Thanks Thanks:  10
Likes Likes:  78
Page 13 of 24 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: MRP thread 2017

Post Thanks / Like

Re: MRP thread 2017

Watched it again. During the game I thought it was in the middle of the square and too far away from the post to call it intentionally bumping him into the post. On replay he sent him directly towards it, and it was definitely a late bump after the ball was home and not a shepherd

If you kicked five goals and Tom Boyd kicked five goals, Tom Boyd kicked more goals than you.

Formerly gogriff

Post Thanks / Like

So JJ almost breaks his neck by getting shoved into the post at high speed, Tex gets a fine.
    JJ gets bumped pushed by multiple players all at once every week and it's all above board.
    Easton Wood gives an opponent a shove after copping one himself and gets sighted. Go and get *!*!*!*!ed
    They've done studies you know, 60% of the time, it works every time!
    Brian Fantana.

3. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

From an impeccable source, SEN reporting that Adelaide medicos put Easton in,
    Submitting that McGovern had severe rib bruising from the incident.

Bad blood between the Clubs?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Doc26 View Post

Well we know where we stand. Gloves are off next time.

Post Thanks / Like

What a disgrace. How childish can they be? Of course he has bruises, it footy for Pete's sake. If that was Joel Selwood, Danger or say Fyfe it wouldn'thave battered an eye.

I'd say we accepted the sanction purely to give Easton an unexpected break.
    They've done studies you know, 60% of the time, it works every time!
    Brian Fantana.

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe he shouldn't have hit him?
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

8. Likes Throughandthrough liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Maybe it's to do with Lever looking to come home and the crows can't afford to match our offer ?
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    Maybe it's to do with Lever looking to come home and the crows can't afford to match our offer ?
    That could be it

Post Thanks / Like

Talia gate and didn't Beveridge rubbish Don Pyke also?
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    Talia gate and didn't Beveridge rubbish Don Pyke also?
    McGovern instigates body contact with Easton, Easton responds with similar light force, McGovern goes down like Oliver's twin and Crows submit a damning medical report on Easton that will inevitably shut the book on him. Easton vulnerable to MRP because he's sitting on a two strike warning, they have little room to move due to Crows report.

A bit building there isn't there and now add JMac visiting Lever's folks in week of game. Going to be fun trying to trade with them if it comes down to it.

Like to know if we played hard ball on any trade possibilities with MTalia to Crows after Talia gate.

Post Thanks / Like

Western Bulldogs forward Jack Redpath is set to miss at least a week of football after being charged by the Match Review Panel with striking Gold Coast captain Tom Lynch, the AFL announced today.

Based on the available video evidence and a medical report from the Gold Coast Suns, the incident was assessed as intentional conduct with low impact to the head. The incident was classified as a two-match sanction but Redpath can accept a one-match ban with an early plea.

He has also been charged with a first offence for wrestling Lynch and can accept a $1000 fine with an early plea.

A first offence for wrestling is a $1500 sanction.
    Last edited by bornadog; 24-07-2017 at 03:45 PM.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

14. Likes bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

After Lynch initiated an unwarranted shove on Liam, Red quite rightly went in to protect his mate with some reasonable show of force on Lynch. Repeatedly freeze framing through this alleged offence of Red's I'm still to see much if anything in it; there's certainly no obvious footage I've seen of anything untoward.

To think Cotchin got off his cheap jumper punch earlier in the season, and still entitled to win the Brownlow, and now Red getting singled out by the MRP, coming in to bat for his mate, where two players are jostling with an equal show of strength is simply unjust.

Lynch being an AFL golden boy coupled with Red carrying some unfounded 'media' image as a hulking aggressor with minimal media profile was the super easy option for the AFL to lay a charge on him - now interested in apparent jumper punches.

Post Thanks / Like

After Lynch initiated an unwarranted shove on Liam, Red quite rightly went in to protect his mate with some reasonable show of force on Lynch. Repeatedly freeze framing through this alleged offence of Red's I'm still to see much if anything in it; there's certainly no obvious footage I've seen of anything untoward.

To think Cotchin got off his cheap jumper punch earlier in the season, and still entitled to win the Brownlow, and now Red getting singled out by the MRP, coming in to bat for his mate, where two players are jostling with an equal show of strength is simply unjust.

Lynch being an AFL golden boy coupled with Red carrying some unfounded 'media' image as a hulking aggressor with minimal media profile was the super easy option for the AFL to lay a charge on him - now interested in apparent jumper punches.
    Agree Doc. I still can't see any punch. I only see the back of Lynch's head. Two other points. Lynch put his hands on Red"s face first. Also it was deemed low impact. 2 weeks for a low impact blow that can't be confirmed 100% is ridiculous.

Post Thanks / Like

Sick of the club just lying down over these, including Wood's. Although, the AFL makes it hard to appeal these with the threat of another week if you lose.

Must appeal this bullshit. Two game suspension down to one, really. Toby Greene who came running in and smacked Rance in the jaw got two weeks. That should have been four considering he did the same to Caleb and got two.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

I think the Cotchin jumper punch was one that led the league to push the MRP to come down harder on jumper punches etc, so on one hand - it is reasonable that a player gets a week for Red's actions.

HOWEVER, I completely agree with you that Redpath ends up getting a week's suspension because he is a relatively no-name. I'd be interested to see what the penalty would have been if Bont was the one who dished out the jumper punch.