Thanks Thanks:  97
Likes Likes:  455
Page 25 of 142 FirstFirst ... 15161718192021222324252627282930313233343575125 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Who would you have JMac target this year?

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    I'm not that worried about whether he's a good bloke. I just want to watch him play football not be my best mate.
    Watching that vid, god he was good. What I meant was someone that didn't disrupt the club. Would be great if some how we got Josh Kelly, who is also besties with The Bont.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Watching that vid, god he was good. What I meant was someone that didn't disrupt the club. Would be great if some how we got Josh Kelly, who is also besties with The Bont.
    Yeah true. It's important that everyone is at least working in the same direction.

I think we've seen perfect examples of both sides of the coin in the last 18 months.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    We could do with his brilliance right now. Who can we target to do this, but also a nice bloke.:

If they can make you a 15 minute highlight video then you could probably seriously play.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Aker was an outstanding footballer, but a narcissist and attention seeker who from an early age played that role whilst being an elite runner and footballer, but never matured.

Just read his first book to find out what I'm talking about, if you don't want to take my word for it.

Jesus he could play though.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

5. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

It's funny what a kid can pick up. Me and my (at the time) 7 year old were watching a Brisbane game on TV in 2005 or 6 or whenever Aker fell out with Brisbane when he says "dad why won't they give it to Aker? He keeps getting by himself but the others won't give it to him." Then a couple of days later Aker walks out.

7. Likes jeemak liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Barrett has Melbourne leading the race for Lever. Sounds like his dad gets around a fair bit as he is apparently "well known" down at the demons

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogsthru&thru View Post
    Barrett has Melbourne leading the race for Lever. Sounds like his dad gets around a fair bit as he is apparently "well known" down at the demons

Maybe he uses body doubles like Saddam Hussein and Charlie Chaplin?

Post Thanks / Like

I admit to having never actually seen him play but looking at potentially undervalued players would Matt Scharenberg be of interest to us?

Half back flanker, nice kick and size (191cm), top 10 pick, has barely played for Collingwood and has been dropped this week after a season of not being selected despite good VFL performances and a 21 possession game last week. He must be frustrated and while the logical move is for him to return to a SA club, we could potentially steal him for not very much.

As an example of his worth, Nathan Freeman from the same draft (pick 10) went to St.Kilda two seasons ago for a second round pick. Could possibly have similar value to Webb should he leave.
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

Post Thanks / Like

Not sure soupaman, Freeman would probably be a no because he just can't get on the park, Scharenberg might have some appeal but I think the Pies will stick with him.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by soupaman View Post
    I admit to having never actually seen him play but looking at potentially undervalued players would Matt Scharenberg be of interest to us?

Half back flanker, nice kick and size (191cm), top 10 pick, has barely played for Collingwood and has been dropped this week after a season of not being selected despite good VFL performances and a 21 possession game last week. He must be frustrated and while the logical move is for him to return to a SA club, we could potentially steal him for not very much.

As an example of his worth, Nathan Freeman from the same draft (pick 10) went to St.Kilda two seasons ago for a second round pick. Could possibly have similar value to Webb should he leave.
    I believe he was passed by other teams because of ankle or leg problems, Collingwood took the punt and he has suffered injuries all
    Through his short career
    Too much a gamble but if he was to get over his injuries he is definitley a very good player.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by soupaman View Post

Maybe not Scharenberg specifically but his type, tall and a good kick is exactly the type of player we should be considering for our midfield. I'd really like a goalkicking mid. I'd really like a goalkicking anything ATM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Not sure soupaman, Freeman would probably be a no because he just can't get on the park, Scharenberg might have some appeal but I think the Pies will stick with him.
    Freeman is merely an example of possible cost to acquire Scharenberg. Freeman has possibly been uninjured for maybe 2 months of his 4 year playing career thus far so I have no interest in him.

/
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah I'd be happy to pick him up but probably for a third round pick only.
    I thought I was wrong once but I was mistaken.

Post Thanks / Like

Whisper that Brisbane aren't as confident of keeping Rockliff as they were a few weeks ago . Wonder if he's on our radar

17. Likes bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Remi Moses View Post
    Whisper that Brisbane aren't as confident of keeping Rockliff as they were a few weeks ago . Wonder if he's on our radar
    I hope so. It's a win-win. Let him chase a flag (costing the new club only salary) and let them get great compo for this rebuild, which looks to be working.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023