Thanks Thanks:  10
Likes Likes:  78
Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: MRP thread 2017

Post Thanks / Like

Re: MRP thread 2017

Quote Originally Posted by Doc26 View Post
    No he gets a week week discount for an early plea.

Statement from the MRP:
    The discount he misses out on is the one you'd usually get for an existing good record. He's actually had extra tacked on for having an extra bad record.

Effectively the early guilty plea cancels out his bad record and the usual prescribed sanction stands as is.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by westdog54 View Post
    The discount he misses out on is the one you'd usually get for an existing good record. He's actually had extra tacked on for having an extra bad record.

Effectively the early guilty plea cancels out his bad record and the usual prescribed sanction stands as is.
    The AFL removed any reduced base sanction for a good record some time back i.e there is no longer any such thing as a discount for an existing good record at the MRP stage of proceedings.

Lewis's charge is a 3 match base sanction for anyone, down to 2 with an early plea for anyone, but plus 1 for him because he's been a thug in the past 2 years.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogsthru&thru View Post
    absolute rubbish. The MRP is a joke at the moment. Been saying it for years - penalties should not be based on injury sustained to the victim. It's about intent.
    If you go through the process it's reckless, medium impact to the body and not the head and it knocked the wind out of him for a few seconds.
    I think a fine is OK.

Compared to Dahlhaus who got picked off with the ball nowhere near him I think they got it close to right.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Wasn't really fussed about the Cloke one after seeing it a few times. He was in the air and chose to bump but didn't get the head. A 50m penalty and a fine was sufficient.

Thompson should have had 3-4 weeks thrown at him. Lucky he didn't break a jaw or eye socket, but then again it wasn't the only target he missed during the game.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

5. Likes Twodogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thompson deserved 4 weeks. That was a shit act. I hate that incidental contact to the head when attempting to execute a skill of the game generates more severe penalties than these type of thing.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Re: MRP thread 2017

Quote Originally Posted by Doc26 View Post
    The AFL removed any reduced base sanction for a good record some time back i.e there is no longer any such thing as a discount for an existing good record at the MRP stage of proceedings.

Lewis's charge is a 3 match base sanction for anyone, down to 2 with an early plea for anyone, but plus 1 for him because he's been a thug in the past 2 years.
    So Melbourne pay a price for stuff he did as a Hawthorn player? Maybe even against Melbourne players.

Haha.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

8. Likes boydogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Ziebell cleared.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eastdog View Post
    Ziebell cleared.
    Bring on the free for all. If you can hit open blokes and smash their ribs consequence free, then I have many names to give Smith & Cordy. Like the 'tummy punches' last year, if you don't do anything, don't over react AFEL when it's happening all the time and parents take their kids to soccer clubs instead of footy clubs.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Bring on the free for all. If you can hit open blokes and smash their ribs consequence free, then I have many names to give Smith & Cordy. Like the 'tummy punches' last year, if you don't do anything, don't over react AFEL when it's happening all the time and parents take their kids to soccer clubs instead of footy clubs.
    I'm torn. Feel like it was a fair bump on all criteria except that he got him after he'd disposed of the ball. What is the correct punishment? At first I felt a free kick down field, maybe a 50m penalty would do the trick and I want to hold that position. However, I can recall when they introduced "charging" as a suspension and the threshold for suspension for what otherwise would've been a fair bump came right down. You can't just pick blokes off after they've disposed of it, you can't just charge into blokes without any intent to win the ball. He had a case to answer, at least. Surely.

12. Likes bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

To me it was a free kick downfield or a 50m penalty. Neither of which were paid by the attending umpire. It was late that's all. It wasn't high and he copped Cloke square. It's unfortunate that it will cost us a player for six weeks but I would hate to see the hardness come out of our game.
    WOOF Member 422

14. Likes SlimPickens, divvydan liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Scraggers View Post
    To me it was a free kick downfield or a 50m penalty. Neither of which were paid by the attending umpire. It was late that's all. It wasn't high and he copped Cloke square. It's unfortunate that it will cost us a player for six weeks but I would hate to see the hardness come out of our game.
    That is not hardness, that is gutless. Hitting a bloke when he is defenceless is pure gutless coward stuff.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Scraggers View Post

I didn't see it as hardness. More as picking a bloke off after he'd gotten rid of the ball. Hardness is two players going for the ball and not taking their eyes off it.

Ziebell didn't look at the ball but had his eyes on Cloke all the time. I thought if you elect to make contact and you cause an injury then you get weeks?
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

It was late in that Cloke had disposed of the ball, but he had to rush the kick to do it. The only way you could suspend Ziebell for that is on the basis that Cloke was hurt by it
    If you kicked five goals and Tom Boyd kicked five goals, Tom Boyd kicked more goals than you.

Formerly gogriff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SonofScray View Post
    I'm torn. Feel like it was a fair bump on all criteria except that he got him after he'd disposed of the ball. What is the correct punishment? At first I felt a free kick down field, maybe a 50m penalty would do the trick and I want to hold that position. However, I can recall when they introduced "charging" as a suspension and the threshold for suspension for what otherwise would've been a fair bump came right down. You can't just pick blokes off after they've disposed of it, you can't just charge into blokes without any intent to win the ball. He had a case to answer, at least. Surely.
    Yep, it was right on the borderline of being in play or late. Could easily mount a case either way.

Much as I dislike Norf and feel sorry for Clokey, it's not an appalling decision. What was appalling was Ziebell's footy IQ. Fancy trying to bump instead of smother in that situation - what a dopey prick, and he's their captain FFS.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

Post Thanks / Like

I am also torn on the Ziebell bump. I thought it was a good bump. However, I thought if he elects to bump rather than tackle (with intent to hurt the other player), well he must cop the consequences if the player is injured. Well apparently not.

The chook lotto 2017 edition. Ziebell wins the get out of jail free card.

Gibson done a similar bump on Ruggles today, I wonder what prize he'll spin.
    They've done studies you know, 60% of the time, it works every time!
    Brian Fantana.