Thanks Thanks:  69
Likes Likes:  66
Page 6 of 24 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Injury List - 2017 Season

Re Roughy & Morris, they're talking about Round 9 or 10. Our bye as after round 10. Unless we are in dire need for them to get back, I'd favour conservatism and bring them back after the bye. Roughy is far too injury prone and Morris is getting on in age, so I wouldn't risk them either re-injuring themselves or getting a secondary injury to the original injury. With any luck the guys will be impressing and allow the medico's and coaches to give them that extra time to get cherry ripe.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Re Roughy & Morris, they're talking about Round 9 or 10. Our bye as after round 10. Unless we are in dire need for them to get back, I'd favour conservatism and bring them back after the bye. Roughy is far too injury prone and Morris is getting on in age, so I wouldn't risk them either re-injuring themselves or getting a secondary injury to the original injury. With any luck the guys will be impressing and allow the medico's and coaches to give them that extra time to get cherry ripe.
    Round 9 is Geelong in Geelong, round 10 is St Kilda. No gimme's
    If you kicked five goals and Tom Boyd kicked five goals, Tom Boyd kicked more goals than you.

Formerly gogriff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by boydogs View Post
    Round 9 is Geelong in Geelong, round 10 is St Kilda. No gimme's
    Agreed. More so if the team is playing well then there's no need to rush them straight in with any doubt or some part of a VFL game etc.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Told from a very close sauce to Wallis that he will be back for our first V.F.L game of the season.

5. Thanks bornadog thanked for this post
    Likes bulldogtragic, boydogs, G-Mo77 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by redders70 View Post
    Told from a very close sauce to Wallis that he will be back for our first V.F.L game of the season.
    Wow! That's a long way ahead of schedule.

Post Thanks / Like

I note the injured list doesn't make reference to Collins who hasn't played in the last two reserves practice matches or Fergus Green who was a no show on the week-end. I am particularly interested in seeing Collins back out on the park.
    Anyone can support a team that is winning, it takes no courage. But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you, that takes a lot of courage, so lets always be behind our boys and girls in red, white and blue.

Post Thanks / Like

Player
    Injury
    Estimated Return
    Kieran Collins Knee 1 week
    Tim English Shin soreness 1 week
    Tory Dickson Abdominal 2-3 weeks
    Dale Morris Leg 6-8 weeks
    Josh Prudden Knee Available
    Jack Redpath Knee TBC
    Jordan Roughead Hamstring 4-5 weeks
    Roarke Smith Knee Season
    Mitch Wallis Broken leg 2-3 weeks
    Updated: Tuesday, April 4
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Injured Bulldog won't be seen until mid-season, says coach

PREMIERSHIP ruckman Jordan Roughead might not be available until mid-season, with the Western Bulldogs taking a conservative approach with his rehabilitation in the wake of his "rare" hamstring injury.

The 26-year-old was originally expected to miss the first month of the season following the mishap in the JLT Community Series, but it appears now he'll miss at least another five weeks.

The tendon injury is so uncommon it was the first time leading orthopedic surgeon David Young had performed the procedure.

Coach Luke Beveridge said the Dogs wouldn't be taking any risks with the versatile big man.

"[He'll] probably [return] about round seven or eight, we're thinking," Beveridge said.

"It's a different injury with those tendons ripped off the bone.

"It's so rare that David Young, with all the operations and surgery that he's done over the years, I think this is the first one of this kind.

"We'll make sure that we dot our i's and cross our t's in preparing him to play again, so (his rehabilitation) might be a bit longer than it needs to be."

Roughead has progressed from strengthening exercises to running and cross training, but he is still part of a shrinking rehabilitation group at Whitten Oval.

Mitch Wallis has joined full training in his return from a badly broken leg, and could play in the Dogs' VFL season opener on April 14.

The Good Friday clash could also see draftee ruckman Tim English (shin soreness) and second-year key defender Kieran Collins (knee) return from stints on the sidelines.

Goal sneak Tory Dickson is still 2-3 weeks away with an abdominal complaint, while veteran defender Dale Morris is progressing well from a fractured leg that will see him miss at least the next six weeks.

A return date for key forward Jack Redpath is still unclear, but the 26-year-old has been training strongly in his return from an ACL tear.

10. Thanks bornadog thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Wallis was at the last practice match of the VFL and said he felt great . So wouldn't surprise me if he played.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

When Mitch is ready for AFL, who, if anyone, goes out for him? Already struggling to fit Smith and Dunkley. We have tremendous depth. A good problem to have.

Post Thanks / Like

Mitch Wallis near his best makes the 22, simple.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogsthru&thru View Post
    When Mitch is ready for AFL, who, if anyone, goes out for him? Already struggling to fit Smith and Dunkley. We have tremendous depth. A good problem to have.
    I wonder if we need to make someone like Wally or Daniel flexible enough to play HBF and on ball. To get competition with someone like a Matty Boyd. Jong, Smith & Dunkley can play on ball and forward and are competing with each other. A group competing for the HBF and on ball should be the goal. Wally, Daniel, Webb would be great competition with Matty Boyd. I'm not sure Boyd can impact on ball potentially as much as the others, but competition for spots can do wonderful things.

15. Likes Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocco Jones View Post
    Mitch Wallis near his best makes the 22, simple.
    Who makes way?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    I wonder if we need to make someone like Wally or Daniel flexible enough to play HBF and on ball. To get competition with someone like a Matty Boyd. Jong, Smith & Dunkley can play on ball and forward and are competing with each other. A group competing for the HBF and on ball should be the goal. Wally, Daniel, Webb would be great competition with Matty Boyd. I'm not sure Boyd can impact on ball potentially as much as the others, but competition for spots can do wonderful things.
    Yeah I agree. It's one area we don't have clear replacements. Boyd and Murph play the role well. And if JJ leaves that leaves us shirt in this area. Does Mitch have the pace? Caleb the height? Webb is probably most ideal

Post Thanks / Like

Deleted
    Last edited by 1eyedog; 09-04-2017 at 02:11 PM. Reason: Saw a more appropriate thread
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.