Thanks Thanks:  10
Likes Likes:  78
Page 6 of 24 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: MRP thread 2017

Post Thanks / Like

Re: MRP thread 2017

I though the initial Mumford tackle was made to look worse by the way Libba reacted to the tackle through flinging himself prior to the downward force being applied.

Mumford being the wanker he was realised he'd hit him hard, and did what he could to make an impact with his second crushing motion. If every big bloke took advantage of little blokes like that through the game then it would be a right shit of a sport for most.

It's just another piece of evidence to suggest GWS are the competition's wankers.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

2. Likes bulldogtragic, bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Greene should have got 4 weeks minimum for that thuggish and cowardly punch. Coming up from behind someone who was defenceless was as deliberate as anything I've seen. Thats what is called a coward punch in the street these days.

I can't believe idiots like Mark Fine and Kane Cornes are defending the flog.
    Listening to Brahm's 3rd Racket

Post Thanks / Like

Not impressed by Toby Greenes actions either, but Mumford was fine.

Much like the Ziebell bump, it was rougher than normal but is only looked at because there was an injury (fair enough) and neither were unfairly malicious. Footy has always wanted it's bumps and tackles to hurt and while the acceptable severity of that has been toned down a lot in the last decade neither of these particular actions were off the ball and the injuries sustained were bad luck.
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

Post Thanks / Like

Toby Greene hit Caleb with a one-two, like a good boxer. He hit him in the back of his head with his right, immediately followed by a left to the face. This indicates premeditation and reminds me of thugs I used to play with and against, one of whom said before game that he wanted "to get' his opponent from the last time. A thug.
    Mumford should have been rubbed out regardless of which criterion. In terms of impact he concussed Libba. In terms of intent, he (and the umpires) must factor in that he is huge and his bulk and subsequent awkwardness means there are certain things he cannot do which most other players can do, such as tackle players to the ground with his full weight coming down on them. All giants of all clubs have a duty of care in this regard, so therefore do the judiciary in factoring in the big guys' bulk as responsible for injuries. Their immense weight as a factor in injuries and transgressions is a given so must be considered in protecting the player going for the ball. Mumford should not be allowed for example to sit down on anyone. Crivvens he could cripple someone.
    Footscray Football Republic.

6. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by soupaman View Post
    Not impressed by Toby Greenes actions either, but Mumford was fine.

Much like the Ziebell bump, it was rougher than normal but is only looked at because there was an injury (fair enough) and neither were unfairly malicious. Footy has always wanted it's bumps and tackles to hurt and while the acceptable severity of that has been toned down a lot in the last decade neither of these particular actions were off the ball and the injuries sustained were bad luck.
    Mumford sets out to hurt people. He tackles and drives people into the ground to cause harm. Yeah it's a contact sport but there is a point where you say that it's really unsportmanlike. The umpire at the time thought it was malicious enough to get a free kick, I thought he should have got a week personally.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by G-Mo77 View Post
    Mumford sets out to hurt people. He tackles and drives people into the ground to cause harm. Yeah it's a contact sport but there is a point where you say that it's really unsportmanlike. The umpire at the time thought it was malicious enough to get a free kick, I thought he should have got a week personally.
    Only if they're a foot shorter then him and 30 or 40 kilo's lighter.
    Mumford=Weak as Piss!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Will be interesting to see how the MRP interpret Zak Jones punch to the chest on Breust this afternoon. Lethlean promised tougher action going into last week's round and now they have a case in front of them to make a statement.

Fortunately we might be the beneficiary IF he's given a week. Other than Franklin I thought Jones was their next best so will be a very handy out for us if it goes our way.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Doc26 View Post
    Will be interesting to see how the MRP interpret Zak Jones punch to the chest on Breust this afternoon. Lethlean promised tougher action going into last week's round and now they have a case in front of them to make a statement.

Fortunately we might be the beneficiary IF he's given a week. Other than Franklin I thought Jones was their next best so will be a very handy out for us if it goes our way.
    Did anyone see the punch to the guts The Bont received? This happened in front of us around aisle 31.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Did anyone see the punch to the guts The Bont received? This happened in front of us around aisle 31.
    Was it from Longer? In the last qtr? There was something going on there with those two

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogsthru&thru View Post
    Was it from Longer? In the last qtr? There was something going on there with those two
    Honestly can't remember which quarter or which player.

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Unfortunately looks like only a $1,500 fine for Zak Jones.

MRP thumbs its nose at the AFL again

Post Thanks / Like

yep they are weak as water.

here is the one I saw - same result:

Jack Steven, St Kilda, has been charged with striking Marcus Bontempelli, Western Bulldogs, during the fourth quarter of the Round 10 match between St Kilda and the Western Bulldogs, played at Etihad Stadium on Saturday May 27, 2017.In summary, he can accept a $1000 sanction with an early plea.
    Based on the available video evidence and a medical report from the Western Bulldogs Football Club, the incident was assessed as intentional conduct with low impact to the body. The incident was classified as a $1500 sanction. The player has no applicable record which impacts the penalty. An early plea enables the player to accept a $1000 sanction.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    yep they are weak as water.

here is the one I saw - same result:
    I didn't see that one. But Longer did the same to one of our players in the last quarter. Can't remember if it was Bont. MRP obviously didn't see it. It was pretty minimal though to be fair

Post Thanks / Like

Not really, I'm not sure what the MRP can really do as their hands are tied by the guidelines.

They assessed it as intentional low impact contact to the body. They could hardly assess it as medium impact.

The AFL needs to change the rules if they want these punching incidents to attract suspensions.

Post Thanks / Like

We need to send Barry Hall in to see the MRP, give each of them one of his best to the guts and see if they still think it should be graded as "low impact".
    Footscray member since 1980.

18. Likes bornadog liked this post