Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 48
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Dogsville
    Posts
    8,157
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Next Few Weeks

    75 to 85 lots of pain for a kid. I saw Doug Hawkins cry at KP after a lose in the early 80s and got king hit in the dunnies during a win in the 90s for no reason other than to bear my colours. Prick of a place.

    Must break the curse.
    Bontempelli runs in, lines em' up and kicks a goal...Listen to this. Listen to the fans. This is why we come to the football. Neither side gives or takes and inch and the Bulldogs are back in front. Woof Woof.

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Wherever the dogs are playing
    Posts
    30,578
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Next Few Weeks

    Our draw has been in and out of Melbourne

    Round 5: Etihad
    Round 6: ACT
    Round 7: Etihad
    Round 8: Perth
    Round 9: Geelong
    Round10: Etihad
    Round 11: Sydney
    Round 12: Etihad
    Premierships: SENIORS - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, 2014, 2016 (10 total) AFL 1954, 2016. RESERVES - 1938, 1945, 1962, 1988, 1994, 1998 (6 total) UNDER 19S - 1954 (1 total) Other Premierships - Championship of Victoria 1924 (1 total); VFL Night Series 1963-64, 1967, 1970 (4 total) Preseason Cup, 2010 (total 1)

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    10,059
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Next Few Weeks

    Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Our draw has been in and out of Melbourne

    Round 5: Etihad
    Round 6: ACT
    Round 7: Etihad
    Round 8: Perth
    Round 9: Geelong
    Round10: Etihad
    Round 11: Sydney
    Round 12: Etihad
    Need to get an away win soon that will be good for the confidence. Winning down at Kardina would be great. Nearly did it against the Plastics and Eagles. 5 wins at Etihad and the G in Round 1
    Western Bulldogs 2016 AFL Premiers
    Cede Nullis (Yield To None)

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Newbridge, NSW
    Posts
    3,106
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Next Few Weeks

    Quote Originally Posted by Eastdog View Post
    Need to get an away win soon that will be good for the confidence. Winning down at Kardina would be great. Nearly did it against the Plastics and Eagles. 5 wins at Etihad and the G in Round 1
    Yep, our Melbourne form is 5-0 this year, outside of Melbourne it's 0-3. A better away record will be crucial if we are going to finish up near the top.

  5. Likes Eastdog liked this post
  6. #35
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    18,231
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Next Few Weeks

    One week to the bye. St Kilda, above us on the ladder. We will be outside the top 8 by next week.

    Crazy how big this game will be now.
    At home drawing pictures of mountain tops. With him on top, lemon yellow sun, arms raised in a V. Dead lay in pools of maroon below. Daddy didn't give attention to the fact that mommy didn't care. King Jeremy the wicked ruled his world.

  7. #36
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    18,231
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Next Few Weeks

    Looking ahead, if we drop some games in the latter half of the season say Sydney, Adelaide, Port Adelaide and that we always lose after Cairns. That has us fighting for 8th according to a calculator/live ladder.

    Need to start winning, or start researching top 10 phantom drafts.
    At home drawing pictures of mountain tops. With him on top, lemon yellow sun, arms raised in a V. Dead lay in pools of maroon below. Daddy didn't give attention to the fact that mommy didn't care. King Jeremy the wicked ruled his world.

  8. #37
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    6,079
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Next Few Weeks

    We're up against it, this isn't the 2016 side.

  9. #38
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    E.J. Whitten Stand
    Posts
    8,353
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Next Few Weeks

    5th is just as good as top 4, IMO. That's probably the goal from here on in.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

  10. #39
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    12,401
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Next Few Weeks

    The consistency is just not there .
    Reckon Bevo got it wrong with team selections as well . We needed one more defender to cover Taylor .
    He's barely had a kick forward

  11. #40
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Tassie (but wishes i was onstage with KISS) !!!
    Posts
    1,252
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Next Few Weeks

    If we make the 8 it will be 8th....we haven't been playing well all year. This is not the same team. We haven't played a 4 qtr game this season. We won't make the 8 in 2017....in my 5 game predictor I had us for the following based on early season form...
    GWS - loss
    Rich - win
    WC - loss
    Geel - loss
    Saints- loss.
    I will never see #16 the same!!

  12. #41
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Stuck in the middle with you
    Posts
    7,409
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Next Few Weeks

    Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post
    We're up against it, this isn't the 2016 side.
    I reckon our final series flattered our 2016. We limped into the finals, played out of our skins once there.
    "Happy days, Richo...happy bloody days!!!"

  13. #42
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Wheelers Hill
    Posts
    3,777
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Next Few Weeks

    I reckon our 2016 home and away season gave a false impression. Our finals performance was more indicative of our ability once we had a full team to select from.

    We have a seriously good team who haven't managed to put it together so far this season for various reasons. I still have confidence we will do so but it seems others on this board have lost faith.
    I thought I was wrong once but I was mistaken.

    #introypannellwetrust

  14. #43
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    10,498
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Next Few Weeks

    Quote Originally Posted by always right View Post
    I reckon our 2016 home and away season gave a false impression. Our finals performance was more indicative of our ability once we had a full team to select from.

    We have a seriously good team who haven't managed to put it together so far this season for various reasons. I still have confidence we will do so but it seems others on this board have lost faith.
    We haven't had anywhere near our best team on the park this year, and we have 3-5 playing considerably worse than 2016. The fact we have had just 3 of our first 9 games as 'home' games hasn't helped either.

    We aren't far away at all, just need a good run with injuries and our players to perform to their capabilities across an entire game and we will be challenging at the right time.

  15. Likes always right liked this post
  16. #44
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    7,782
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Next Few Weeks

    Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    We haven't had anywhere near our best team on the park this year, and we have 3-5 playing considerably worse than 2016. The fact we have had just 3 of our first 9 games as 'home' games hasn't helped either.

    We aren't far away at all, just need a good run with injuries and our players to perform to their capabilities across an entire game and we will be challenging at the right time.
    Agreed. Two weeks is a long time in football, particularly with the evenness of the competition this year.
    #bemorebulldog

    Men of Mayhem

  17. #45
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Rosebud
    Posts
    5,061
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Next Few Weeks

    Interesting quote I read on twitter by Mick Le Grand.....Amazing fixturing has seen the Western Bulldogs play just 3 home games out of our last 15 games. Must be due for a home run.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •