Thanks Thanks:  10
Likes Likes:  25
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: JLT - Western Bulldogs vs Melbourne

Quote Originally Posted by SonofScray View Post
    So-so, leaning towards the less impressive side of the equation for that hit out. Signs of the run and dash and dare, the intense tackling etc came in and out of the game. It felt like Melbourne brought a more invested squad into the contest than we did, but 5 mins of our best could undo most of the damage.
    Didn't watch the game but it is not surprising that Melbourne are more advanced than us in terms of pre-season training seeing as they commenced 5 weeks before we did.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

2. Likes SonofScray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Only saw bits and pieces, but felt Melbourne got a lot of 'easy' goals from poor defending.. Having no Morris, Wood and Boyd doesn't help in this area.

2.10 in the last quarter wasn't ideal.. Lots of good play, but a few bits where we didn't finish off our work... But that will come.

Hopefully Roughy isn't too bad, not sold at all on Campbell as our no1 ruck.

Melbourne were pretty much at full strength so the result wasn't unexpected, but when we turned the heat up in fits and starts we looked the much better side.. Looking forward to seeing the young guys get a good go at it in a few weeks time.

4. Likes N/A liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Any news about Bailey Williams? Not selected in the playing list at all - where is he at this pre season? Am hoping he really comes on this year. He looks to me to be a very talented prospect.

Post Thanks / Like

Was it Adams or Roberts on Hogan for the most?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lemmon View Post
    Was it Adams or Roberts on Hogan for the most?
    Adams.

Post Thanks / Like

I went along. Hard to get excited about a pre-season game, coming off the end of last year!

Dahlhaus, JJ, Libba and Cloke all played well. Hard to judge players though given that playing % time were all over the place. Add to that, that it was very windy (as always) at the ground, which affected the standard. Will be interesting to see what the outcome is for Roughy. TC is looking a strong chance to be no.1 ruck for round 1.

Credit where due to those responsible for setting up the ground. Was done a lot better than in the past, with food/beverage & toilets not being too long a wait (exception being for coffee - with only one coffee machine - the coffee line was out of control).

9. Thanks Eastdog thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    One thing that worried me about recruiting Clokey. They used to say that you weren't washed up as a full forward until you'd found your way to Footscray.
    We had a long list - but I like to think Hall broke that tradition. Was good for a couple of years for us, while Cloke cost virtually nothing and is playing for unders.

Hopefully Redders recovers in that time and we can find a young KPF in this years' draft to start to develop.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    We had a long list - but I like to think Hall broke that tradition. Was good for a couple of years for us, while Cloke cost virtually nothing and is playing for unders.

Hopefully Redders recovers in that time and we can find a young KPF in this years' draft to start to develop.

Man. I was counting them off in my head trying desperately to think of a counter argument to Jako and Cook and all the rest of the fattening full forward brigade. Forgot all about BBB-he kicked 80 odd one year didn't he? I guess that Richard Osborne wasn't a bust either but not really a tradional full forward.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Man. I was counting them off in my head trying desperately to think of a counter argument to Jako and Cook and all the rest of the fattening full forward brigade. Forgot all about BBB-he kicked 80 odd one year didn't he? I guess that Richard Osborne wasn't a bust either but not really a tradional full forward.
    I thought Simon Minton-Connell had his moments with us too, when he wasn't sharing the FF spot.
    Still never saw him mark above his head.

Does Chops Rickman count? Played VFA before coming to the Bulldogs didn't he?
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

I thought Simon Minton-Connell had his moments with us too, when he wasn't sharing the FF spot.

Left us and then went to Willi. Only played 11 games for us - would you believe.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Came to us from Preston from memory. But he was only 18 or 19 so I don't even know if he played seniors there.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Left us and then went to Willi. Only played 11 games for us - would you believe.
    Chops kicked 6 goals against North at Arden st. in one of those games too.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    1984. The last time we played the cow *!*!*!*!ers at Arden street after 100 years of continuous competition there. Chops played on Keith Greig all day but I thought he kicked 7. I might be wrong. We had a big win. Maybe chops kicked 6 and we won by 7.

Post Thanks / Like

1984. The last time we played the cow *!*!*!*!ers at Arden street after 100 years of continuous competition there. Chops played on Keith Greig all day but I thought he kicked 7. I might be wrong. We had a big win. Maybe chops kicked 6 and we won by 7.
    He did kick 6 that day and only 10 overall in his 11 games

It feels as if Chops played a lot more games, but then again my memory is not that good.
    Last edited by bornadog; 22-02-2017 at 02:25 PM.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.