Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  10
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Umpire hits back

2. Likes 1eyedog, choconmientay liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Umpire hits back

Good read. Interesting about the spin class training, fascinating training.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Go_Dogs View Post
    Great article. Bannister has a fairly unique perspective too having both played and umpired at an AFL level.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

5. Likes Topdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    Great article. Bannister has a fairly unique perspective too having both played and umpired at an AFL level.
    Great to see Jordan make a strong stance on this. Has done a great job with the article to articulate the perspective of the umpires and the innaccurate perceptions that are out there particularly via the media. I thought of all the press over the weekend - Cameron Ling on 7, and then Brayshaw, Barrett and Carey on Triple M - all were pretty irresponsible with their commentary after the game/the next day.

Post Thanks / Like

Apparently that Eddie try hard Brayshaw was talking of "alarm bells" with our boys winning 22 out of 26 free kick counts .
    So what's he implying ? The umpires are corrupt? My goodness the hysteria is just epic

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Remi Moses View Post
    Apparently that Eddie try hard Brayshaw was talking of "alarm bells" with our boys winning 22 out of 26 free kick counts .
    So what's he implying ? The umpires are corrupt? My goodness the hysteria is just epic
    It was a very disappointing segment. JB was the strongest on suggesting that the dogs are getting favourable treatment.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ozza View Post
    It was a very disappointing segment. JB was the strongest on suggesting that the dogs are getting favourable treatment.
    Thats a club president saying that

Post Thanks / Like

I only heard a little bit in the car on Saturday, though the snippets I heard were disappointing to say the least.

Brayshaw made reference to the 'conspiracy theorists' re: Dogs free kicks and that based on stats that it was 'hard to argue with them'

Even without the responsibility of being a club president, he really should pull his head in.
    Float Along - Fill Your Lungs

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Topdog View Post
    Thats a club president saying that
    Former club chairman.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Pie Man View Post
    I only heard a little bit in the car on Saturday, though the snippets I heard were disappointing to say the least.

Brayshaw made reference to the 'conspiracy theorists' re: Dogs free kicks and that based on stats that it was 'hard to argue with them'

Even without the responsibility of being a club president, he really should pull his head in.
    If he can't find a reason to argue with someone he thinks is a conspiracy theorist-in essence he is saying that he can't think of a reason they are wrong-then I think that says a lot more about him than anyone else.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Brayshaw is a grub

Post Thanks / Like

I saw a stat the other day that in the season so far, we are in equal 2nd place for free kicks this year - tied with Sydney. So the lopsided count last week only evened things up.
    [B][COLOR="#0000CD"]Our club was born in blood and boots, not in AFL focus groups.[/COLOR][/B]

Post Thanks / Like

Pretty sure JB is a moderator over on the BF North board

Has no footy media type ever heard of Occam's Razor? What's more likely:A) the reigning premiers are coached to be skilled and tough, particularly in tackling scenarios or B) the entire umpiring contingent and by extension, the AFL itself, are conspiring to ensure the Bulldogs get preferential treatment.

It's insane the air time this is getting. It will either lead to the umpires getting gun shy and they'll stop paying obvious frees to us for fear of criticism, or they'll appreciate Beveridge's defence of them and will continue to reward us for our ability to earn free kicks.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewP6 View Post
    I saw a stat the other day that in the season so far, we are in equal 2nd place for free kicks this year - tied with Sydney. So the lopsided count last week only evened things up.
    and Sydney last week gave us 7 frees for out on the full.

Post Thanks / Like

Former club chairman.
    Former Sunday Footy Show host.
    Former Thursday Footy Show host.
    Former Ch 9 cricket commentator.
    Former Ch9 high paid employee.
    Former Ch9 minor celebrity.

Current waste of space.
    Current and ongoing football irrelevancy.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

18. Likes Remi Moses, KT31, boydogs liked this post