Thanks Thanks:  97
Likes Likes:  455
Page 30 of 142 FirstFirst ... 20212223242526272829303132333435363738394080130 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Who would you have JMac target this year?

Quote Originally Posted by macca View Post
    Aaron Young kicked an excellent goal today in last min of Port vs Saints. I wonder what has been keeping him out of the side ? As there are a few players vying for that forward spot , can he play in midfield ?
    I don't think he is a midfielder but like a lot of players he probably needs to be able to play there for a few minutes here and there
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Woofer is there a corporate area at the moment,?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    I don't think he is a midfielder but like a lot of players he probably needs to be able to play there for a few minutes here and there
    He's Josh Jenkins but 180cms tall. Hard pass.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    He's Josh Jenkins but 180cms tall. Hard pass.
    Good call

Post Thanks / Like

Just Adelaide have offered Mitch McGovern 2 years 350 per year.
    Seriously low balled .Salary cap must be tight

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Remi Moses View Post
    I wonder what the Lever offer is then??
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Remi Moses View Post
    Does that mean he is then eligible for free agency?
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    I wonder what the Lever offer is then??
    Apparently Freo have offered over 700 ! Interesting question on Lever, you'd imagine it would have to be more than that .
    Salary cap must be very tight , as you'd think McGovern should be earning more coin than that

Post Thanks / Like

Do we need to chase anyone ? We have Adams and Collins coming through, plenty of mids and Redpath, English.
    Could we just go for draft picks ?
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    Do we need to chase anyone ? We have Adams and Collins coming through, plenty of mids and Redpath, English.
    Could we just go for draft picks ?
    I'm a firm no. Josh Kelly in particular, or Lever make us much better. I'm over drafting kids like Hrovat (maybe Webb too) with good picks and getting SFA in return. As for Lever, we can play with Adams or Young forward (as they were as juniors) and not go chasing tall forwards for many years and stop journos reporting the annual Sam Reid or John Butcher stories. Guaranteed top end talent coming in is just fine by me.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    I'm a firm no. Josh Kelly in particular, or Lever make us much better. I'm over drafting kids like Hrovat (maybe Webb too) with good picks and getting SFA in return. As for Lever, we can play with Adams or Young forward (as they were as juniors) and not go chasing tall forwards for many years and stop journos reporting the annual Sam Reid or John Butcher stories. Guaranteed top end talent coming in is just fine by me.
    But this comes with a cost of salary cap , let's face it we are already premiers cant be too
    Much we need, Cordy is coming along great as well .. We will be one of the youngest sides going around next year again with maybe Murphy and Boyd retiring, the kids are only going to get better.
    I'm not a fan of recruiting from other teams just because the media thinks it's a must with all star players out of contract. It's kind of like expected but it's not a rule.
    I do agree Lever is a gun a Romsey boy and would love to come home and to us but is it a must have at the price we pay?
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    But this comes with a cost of salary cap , let's face it we are already premiers cant be too
    Much we need, Cordy is coming along great as well .. We will be one of the youngest sides going around next year again with maybe Murphy and Boyd retiring, the kids are only going to get better.
    I'm not a fan of recruiting from other teams just because the media thinks it's a must with all star players out of contract. It's kind of like expected but it's not a rule.
    I do agree Lever is a gun a Romsey boy and would love to come home and to us but is it a must have at the price we pay?
    To quote D. Trump, it's all about the deal (years and dollars). We still have salary cap room according to Dalrymple, so if we can use that cap and a first rounder to see if we can immediately improve the list then I'm all for it. The media have no role in forming what we need to do.

Post Thanks / Like

I'd have him target and sign up Bailey Dale and Lukas Webb...
    More of an In Bruges guy?

14. Likes bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    I'd have him target and sign up Bailey Dale and Lukas Webb...
    Amen brother Aza. Amen.

Post Thanks / Like

Not confirmed but highly likely:

Swans will re-sign both Sam Reid and Zak Jones to long-term deals, possibly 4 years each. Have thwarted significant interest in Victoria
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.