Thanks Thanks:  10
Likes Likes:  78
Page 14 of 24 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: MRP thread 2017

Post Thanks / Like

Re: MRP thread 2017

Tough Dog facing VFL ban for high hit

WESTERN Bulldogs forward Clay Smith has been offered a one-match suspension in the VFL, continuing a frustrating run for the premiership hero.
    Smith landed a high bump on Coburg's Ben Allan in Saturday's clash at Whitten Oval, with his opponent helped off the ground by trainers and ruled out for the rest of the match with concussion.

The incident was graded as careless conduct with medium impact to the head by the VFL Match Review Panel, with Smith able to accept a one-match sanction with an early guilty plea.

Smith has only played one game at AFL level since round nine, suffering a three-week calf injury and struggling with form when recalled against Adelaide in round 16.

The 24-year-old was one of the heroes of the Bulldogs' 2016 premiership campaign, returning from a knee injury to play every game after round 15 and booting four goals in the preliminary final against Greater Western Sydney.

Smith, who has fought his way back from three knee reconstructions, signed a one-year contract extension in May.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ozza View Post
    I think the Cotchin jumper punch was one that led the league to push the MRP to come down harder on jumper punches etc, so on one hand - it is reasonable that a player gets a week for Red's actions.

HOWEVER, I completely agree with you that Redpath ends up getting a week's suspension because he is a relatively no-name. I'd be interested to see what the penalty would have been if Bont was the one who dished out the jumper punch.
    Or moreso if it was Lynch who was perceived to have landed one.

And I still fail to see what Red's action actually was - it's about as conclusive as the supposed shooter from the grassy knoll

Video Link of Alleged Incident

OR

milliseconds prior to Red being scapegoated (Could well have been Lynch being charged based on his own swipe here - hey at least it's more conclusive)

Last edited by Doc26; 24-07-2017 at 06:23 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

The afl mrp hate us, and feeds into conspiracy theory they are doing everything they can so we won't win another premiership. Slightest technicality the full book. The incident was innocuous and seriously what was redpath suppose to do just walk away while someone has full throttle over your jumper? How can jack ziebell smash into Cloke and he gets a month injury and Redpath gets a week. My disgust grows for the mrp grows every week and it's no surprise they deliver such hubris.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by macca View Post
    The afl mrp hate us, and feeds into conspiracy theory they are doing everything they can do we won't win another premiership. Slightest technicality the full book. The incident was innocuous and seriously what was redpath suppose to do just walk away while someone has full throttle over your jumper? How can jack ziebell smash into Cloke and he gets a month injury and Redpath gets a week. My disgust grows for the mrp grows every week and it's no surprise they deliver such hubris.
    And only the week prior the MRP finds in its wisdom to forego a suspension on Dustin Martin's strike/eye gouge to Nick Robertson's face on the grounds that:

While Martin wanted to make contact with his left arm, the action wasn't a typical striking motion and therefore deemed the contact to be careless.
    So in the week prior you have said player (and Brownlow fancy) Martin intentionally come up from behind (i.e wanted to make contact with his left arm - and did) to an unsuspecting Robertson and gouge at his face that clearly causes a fair amount of discomfort for Robertson to be deemed as 'careless' and free to play on AND yet the week following you have two players jostling toe to toe in a show of strength and Red gets picked out for an apparent 'Intentional' jumper strike with no clear supporting vision and is now sidelined.

This is Chook Lotto at its finest.

5. Likes Bulldog4life liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Doc26 View Post
    And only the week prior the MRP finds in its wisdom to forego a suspension on Dustin Martin's strike/eye gouge to Nick Robertson's face on the grounds that:

So in the week prior you have said player (and Brownlow fancy) Martin intentionally come up from behind (i.e wanted to make contact with his left arm - and did) to an unsuspecting Robertson and gouge at his face that clearly causes a fair amount of discomfort for Robertson to be deemed as 'careless' and free to play on AND yet the week following you have two players jostling toe to toe in a show of strength and Red gets picked out for an apparent 'Intentional' jumper strike with no clear supporting vision and is now sidelined.

This is Chook Lotto at its finest.
    Here is another eye gouge, but because it is Selwood, his mate Bartel lets it go.

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Round 19

Patrick Dangerfield can accept a one-game ban for rough conduct on Matthew Kreuzer.

Goodbye Brownlow

Hodge out for one week.

8. Likes bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Round 19

Patrick Dangerfield can accept a one-game ban for rough conduct on Matthew Kreuzer.

Goodbye Brownlow

Hodge out for one week.
    Not really good news for us - would be best if Geelong beat Sydney this week.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Round 19

Goodbye Brownlow
    Anyone have an eyeball on Ian Collins?
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

11. Likes strebla liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    Not really good news for us - would be best if Geelong beat Sydney this week.
    Yeah, but it's offset by seeing Mr Media Street lose his Brownlow opportunity - where's your bullshit dress-up skit with the media this week Danger?

Will also be fun to see that dickhead exasperated expression on the face of Chris Scott tonight on AFL360.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    Yeah, but it's offset by seeing Mr Media Street lose his Brownlow opportunity - where's your bullshit dress-up skit with the media this week Danger?

Will also be fun to see that dickhead exasperated expression on the face of Chris Scott tonight on AFL360.
    Will be interesting to see whether he challenges the decision. Probably too risky given they have Richmond the week after - but he was fairly adamant on Gameday that there was nothing wrong with the tackle on his part.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post

Agree 100% on the Chris Scott part but I like Danger. No massive ego and doesn't seem like a knobjockey

15. Likes hujsh liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I feel for him if he does miss but I'm glad they suspended him. What kind of message does it send if he gets off when others have been rubbed out for less. Great to see no double standards. A rare good call from the AFL headquarters.

17. Likes Topdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by G-Mo77 View Post
    I feel for him if he does miss but I'm glad they suspended him. What kind of message does it send if he gets off when others have been rubbed out for less. Great to see no double standards. A rare good call from the AFL headquarters.
    It's going to be awkward come Brownlow Night when Paddy, leading the count, has to come up on stage to hand the Medal over to the bloke who two weeks prior blatantly (intentionally) comes up from behind Nick Robertson, eye gouges him and doesn't get sighted. Hardly makes Dusty the 'Fairest' player in the league.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Doc26 View Post
    It's going to be awkward come Brownlow Night when Paddy, leading the count, has to come up on stage to hand the Medal over to the bloke who two weeks prior blatantly (intentionally) comes up from behind Nick Robertson, eye gouges him and doesn't get sighted. Hardly makes Dusty the 'Fairest' player in the league.
    Gee there are some morons in the AFL.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Topdog View Post
    Agree 100% on the Chris Scott part but I like Danger. No massive ego and doesn't seem like a knobjockey
    Great player, very healthy ego.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"