Thanks Thanks:  97
Likes Likes:  455
Page 33 of 142 FirstFirst ... 23242526272829303132333435363738394041424383133 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Who would you have JMac target this year?

I think we just need 2 KPD's and a Ruckman

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by westbulldog View Post
    Adams, Roberts, Zordy, Morris, Collins are probably the 5 we have at the moment.

Collins apparently has been doing well in the 2s recently

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Topdog View Post
    Adams, Roberts, Zordy, Morris, Collins are probably the 5 we have at the moment.

People keep forgetting, Collins is only 19 years old and won't be 20 till December - so needs a lot of development time yet.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    People keep forgetting, Collins is only 19 years old and won't be 20 till December - so needs a lot of development time yet.
    He has come along way since last year , he looked to big and slow last year but he is starting to get into a Rythmn with mind and body working together on instinct and confidence.
    Wouldn't be up with a fit Adams yet though.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

I reckon Collins is going to play about 70 to 80 vfl games until he makes his mark . Probably similar to what Hawthorn have done with the likes of Brand and a few others

Post Thanks / Like

This thread is for specific players from other clubs - who would you like JMac to target? We are already targeting Lever, is there anyone else we should go for?

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Add in Young too.

8. Likes Topdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

This thread is for specific players from other clubs - who would you like JMac to target? We are already targeting Lever, is there anyone else we should go for?
    I hope we are into Josh Kelly. The Bont and Kelly in the same midfield would be nice.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

10. Likes Topdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    I hope we are into Josh Kelly. The Bont and Kelly in the same midfield would be nice.
    Yes, Kelly is the player I want.

Post Thanks / Like

Not sure we will see that. I can see Bont moving to perm forward already

Post Thanks / Like

Kelly would be an amazing get. If we as a club can show him we are pushing for a dynasty with some September success, that must be an advantage over others who will be in phases of rebuilding.

I'm wanting a trade with picks and also a free agency combo:

1. Kelly (trade: gun mid) & McKenzie (FA: very good tall defender, more than competent in similar defence systems, a former B&F and allows us to use Adams or Young forward if we want to. That might mean our next KPF is already on the list) - My preference.

2. Lever (trade: gun defender) & Rockliff (FA: very good midfielder) - Very good plan B.

If Campbell gets traded out, then we need a ruckman. I'd be asking Kruezer not to activate his extension clause and go via free agency.

Our good as a team, is very good. If we can bring in two or three ready made players, potentially best 22 players, that should raise us up another level. You look at Geelong & Hawthorn, at some point you bring in quality ready mades quite aggressively to keep pushing harder for sustained success towards a dynasty. I think this year is the year to do it.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

14. Likes 1eyedog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the reminder. I have already said in a previous post "If we want to recruit from the Swans I would go for Alir Alir, not Tippett although he could be useful if he came cheap and could stay on the park." Zac Smith, Jack Martin, Tom McDonald, Robbie Tarrant if they haven't re-signed. McStay would have been ideal.

16. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the reminder. I have already said in a previous post "If we want to recruit from the Swans I would go for Alir Alir, not Tippett although he could be useful if he came cheap and could stay on the park." Zac Smith, Jack Martin, Tom McDonald, Robbie Tarrant if they haven't re-signed. McStay would have been ideal.
    Not sure about Smith but the others are all contracted (and I imagine McDonald and Tarrant would be completely unobtainable in any case).

Post Thanks / Like

I think he's more important to us than Lever. Lever is covered by the tall defensive options we have on the list already and only Bont does some of the things Kelly does. Kelly eats pressure for breakfast, in that close finish GWS had a couple of weeks ago Kelly was one of the few players at end of the game who really wanted the ball in his hands. It's no coincidence that it was him who kicked the goal that won the game. I think he's gettable too.

Not sure we will see that. I can see Bont moving to perm forward already
    In any other age he'd be a forward with his height and agility.

McDonald plays at both ends. Would be good. What sort of ruckman would you be looking for? A solid state league type or experienced no 1 from another club?

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    Not sure about Smith but the others are all contracted (and I imagine McDonald and Tarrant would be completely unobtainable in any case).
    I think Alir Alir is out of contract. He's one I'd be looking at as a KPP as he has a bit more height and defends a little better than a couple of our existing KPPs.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

I think Alir Alir is out of contract. He's one I'd be looking at as a KPP as he has a bit more height and defends a little better than a couple of our existing KPPs.
    I wasn't referring to Alir as he has already been discussed previously, just the players I highlighted in bold.