Thanks Thanks:  97
Likes Likes:  455
Page 19 of 142 FirstFirst ... 9101112131415161718192021222324252627282969119 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Who would you have JMac target this year?

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Is that the one where he picked Bob's jumper number 2 for next year?
    Did everything but to be honest. Was asked about whether or not it would be better to have the contract issue finalised before finals and his response was "I'm not sure I even want to have it finalised before then". Ominous for the Crows.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    Did anyone hear the 5AA grab of Jake Lever's interview tonight? Goneski
    Was it the segment based on the following?

FIVEaa’s Stephen Rowe says he is concerned about Adelaide’s chances of keeping Jake Lever after revealing Lever’s partner has not renewed her teaching contract at a local Adelaide school.
    “I’ve had the ‘I’s and the ‘T’s crossed here,” Rowey said on Monday. “I’m going to be very careful with my wording because I don’t want to burn any parties. When a third party is brought into the equation -- a la a partner -- we are all very loath to do so.”

Rowey continued:

“Jake’s long term partner hasn’t renewed her teaching contract with what I would call a prominent Adelaide college -- [she] finished up on Friday.

“You read into that as you will. But for me, that’s not a positive sign.”

3. Likes bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Did everything but to be honest. Was asked about whether or not it would be better to have the contract issue finalised before finals and his response was "I'm not sure I even want to have it finalised before then". Ominous for the Crows.
    Unlike the Marchbank race last year, we seem to be charging to the front in this race this year. I hope we get him.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Did anyone hear the 5AA grab of Jake Lever's interview tonight? Goneski
    Nope - can you summarise?

On Lever, he's more your second key defender. Paired with Wood, they would be quite a dynamic duo. If we could either a) keep Adams fit or b) find/develop a lock down big key defender, we'd have a complete defensive group.

The 'big' defender doesn't need to be a star - I look at Nathan Brown and he'd be more than adequate, for example. Perhaps Collins can be that player for us.

Post Thanks / Like

So Lever's family and JMacs supposedly know each other. Presumably through Levers dad. So that's the connection. Not sure if that helps us or not. Also might mean the sightings of JMac and Levers dad wasn't so circumspect

Edit: JMac and Levers dad know each other via AIS
    Last edited by bulldogsthru&thru; 11-07-2017 at 09:44 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

A guess based on geography. Lever is from Romsey. Redders is from somewhere like next door Kyneton. It's a small world out there. You'd think they'd know each other. If true, it explains why after Redders missed his set shot late in the game, he was joking and laughing with Lever.
    Kyneton and Romsey aren't that closeby are they? Kyneton is Castlemaine/Bendigo way and Romsey is somewhere else. Is it near camplefield?

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogsthru&thru View Post
    All but signed up with Carlton.

I'm guessing with our offer to Lever we aren't in the race at all for Josh Kelly. Would love to get him. Hopefully we land our man this year. Would hate to miss out again a la Hurley.
    It's usually the ones we don't hear about that Jmac lands. Maybe we are into Kelly. I hope so.

Quote Originally Posted by always right View Post

I don't get the attraction of Rockliff. Just adds to our one pace midfield.
    Me either.

Declan Hamilton is an out and out gun. Maybe we can add him in.
    Oh yeah. Big Decca!

Quote Originally Posted by Remi Moses View Post
    Then we'd have posters crying foul for letting him go for nothing . It's not wise to adopt the "Dodoro" at trade time , as it may come back to bite you on the arse . Good relationships are important with other clubs . Disappointed Hamling left, but it was his choice .
    I'd be surprised if the powers that be were that concerned with what we had to say.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Lever does sound like he's off.

If it's us (and of course I hope it is) best of luck dealing with those dirty birds
    Float Along - Fill Your Lungs

Post Thanks / Like

Outskirts of Kyenton to outskirts of Romsey probably seperate by only about 25km of farms. So in farm and farmers way not that much. It wouldn't surprise me with the perceived inappropriate emotional response by Redders in joking with Lever after missing a set shot, that they might know each other well enough. Just seems a really odd thing to do unless you know him well enough.

That's just BT tea leaf reading though.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    What connection does Lever have with us?
    Future Doggies Premiership, Norm Smith Medalist.😀
    It's better to die on our feet than live on our knees.

11. Likes chef, bornadog, Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Outskirts of Kyenton to outskirts of Romsey probably seperate by only about 25km of farms. So in farm and farmers way not that much. It wouldn't surprise me with the perceived inappropriate emotional response by Redders in joking with Lever after missing a set shot, that they might know each other well enough. Just seems a really odd thing to do unless you know him well enough.

That's just BT tea leaf reading though.
    There is a big difference in age, however, their families may know each other.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Adelaide will want more than our first round, I suspect a player will be in the mix.
    Anyone have an idea who they would realistically will target ?
    It's better to die on our feet than live on our knees.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KT31 View Post
    Adelaide will want more than our first round, I suspect a player will in the mix.
    They need midfielders I would say.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KT31 View Post
    Adelaide will want more than our first round, I suspect a player will in the mix.
    Our SA boys are Daniel, Williams, Hamilton & Young. I presume they want a local who won't have a 'go home factor'.

If we have to go more, then I'd prefer a 2018 second rounder making it nearly identical to the O'Meara trade.

Post Thanks / Like

I've had a look at Levers form line for this year and concede he's had a very good season.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    I've had a look at Levers form line for this year and concede he's had a very good season.
    Say we have to give up pick 10 at least, would there be a midfielder of quality still at that point in a draft this year? Since we went for KP types last year I was really hoping a mid with speed and skill might be around with our first pick?