Thanks Thanks:  10
Likes Likes:  78
Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: MRP thread 2017

Post Thanks / Like

Re: MRP thread 2017

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Toby Greene cleared as his head butt was insufficient force. So you can now officially head butt, just not too hard.

Easton Wood can accept $1000 sanction, striking J Schache.
    Geez i hope Zaine or anyone-Adams maybe-pummell this piece of shit into the Canberra Turf!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Toby Greene cleared as his head butt was insufficient force. So you can now officially head butt, just not too hard.
    What I found more interesting with this verdict was that the umpire was only a metre from the incident, in close and perfect vision of it, and saw fit to report Greene for it straight away.

The MRP in their wisdom then makes the assessment, via a distorted video, that there was "insufficient force in the contact to constitute a report".

So a Greene light again for what is a terrible look for the game unless of course he just happens to break the opponents jaw the next time he goes leading in with the head given that the act itself is now mandated.

We can have 'umpire's call' for often crazy video reviews at goals and yet when it comes to respecting the call of the umpire for what he deemed at that moment to be an unsavoury act, by a known recidivist, is then sent up to chook lotto for that bunch to override the umpire claiming that it shouldn't constitute a report.

Save me.

Post Thanks / Like

Perfectly summed up Doc26.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

What an obnoxious little upstart this pr**
    Classy from Heath Shaw also

Post Thanks / Like

Does Heath Shaw just skate through because of his apology?
    I actually rate what he said as bad as racial abuse but that's just my personal view. At the very least I think he needs the maximum fine or better still a suspended sentence of a week's holiday hanging over his head.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

6. Likes AndrewP6 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I see it as an attack on the umpire and umpires generally. Unless they personally with draw their report then their eyewitness testimony should be heard by either the MRP &/or tribunal. It just further erodes public confidence in a job that is already hard enough. The AFL should be intervening on behalf of, and supporting their umpires.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

8. Likes Doc26 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

MRP 2017 Discussion Pt.2

I am not sure why the original thread was closed, it held some good discussion about the incidents that unfolded every week (and I can't see anything untoward). I am assuming it was a mistake?

Anyway, we look set to receive a boost with Nankervis likely (?) to see at least a week for putting his elbow through David Mackay. Hard to argue it wasn't anything aside intentional and he made contact to the head. It could be argued it was low impact.

Also, the little worm Greene finally getting some weeks will be like Christmas.

http://www.afl.com.au/video/2017-04-...-for-nankervis

Post Thanks / Like

Re: MRP 2017 Discussion Pt.2

Yep, the other thread must have been closed accidentally from what I can tell. I've reopened it and merged the threads together.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

11. Likes The Adelaide Connection, Topdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Adelaide Connection View Post
    I am not sure why the original thread was closed, it held some good discussion about the incidents that unfolded every week (and I can't see anything untoward). I am assuming it was a mistake?

Anyway, we look set to receive a boost with Nankervis likely (?) to see at least a week for putting his elbow through David Mackay. Hard to argue it wasn't anything aside intentional and he made contact to the head. It could be argued it was low impact.

Also, the little worm Greene finally getting some weeks will be like Christmas.

http://www.afl.com.au/video/2017-04-...-for-nankervis
    I only saw the Nankervis incident on my iphone - so may not have appreciated it fully. I watched it hoping for something that was a blatant suspension given we play them this week. But with Mackay being behind Nankervis, there is a bit of grey in it, so will be a real wait and see.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ozza View Post
    I only saw the Nankervis incident on my iphone - so may not have appreciated it fully. I watched it hoping for something that was a blatant suspension given we play them this week. But with Mackay being behind Nankervis, there is a bit of grey in it, so will be a real wait and see.
    Just watched it and surely he must go for that. A very bad look.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

I just watched it and what's the bet he gets Reckless, high contact $1000 fine.
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hotdog60 View Post
    I just watched it and what's the bet he gets Reckless, high contact $1000 fine.
    Is that with low impact or medium impact?
    For those who were always the underdogs and wore it as a badge of honour.

Post Thanks / Like

What's the over/under on Greene? I'm setting the line at 2.5 weeks.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    No case. Accidental impact whilst trying to spoil.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

18. Likes Topdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    I think it is a 2 week offence. No idea what his points/record status is, but I'm assuming it would be poor and that he won't be able to discount it.

He's got such a punchable head Toby Greene. A real shame that he is such a terrific footballer!