Thanks Thanks:  97
Likes Likes:  455
Page 22 of 142 FirstFirst ... 12131415161718192021222324252627282930313272122 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Who would you have JMac target this year?

Quote Originally Posted by boydogs View Post
    Rockliff has been horrendously mismanaged at Brisbane. He is capable of doing for another club what Tom Mitchell has done for Hawthorn this year
    Music to my ears to hear another calling for Rockliff. His entire career has been the lingering shit from Fev, Voss sacked, gun players leaving, Leppitsch sacked, gun players leaving and being captain of a club that was going nowhere quick with the responsibility of being the main midfielder. Put him in a team where he gets some more time and space with the freedom of great mids around him, and the opportunity to be a very good player in hopefully a very good side going ahead... And it makes a lot of sense to target him as a free agent. His numbers compare very well against Dustin Martin for most areas this year, and he comes at a fraction of the price and with his head now well and truly pulled in.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

2. Likes boydogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I'd be very happy to see us come away with Rockliff and Lever from this trade period.

Post Thanks / Like

The AFL Trade Whispers twitter account (I know...) mentioned we've had 'serious discussions on the pros and cons of recruiting Tom Rockliff'
    Float Along - Fill Your Lungs

5. Likes bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Pie Man View Post
    The AFL Trade Whispers twitter account (I know...) mentioned we've had 'serious discussions on the pros and cons of recruiting Tom Rockliff'
    I'm sceptical most of the time about whether or not journos get their info directly from footy forums, but I would guarantee that whoever is running that account has plucked that directly from here.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

7. Likes boydogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Pie Man View Post
    Bevo & Jed Adcock (Brisbane assistant coach) are still tight. You'd hope Jed would tell Bevo straight up if there's any issues.

Some of that guys stuff was way off last year, but he did nail some less expected trades.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Outskirts of Kyenton to outskirts of Romsey probably seperate by only about 25km of farms. So in farm and farmers way not that much. It wouldn't surprise me with the perceived inappropriate emotional response by Redders in joking with Lever after missing a set shot, that they might know each other well enough. Just seems a really odd thing to do unless you know him well enough.

That's just BT tea leaf reading though.
    You lost me when you left the Calder. Maybe close as the crow flies but I don't know anyone who's ever gone from Kyneton to Romsey so I'm pretty sure it's not possible.

Who at the dogs hasn't done an ACL!

I just did mine walking and typing this on my iPad. Off to my surgeon tomorrow and hopefully some decent posts in 12 months.
    I did mine 3 times this morning making a cup of coffee and starting my car.

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    If Kelly is unobtainable would we chase Hopper?

Clubs circling the other out-of-contract Giant mid

MOST attention surrounds Josh Kelly's future with Greater Western Sydney, but clubs continue to circle fellow young Giant Jacob Hopper as the midfielder delays a call on his own contract situation.

Hopper's original two-year contract expires with the Giants at the end of this season, and he is unlikely to make a decision on his next move until then. He hasn't played since round seven since injuring his finger and subsequently his ankle at training.

AFL.com.au understands Hopper, a graduate of the club's academy program, has a preference at this stage to remain with the Giants, but that rivals continue to eye the ball-winner who made a stunning debut last season when he gathered 32 disposals in round eight against Gold Coast.

Geelong and Collingwood have been linked to Hopper, but non-Victorian clubs Adelaide and the Brisbane Lions are also among the teams believed to be monitoring his decision.

Hopper joined the club with its first pick (No.7 overall) at the 2015 NAB AFL Draft, and was followed by Matthew Kennedy (No.13) and Harrison Himmelberg (No.16) as fellow first-round academy picks.

All three remain unsigned for next year, with contract discussions recently opening with Himmelberg for a new deal but no movement with Kennedy, who has played 11 senior games this season and averaged 18 disposals.

Hopper grew up in Leeton, which fell in the Giants' New South Wales academy region, but moved to Ballarat as a teenager to study at St Patrick's College and played with the Rebels in the TAC Cup.

The Giants' unsigned trio are among a small group of first-round picks from the 2015 draft who are yet to commit beyond this season, alongside Essendon's Darcy Parish, Richmond's Daniel Rioli and Adelaide defender Tom Doedee.

Greater Western Sydney recently locked away its first three picks from last year's draft – Will Setterfield, Tim Taranto and Harry Perryman – to two-year contract extensions which tie them to the club until the end of 2020.
    How about Toby Greene? Great player not getting time in the midfield and he can kick straight (at least he does against us). Could we pry him free even if he is contracted?

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    Smith was very good in the finals, but he is miles off that form now.. Looks really slow and lacking mobility which is limiting his ability to apply forward pressure.

Hopefully another pre-season does him wonders because on his form in 2017 he doesn't look like he will be a regular member of our team moving forward.
    He looks a mile off. Hopefully it's fitness base and not soreness from his knees.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

10. Likes bulldogtragic, boydogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Bevo & Jed Adcock (Brisbane assistant coach) are still tight. You'd hope Jed would tell Bevo straight up if there's any issues.

Some of that guys stuff was way off last year, but he did nail some less expected trades.
    If you throw enough of something on a wall some of it will stick.

Pretty sure that account posted last year Tom Cambpell was all but traded

12. Likes bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogsthru&thru View Post
    If you throw enough of something on a wall some of it will stick.

Pretty sure that account posted last year Tom Cambpell was all but traded
    It's a scientific trick. Don't believe anything on social media.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    How about Toby Greene? Great player not getting time in the midfield and he can kick straight (at least he does against us). Could we pry him free even if he is contracted?
    Good player but I would rather get Ivan Milat and Rolf Harris to the club before the bloke with the most punchable head in the AFL. Would surely fail the dickhead test.

Post Thanks / Like

PLEASE not Toby Greene.

16. Likes bornadog, boydogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

It's a scientific trick. Don't believe anything on social media.
    Fake News!

That account would have 100% read your posts regarding Rockliff. It's no coincidence.

If we got Lever and Rockliff this trade period i'd be pretty darn happy

Post Thanks / Like

Would love Toby Greene. He can be rehabilitated.
    I thought I was wrong once but I was mistaken.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    Good player but I would rather get Ivan Milat and Rolf Harris to the club before the bloke with the most punchable head in the AFL. Would surely fail the dickhead test.
    Quote Originally Posted by Murphy'sLore View Post
    PLEASE not Toby Greene.
    I'm not sure I want a guy on the list who targets the smallest player in the league with a cheap shot to the face from behind, though many of us welcomed Barry Hall with open arms and he was a thug who committed a despicable act on the field towards Brent Staker.

I'm sure if he did find his way to the Kennel we'd learn to live with it, and maybe, just maybe, we'd learn to love him.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogsthru&thru View Post
    Fake News!

That account would have 100% read your posts regarding Rockliff. It's no coincidence.

If we got Lever and Rockliff this trade period i'd be pretty darn happy
    If be celebrating. They're not Burgoyne & Gibson (Hawks 2009 additions), but like them they're the best midfielder at their club and second best defender both with significant scope to improve and offer immediate team impact from day one.

If anyone is tweeting my ramblings they need to get a hobby.

Post Thanks / Like

He fails almost every dickhead test yet devised.
    He is a perfect for the team he currently plays for.

22. Likes The Doctor liked this post