Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  14
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: AFL Round 2 2017 Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Hard to tell if the Tigers are going to be any good this year. They certainly have their confidence up, but one thing, games in the first 6 rounds are played very differently to games for the rest of the year. Every year the first few rounds start off free flowing and high scoring, (Tigers love that) but when the pressure is put on, we will see if the Tigers are any good.
    They haven't answered too many questions but if we were satisfied enough to grab a hard fought win over the Pies last week I could see why Richmond would be happy with last nights result.

Still there is plenty of time for their supporters to cut up their membership cards and send them to Benny Gale after a couple of losses.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    They haven't answered too many questions but if we were satisfied enough to grab a hard fought win over the Pies last week I could see why Richmond would be happy with last nights result.

Still there is plenty of time for their supporters to cut up their membership cards and send them to Benny Gale after a couple of losses.
    Got a text from a mate this morning gloating they are on top of the ladder. I said enjoy it while you can.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Got a text from a mate this morning gloating they are on top of the ladder. I said enjoy it while you can.
    I don't mind Richmond and it would be a great thing for AFL attendances if they had a strong year but I'm more focused on our own performances and attendances.

I think we have them in round 7.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    I don't mind Richmond and it would be a great thing for AFL attendances if they had a strong year but I'm more focused on our own performances and attendances.

I think we have them in round 7.
    On last nights performance I'd be disappointed if we didn't beat by 10 goals in round 7. They played in bursts last night and a lot of the time when the game had a bit of tang to it some of their players didn't want to know.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    On last nights performance I'd be disappointed if we didn't beat by 10 goals in round 7. They played in bursts last night and a lot of the time when the game had a bit of tang to it some of their players didn't want to know.
    10 goals is a bit much but yes I don't expect too much from Richmond this year. Doubt they will be gunning for the top 8.

Important to remember that teams like Collingwood and Richmond are about 4-6 weeks ahead of us in preparation (pre season training)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Topdog View Post
    10 goals is a bit much but yes I don't expect too much from Richmond this year. Doubt they will be gunning for the top 8.

Important to remember that teams like Collingwood and Richmond are about 4-6 weeks ahead of us in preparation (pre season training)
    I'm not sure what the expiry is on that but how long into the season can we use that reasoning for?

We played a month more than both of those sides last year so over a 2 year period we've probably all done the same amount of work

Post Thanks / Like

Our round 7 game comes in a tough stretch for us so it will be interesting to see how we approach that game.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    Our round 7 game comes in a tough stretch for us so it will be interesting to see how we approach that game.

The bonus is we should be getting Dale Morris back round that stretch sometime.

Post Thanks / Like

Collingwood are horrible, Richmond are too actually. There's top line talent making 80% of the plays but it felt like the game was won by second / third tier players (Houli, Griggs, even Ellis did a few things) and Richmond's were simply better. Aish looked like a bad VFL player last night.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Richmond always win the April Flag. I love when they start well, it makes their eventual demise even better to watch.

Post Thanks / Like

Richmond have a habit of dragging decent teams down to their level. It must be so frustrating to support them.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rooner View Post
    Richmond always win the April Flag. I love when they start well, it makes their eventual demise even better to watch.
    except for last year where they were 1 from 7. But yes agree it is good to see them get their hopes and then plummet into the abyss. Even better still is seeing Collingwood struggle to win early on in the season. Poor Ed and Nath must be starting to feel some pressure.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rooner View Post
    This.
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

They played in bursts last night
    They're good at locking the game down when they need to, and scoring quickly when they need to

Won't make top 4 but they're better than St Kilda and Melbourne IMO as top 8 chances
    If you kicked five goals and Tom Boyd kicked five goals, Tom Boyd kicked more goals than you.

Formerly gogriff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by boydogs View Post
    They're good at locking the game down when they need to, and scoring quickly when they need to

Won't make top 4 but they're better than St Kilda and Melbourne IMO as top 8 chances

Fair point. Agree that they are a better chance than St K and Melbourne to make the eight.