Thanks Thanks:  97
Likes Likes:  455
Page 26 of 142 FirstFirst ... 16171819202122232425262728293031323334353676126 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Who would you have JMac target this year?

We need some depth at the ruck position, would Tippett be worth having a chat to providing the Swans paid some of his contract?
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    We need some depth at the ruck position, would Tippett be worth having a chat to providing the Swans paid some of his contract?
    On first thoughts, not really. His ruck work is average and his forward work is average.

On second thoughts, it would give us some flexibility with Roughead and T. Boyd all capable of playing multiple positions.

On third thoughts, he'd still cost too much in terms of $$.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post
    On first thoughts, not really. His ruck work is average and his forward work is average.

On second thoughts, it would give us some flexibility with Roughead and T. Boyd all capable of playing multiple positions.

On third thoughts, he'd still cost too much in terms of $$.
    While I can't see it happening apparently we don't rate the ruck position that highly so Tippett would just need to be competitive
    He would give us some flexibility and I think the Swans would consider paying a chunk of his contract.
    The real downside is that he is already 30 and his form is wavering but he could be a decent short term option until English is better prepared to handle the ruck duties.

Gary Buckenara suggested that we should again have a look at Lobbe and even suggested Pittard might provide us some run.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

While I can't see it happening apparently we don't rate the ruck position that highly so Tippett would just need to be competitive
    He would give us some flexibility and I think the Swans would consider paying a chunk of his contract.
    The real downside is that he is already 30 and his form is wavering but he could be a decent short term option until English is better prepared to handle the ruck duties.

Gary Buckenara suggested that we should again have a look at Lobbe and even suggested Pittard might provide us some run.
    There's merit in the type of player, but Tippet hasn't fired a shot for a long while and as you mentioned, he's already 30 y.o. Add that to the fact that he still won't come cheap and it's hard to see anyone touching him.

Lobbe? Where would that leave Roughead?

I prefer Williams to Pittard. The latter is very shaky under any sort of pressure.

Post Thanks / Like

According to the Sunday Footy Show Tippet's form is barely good enough for NEAFL level. That's why Sinclair played (and probably went past Tippet on the pecking order) against st Kilda on the weekend.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    According to the Sunday Footy Show Tippet's form is barely good enough for NEAFL level. That's why Sinclair played (and probably went past Tippet on the pecking order) against st Kilda on the weekend.
    Strange. My mail is he kicked five in the NEAFL on the weekend.
    (Not defending him... I've never rated Tippett - just pointing out what I've heard re the weekend.)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Webby View Post
    (Not defending him... I've never rated Tippett - just pointing out what I've heard re the weekend.)

May have been talking about his form leading up to the weekend and why Sydney went with Sinclair instead of Tippet for Saturday's game?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    May have been talking about his form leading up to the weekend and why Sydney went with Sinclair instead of Tippet for Saturday's game?
    Ah yes. Makes sense. I'm with you now.

Post Thanks / Like

Big No to Tippett. He has stacked on the kilo's and now lumbers around. I remember seeing him play in the Prelim a few years ago against the Hawks when he was with Adelaide. He was unstoppable in the air, taking mark after mark and getting the ball into Walker. Almost won that game on his own performance. ( I just looked up that game, Prelim 2012, he kicked 4 goals, and took 11 marks)

He has been struck down with injury, and his form has been very poor for a number of years now.

As for Lobbe, no thank you as well, I would rather have Tom Campbell that Lobbe.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

10. Likes Bulldog Revolution liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Sinclair played the game of his life against the Saints. Has Port's Trengrove re-signed?
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Do we really need more than 4. Tom Campbell improved before he was injured. Then you have Roughy and Tom Boyd. Plus Tim English who is coming along nicely in the VFL. I think we need a couple of genuine speedy players mids/forwards.

Post Thanks / Like

Tippett kicked 5 in a 155 point win against a rabble. The lower NEAFL teams are of a very poor standard. I would take his 5 goals with a massive grain of salt.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    Do we really need more than 4. Tom Campbell improved before he was injured. Then you have Roughy and Tom Boyd. Plus Tim English who is coming along nicely in the VFL. I think we need a couple of genuine speedy players mids/forwards.
    I agree with this, we have been found out slightly this year with health issues but we are still playing English in the twos so i don't see it as a big issue. If the question was "do we need to target a number one ruckmen?" then i think there is some merit.
    "Loves a scrap....oh yeah & he's a pretty handy footballer as well"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SlimPickens View Post
    I agree with this, we have been found out slightly this year with health issues but we are still playing English in the twos so i don't see it as a big issue. If the question was "do we need to target a number one ruckmen?" then i think there is some merit.
    Yep, that's the correct question. Quality v quantity. Kind of.

We don't appear to rate the ruck position but does the coach not rate all ruckman or would he actually use a quality ruckman? (in the ruck and not as a permanent small forward)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SlimPickens View Post
    Yep, that's the correct question. Quality v quantity. Kind of. We already have enough ruckmen but they all have short comings at the moment be it too young or injured or whatever.

But the coaches don't appear to rate the ruck position but does the coach not rate all ruckman or would he actually use a quality ruckman? (in the ruck and not as a permanent small forward)