Thanks Thanks:  6
Likes Likes:  29
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Match Committee - Round 2 2017 vs Sydney Swans

Clay or Dunks for Biggs. Thought Biggs looked vulnerable last night, especially in first 2 quarters with some horrible blind kicks/turnovers.

I know Suckling and Daniel also turned over a few too however they also had good passages.

Jong not great either however I think Bevo will give him another week.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SlimPickens View Post
    Out: Jong- really striggled
    In: Tom campbell- we need a full time Ruck. I want Boyd playing the forward/Ruck role.
    That's the way I see it but the challenge now is around how we can set-up the forward line if we are convinced both Cloke and Boyd being there will work.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

It's going to be very interesting at the selection table for the next few weeks at least. Collingwood went relatively tall last night, but still smashed us in the contest, and all too often spreading away from it. In turn we won the turnover battle, and had enough moments of gloriously efficient ball movement.

Can we win enough on the outside to cope with losing the contested ball? I think Bevo might keep trying, but without Wallis and a properly fit/conditioned Bontempelli, I want Smith or Dunkley in the side without dropping another mid.

I don't think Morris is going to be able to play next week, which isn't great, but for me makes selection a bit less complicated. I'd go for Smith or Dunkley in to replace him, and have JJ and Murph play more down back. I don't think Campbell is ready to play a full game, so wouldn't bring him in. If he comes in, I think he has to replace a tall.
    Although it broke our hearts it did not break our will

Post Thanks / Like

After just one round I don't see Bevo making changes that aren't necessary....unless one of our VFL players forces his hand by playing a blinder i.e. Campbell. So many players were down last night.

Reckon Morris might miss several games with what looks like a calf injury so only one change....Smith for Morris. Would be interesting if Adams plays well in the VFL as there might be the temptation to bring him in for Morris which would allow us to play Murph forward like last night.
    I thought I was wrong once but I was mistaken.

5. Thanks ratsmac thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Those with queries over Jong, does the 14 tackles he laid underline his work both ways? For that reason I see him as safe for another week.

7. Likes kruder liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Dale seen on crutches getting a scan this morning. Mildly obsessing over this so any news would be appreciated
    Float Along - Fill Your Lungs

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Go_Dogs View Post
    Those with queries over Jong, does the 14 tackles he laid underline his work both ways? For that reason I see him as safe for another week.
    11 disposals, not good enough for a midfielder.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    11 disposals, not good enough for a midfielder.
    Is his role to have 20+ touches each week though? There are other blokes I'd prefer getting the pill.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Pie Man View Post
    Dale seen on crutches getting a scan this morning. Mildly obsessing over this so any news would be appreciated
    Doc Larkins reckons he's out for up to 6 weeks

http://www.3aw.com.au/news/dale-morr...25-gv6dw8.html
    The fight is here; I need ammunition, not a ride.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dry Rot View Post
    Doc Larkins reckons he's out for up to 6 weeks

http://www.3aw.com.au/news/dale-morr...25-gv6dw8.html
    Doesn't sound good. As a side note, Collins was running half laps with his left leg heavily strapped this morning so it will be interesting if we go small against the Swans tall forwards
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Doesn't sound good. As a side note, Collins was running half laps with his left leg heavily strapped this morning so it will be interesting if we go small against the Swans tall forwards
    Adams is an option.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

In: Adams, Dunkley
    Out: Morris, Jong

Post Thanks / Like

In - Adams Smith
    Out -Jong Morris

Post Thanks / Like

If we go with Adams as a replacement for Morris, then he is going to have to clean up his disposal efficiency.

Although he got a lot of the ball in the VFL practice game against the Pies, he did turn it over more than you would want of a full backline player.

I'd go Dunkley/Smith or Webb if we believe we need better midfield grunt based on the same practice match.

Campbell also played a solid VFL game - still can't hold a mark however....

Out - Morris
    In - Adams/Williams
    Anyone can support a team that is winning, it takes no courage. But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you, that takes a lot of courage, so lets always be behind our boys and girls in red, white and blue.

Post Thanks / Like

I just don't think Adams is a good defender. Sure last year he bolted out of the gates but as the season progressed he got eaten up by forwards and was regularly out of position. I remember seeing him up forward at one stage there because of how poorly he was playing that game. We may not have a choice now and he has to come in and do the job, not comfortable with it but I wasn't comfortable when Hamling got a default selection either and look how that turned out.