Thanks Thanks:  69
Likes Likes:  66
Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Injury List - 2017 Season

I know how bad this sounds but I'm kind of resentful that we seem to cop serious injuries, often uncommon types and often in the last moments of a game.......whilst Riewoldt goes down with a suspected ACL and then miraculously finds it to be bone bruising. I don't wish anything bad upon him but when are we going to enjoy the same sort of luck?
    I thought I was wrong once but I was mistaken.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by always right View Post
    I know how bad this sounds but I'm kind of resentful that we seem to cop serious injuries, often uncommon types and often in the last moments of a game.......whilst Riewoldt goes down with a suspected ACL and then miraculously finds it to be bone bruising. I don't wish anything bad upon him but when are we going to enjoy the same sort of luck?
    We spat in the injuries gods face last season. We'll adapt
    The curse is dead.

3. Likes Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Dare say we might resort to a more grinding style while Dale is out to try and protect the back six.

While it sucks we lose such a champ for a few months, Cordy, Fletch & Adams have a great opportunity to step up. Let's hope they take it.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    Abdominal pains out for three to four weeks minimum ?
    I wonder what that is ?
    Who was the other player we had kept getting them and kept missing weeks ?
    I think I read somewhere that they went to extreme measures to get him on the park during the finals last year due to problems in his abdominal. Sounds like it's been a long recovery and they're being cautious.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    Abdominal pains out for three to four weeks minimum ?
    I wonder what that is ?

Who was the other player we had kept getting them and kept missing weeks ?
    Too much dancing at the nightclubs and not being careful as to what goes in his mouth?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by always right View Post
    Completely my thoughts. I don't want others to get injured and felt bad for Riewoldt when he went down. But far out when will it ever stop for us!?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogsthru&thru View Post
    Completely my thoughts. I don't want others to get injured and felt bad for Riewoldt when he went down. But far out when will it ever stop for us!?
    Yeah my thoughts as well.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    Too much dancing at the nightclubs and not being careful as to what goes in his mouth?
    This is rather vague indeed.

Although keep in mind last time he had adductor strain or whatever he ended up with abdominal muscle strains shortly after recovering from that I believe. Maybe he has done something similar.

Unless it is just a generalization for a further problem with his hip injury and they don't want the world to know about it in case he receives attention in games.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberdoggie View Post
    This is rather vague indeed.

Although keep in mind last time he had adductor strain or whatever he ended up with abdominal muscle strains shortly after recovering from that I believe. Maybe he has done something similar.

Unless it is just a generalization for a further problem with his hip injury and they don't want the world to know about it in case he receives attention in games.
    I was very vague on purpose. My wife is a good friend with one of Tory's close relatives. I won't repeat what she was told but if true, and I have no reason not to believe the relative, it was very disappointing to hear.

Post Thanks / Like

Player
    Injury
    Estimated Return
    Tim English Shin soreness Test
    Tory Dickson Abdominal 3-4 weeks
    Dale Morris Leg 6-8 weeks
    Josh Prudden Knee TBC
    Jack Redpath Knee TBC
    Jordan Roughead Hamstring 3-4 weeks
    Roarke Smith Knee Season
    Mitch Wallis Broken leg 3-4 weeks
    Updated: Wednesday, March 29
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Prudden should be listed as available

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Player
    Injury
    Estimated Return
    Tim English Shin soreness Test
    Tory Dickson Abdominal 3-4 weeks
    Dale Morris Leg 6-8 weeks
    Josh Prudden Knee TBC
    Jack Redpath Knee TBC
    Jordan Roughead Hamstring 3-4 weeks
    Roarke Smith Knee Season
    Mitch Wallis Broken leg 3-4 weeks
    Updated: Wednesday, March 29
    So in 4 weeks (plus a VFL or two) selection gets nearly impossible. Dickson, Roughy, Wallis & English back.

If Morris is 8 weeks, I'd then give him 9 weeks which gets him to the bye, and so he gets 10 weeks to get 100% and really fresh for the ride home.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

14. Likes N/A liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Jordan Roughead about six weeks away from returning

The Western Bulldogs are eyeing off a return to football for Jordan Roughead in about six weeks after the ruckman's rare injury, where he tore his hamstring off the bone during the pre-season.

Hobbled by the absence of some big men in the lead-up to the home-and-away season, the reigning premiers welcomed back Tom Campbell for Friday night's gripping win over Sydney at Etihad Stadium.

Bulldogs coach Luke Beveridge said the club would be ultra-cautious with Roughead, who has played 113 games for the club since 2010, and he would likely play again in round seven or eight.

"It's just an unusual injury, ripping those tendons off the bone in three places," Beveridge said. "We've got to tread a bit warily with him. But he's mobile, he's running. But we'll make sure he's right before we play him."

Roughead, who famously overcame bleeding in his right eye – a condition known as hyphema – in the lead-up to last year's premiership triumph, admitted he had pushed his body to the edge when he suffered the hamstring injury against Melbourne in February.

"As a footballer, as an athlete, you push yourself right to the edge with what your body is actually capable of," Roughead told 3AW.

"Unfortunately for me I stepped over the mark. I popped a couple of hamstring tendons. Five weeks into the recovery and I've started to do a bit of running. Hopefully back to training soon and I'll be back out here in the not too distant future."
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Wallis was at the reserves game , when asked how he was and when he would return his reply was he felt great and ASAP
    Bring back the biff

17. Likes Go_Dogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

All this talk about hamstrings and tendons is making me hungry - must be lunch time.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.