Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  24
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Next Few Weeks

No forwards do not help this week.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    No forwards do not help this week.
    Yeah our luck on the injury front has not changed. Very frustrating and will need to just keep going and don't last year we won the premiership with injuries over the year. Tom Boyd to play forward I would say. Who would ruck? Could Tommy Campbell come in.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Time for that switch, whatever it is to be flicked. We could be 8th at the end of the round. Hitting Geelong at Geelong and St Kilda are huge now. If we don't turn this thing around now, we could head into the bye out of the top 8 and too far back for top 4 at year's end. Arguably now the two biggest games of the year coming up.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Time for that switch, whatever it is to be flicked. We could be 8th at the end of the round. Hitting Geelong at Geelong and St Kilda are huge now. If we don't turn this thing around now, we could head into the bye out of the top 8 and too far back for top 4 at year's end. Arguably now the two biggest games of the year coming up.
    Yep 2 huge games coming up both winnable to set us up well going into the 2nd half of the season.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    As both you and Easty have said the next 2 weeks are huge for us.

We are playing inconsistent footy bordering on excellent but also too many very frustrating periods of the game.
    I often find it hard to watch.

Win these two games and we are in a very strong position, lose them both and we are in a battle with many other sides. If we split the results then I suppose the jury is still out.

I'm not quite sure why we haven't put it together yet but it's so important for us to start getting back to playing the sort of football we are capable of. I'm quietly confident we can.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

6. Likes Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

"I'll give him a hug before the first bounce and then I'll run into my pack and give them orders to rip him apart."

Post Thanks / Like

Go to the break 7 and 3 and we've done well

9. Likes Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

We'll beat both Geelong and Saints so we'll be right.

Full strength we would have beaten the Eagles too.
    The curse is dead.

11. Likes 1eyedog, Bulldog4life, Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Remi Moses View Post
    Go to the break 7 and 3 and we've done well
    That would be very good.

Who is available to come in next week?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post
    We'll beat both Geelong and Saints so we'll be right.

Full strength we would have beaten the Eagles too.
    Yes had we had a few more players in yep I think we would have won but considering our injuries again this year I look at 5-3 as not a disaster as our fight in games been top notch.

Post Thanks / Like

Call me old school but pending Cats' result worries me. They'll be looking to atone. And ALWAYS give us grief.

We need soldiers back, and soon.
    BORDERLINE FLYING

Post Thanks / Like

Geelong in Geelong has not been pleasant for the Footscray/Western Bulldogs ever. So I don't have a great deal of confidence going into this one.

Saints at .....well anywhere. They have always troubled us. Nick friggin Riewoldt grows another leg when he plays against us. Our best beats their best so we need to be at our best.
    They've done studies you know, 60% of the time, it works every time!
    Brian Fantana.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ratsmac View Post
    Geelong in Geelong has not been pleasant for the Footscray/Western Bulldogs ever. So I don't have a great deal of confidence going into this one.

Saints at .....well anywhere. They have always troubled us. Nick friggin Riewoldt grows another leg when he plays against us. Our best beats their best so we need to be at our best.
    I don't want to press thanks or like, but you're dead right. Studying our recent history doesn't fill me strong confidence that it will just happen. We need to lift considerably to win these two.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

If anyone is looking for a ticket for Friday nights game, there are some restricted view seats available in the new Brownlow Stand for $40.
    For those who were always the underdogs and wore it as a badge of honour.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ratsmac View Post

I've been to Kardinia Park 4 times, and never seen us lose...so I really should do the right thing and head down there.

But you're right, it has not been a happy hunting ground for us.

Since the time Geelong started playing at Kardinia Park in 1941, after winning our first 3 at the venue, we never won again until 1972. We then won 3 times in a row between 1972 and 1975. We then failed to register a win again at the ground until 1985. After the sole win in 1985 - we again went winless until 1995.

From 1995 to 2003 - we won 6 of the 7 games we played at Geelong. 2003 being the last time we won at the ground.

All in all, we have a 13 wins - 42 losses & 1 draw record at the ground.