Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  2
    Post Thanks / Like

TheRoar, By Ryan Buckland: Marcus Bontempelli will end the year as the AFL’s best player

LINK
    - History shows the AFL Rising Star voting panel erred in awarding Brisbane’s Lewis Taylor the title, even if Bontempelli lost by a single vote, despite playing eight fewer games.

- Bontempelli has demonstrated flexibility that might be unprecedented in the AFL – at least in the modern era.

- Around the ground, Bontempelli has the gait of a baby giraffe, but the momentum of an African elephant. He’s nearly untackleable when he breaks into a run, his powerful, long strides difficult for all but the best stoppers to contain.

- There’s a universe in which Bontempelli kicks 1.5 goals a game and averages close to 30 touches a game. There’s also a universe in which he kicks two a game with 20 touches. In either case, the Dogs attacking sets will flow through him.

- It could end with a finish near the pointy end in this year’s Brownlow medal count. If you ask me, regardless of his position in the Brownlow, 2017 will end with Marcus Bontempelli considered the best player in the game.
    Enjoy
    It always seems impossible until it's done. Nelson Mandela

2. Thanks Eastdog, KT31, ratsmac thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: TheRoar, By Ryan Buckland: Marcus Bontempelli will end the year as the AFL’s best player

Thanks choc. Will give that a read soon. So glad I got the signature of Bont last week at the fan day. Very special moment
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Re: TheRoar, By Ryan Buckland: Marcus Bontempelli will end the year as the AFL’s best player

Quote Originally Posted by Eastdog View Post
    Thanks choc. Will give that a read soon. So glad I got the signature of Bont last week at the fan day. Very special moment
    You're a very lucky man Easty

5. Likes Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by redders70 View Post
    You're a very lucky man Easty
    Sure am redders. Was great weather and great travelling to Footscray on the train (taken the train there a number of times now) - in the future once I get much more drivng experience I drive there someday. Autograph booth 1 had a long line and most there I bet wanted Bont's signature. The last autograph booth was long as well with Bob in that one. Booth 3 luckily before I left WO last week didn't have a long line and I secured Crammes, Dunks and Dale Morris's signatures.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eastdog View Post
    Sure am redders. Was great weather and great travelling to Footscray on the train (taken the train there a number of times now) - in the future once I get much more drivng experience I drive there someday. Autograph booth 1 had a long line and most there I bet wanted Bont's signature. The last autograph booth was long as well with Bob in that one. Booth 3 luckily before I left WO last week didn't have a long line and I secured Crammes, Dunks and Dale Morris's signatures.
    Make sure that you give us plenty of notice Easty.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

8. Likes Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    Make sure that you give us plenty of notice Easty.
    Yeah although in saying that parking is quite limited near the Whitten Oval so the train would still be the best way to get there. Don't have to worry about parking.