Thanks Thanks:  69
Likes Likes:  66
Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Injury List - 2017 Season

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    That's his 3rd ACL right?

So the media cheer squad will be giving him the Menzel treatment I take it...
    Will get a 5 second mention upon his comeback. It was a disgrace the way Fox Footy barely acknowledged Clay Smith's 50th game on the weekend.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

2. Likes bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    Will get a 5 second mention upon his comeback. It was a disgrace the way Fox Footy barely acknowledged Clay Smith's 50th game on the weekend.
    If it's a Fox panel/commentary covered game he comes back for, I'd just be happy if they got his name right. But I'm not holding my breath on that.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    If it's a Fox panel/commentary covered game he comes back for, I'd just be happy if they got his name right. But I'm not holding my breath on that.
    Inspirational come back by Ian Redpath.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

5. Likes bulldogtragic, ratsmac, strebla liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Dogs optimistic on Libba, Campbell

Western Bulldogs midfielder Tom Liberatore remains a chance to face Richmond this weekend despite suffering a concussion against GWS on Friday night, according to Head Physiotherapist Chris Bell.

Liberatore left the game early after a tackle from Giants ruckman Shane Mumford and will undergo a concussion test ahead of Saturday night’s clash with the Tigers.

“Libba was involved in a tackle in the fourth quarter of the game on the weekend where he was concussed,” Bell said.

“He’s come in really well today and he will be assessed this week, as we usually do clinically, and we’ll make a decision on his availability later in the week.”

The Bulldogs will also make a decision on big man Tom Campbell this week after he was a late withdrawal on Friday night.

“Tom developed some ankle soreness during the last training session leading into the GWS game.

“He was a late withdrawal, but will be assessed and monitored this week and we’ll make a decision on his availability as the week goes on.”

Veteran Matthew Boyd is another who’ll be assessed this week after missing last week’s game, but Bell is optimistic he’ll be available for selection.

“Boydy developed some general soreness following the Brisbane game and we decided to manage his load over the weekend.

“He has come in well today and will be monitored during training this week with the expectation that he will return to availability.”

And there was mix of news to come out of the VFL on Friday night, with Mitch Wallis and Tory Dickson pulling up well from successful returns, however the news isn’t as positive for rookie Brad Lynch who strained a hamstring during his side’s 124-point win.

"He’s expected to miss three to four weeks," Bell said.

Post Thanks / Like

Read Campbell and Boyd to come in.

Is Dicko good enough to come in after one VFL match? I think he'll be close.

Does anyone have anything on Crameri?
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

8. Likes N/A liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    Read Campbell and Boyd to come in.

Is Dicko good enough to come in after one VFL match? I think he'll be close.

Does anyone have anything on Crameri?
    He said at the social club last week, it's an aggravation and was hoping to be back playing this week or next, presumably in the VFL.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

10. Thanks 1eyedog thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I think Dickson needs at least another game in the VFL he was pretty slow

Post Thanks / Like

Player Injury Duration
    Patrick Lipinski collarbone TBC
    Matthew Boyd general soreness test
    Tom Liberatore concussion test
    Tom Campbell ankle test
    Stewart Crameri hip 1 - 2 weeks
    Jordan Roughead hamstring 2 - 3 weeks
    Dale Morris leg 2 - 3 weeks
    Jack Redpath knee 2 - 3 weeks
    Travis Cloke ribs 2 - 4 weeks
    Brad Lynch hamstring 3 - 4 weeks
    * Injury list updated on Monday 1 May 2017
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

13. Likes N/A, strebla, 1eyedog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Player Injury Duration
    Patrick Lipinski collarbone TBC
    Matthew Boyd general soreness test
    Tom Liberatore concussion test
    Tom Campbell ankle test
    Stewart Crameri hip 1 - 2 weeks
    Jordan Roughead hamstring 2 - 3 weeks
    Dale Morris leg 2 - 3 weeks
    Jack Redpath knee 2 - 3 weeks
    Travis Cloke ribs 2 - 4 weeks
    Brad Lynch hamstring 3 - 4 weeks
    * Injury list updated on Monday 1 May 2017
    Clean bill of health following the bye. Fingers crossed it bloody stays that way!
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

15. Likes MrMahatma liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

He is a friend of a friend, and says he is ready to go
    He said the same in the room but then mentioned that you can't go against the advice.
    Perhaps he has been given the green light
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Fair bit of our old victim mentality on here. I thought that would have disappeared after our second premiership.

Reckon media coverage of our club has changed massively for the better.
    I thought I was wrong once but I was mistaken.

18. Likes strebla liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by always right View Post

Reckon media coverage of our club has changed massively for the better.
    We're the reigning premiers. So it should.

Post Thanks / Like

Don't be surprised if Redpath plays VFL next week.
    Mark Stevens has also tweeted that big Jack is ready to return. Hopefully we will get a chance to see him in the curtain raiser on Saturday.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    Mark Stevens has also tweeted that big Jack is ready to return. Hopefully we will get a chance to see him in the curtain raiser on Saturday.
    Yes mate said he will play, but that was coming from Big Red and not fitness/medicos.

It will be great to have him back.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Bulldog Jack Redpath to return from third knee reco

THE EXTENSIVE injury list at the Western Bulldogs has shrunk by one with key forward Jack Redpath to make his return from a knee reconstruction in the VFL this weekend.

Redpath succumbed to his third ACL tear in last year's round 17 clash against St Kilda at Etihad Stadium, and the 26-year-old will play his first game in nine months at the same venue on Saturday afternoon when Footscray hosts Richmond in a curtain raiser to the clubs' AFL clash.

The Kyneton product's return to the game is just one week after midfielder Mitch Wallis resumed in the VFL from a badly broken leg sustained in same match the hulking goalkicker wrecked his knee.

Redpath ruptured his first two ACLs playing country football before being recruited to Whitten Oval with pick 62 in the 2012 NAB AFL Rookie Draft.

The out-of-contract forward has been training strongly in recent weeks and is likely to be given several games at state league level to prepare him for a return to the senior side.

With Redpath back in action, and fellow key forward Travis Cloke as little as two weeks away from returning from broken ribs, it will leave coach Luke Beveridge with plenty of tall attacking options, but also a selection headache.

Throw the underperforming Tom Boyd into that mix and the premiership coach will have strong competition for spots for the forward-ruck role.

The Dogs' big man stocks will be bolstered further when No.1 ruckman Jordan Roughead returns from a serious hamstring injury after the club's mid-season bye in round 11.

In further good news, veteran defender Dale Morris (leg) and hard running forward Stewart Crameri (hip) should overcome their injuries in the next fortnight.

23. Thanks bornadog thanked for this post
    Likes Bulldog4life liked this post