Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  24
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Next Few Weeks

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    Interesting quote I read on twitter by Mick Le Grand.....Amazing fixturing has seen the Western Bulldogs play just 3 home games out of our last 15 games. Must be due for a home run.
    It's been a horrible start to the year fixture wise and it doesn't get better over the next few rounds. We finally get a home game and it's against a fellow Etihad tenant.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Back at home next week so need to get a confidence boosting win to go to the bye. Very dissapointed from last night as that was the one where I would of loved to get a scalp but it wasn't to be so we need to focus on next Saturday.

The 2016 home and away season itself for us wasn't the best ever but the 2016 final series was something and the best ever for us winning the flag. Believe it or not the 2015 home and away season was slightly better and we finished higher.

R10 Dogs V Saints at Etihad
    R11 Bye
    R12 Swans V Dogs at SCG
    R13 Dogs V Demons at Etihad
    R14 Dogs V Kangaroos at Etihad
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Geelong were outstanding last night. 130 tackles, just unbelievable. We showed some improvement in our forward line efficiency and would have beaten most teams, just didn't play to our best for long enough to get over the line on the day. We would be close to favourites for our next 4 and could be 9-4 and possibly top 4 after the next 4 games
    If you kicked five goals and Tom Boyd kicked five goals, Tom Boyd kicked more goals than you.

Formerly gogriff

Post Thanks / Like

One week at a time but very winnable games the next few week coming up particularly having more players coming back very soon.

Swans at SCG then Demons at Etihad, Kangaroos at Etihad, Eagles at Etihad

Very important win yesterday and that put us in that echelon of teams on 6-4
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

The Sydney game is very important obviously. But I did a ladder predictor yesterday - and I still have us finishing 3rd at the end of the H&A.

We are yet to lose a game at Etihad this season (5 from 5) and play there another 6 times. We also have a home game at Ballarat, a home game at Cazaly where we have never lost, and get Carlton at the G and Brisbane at the Gabba as away games.

If this list gets healthy and stays predominantly healthy - we are very well placed for a top 4 finish. We should be winning 9 or 10 of our last 12 - to finish with 15 or 16 wins. With the comp being far more even this season in terms of the gap between top 8 and the rest - 15 or 16 wins gets you into the top 4 (as it always used to).

6. Likes Topdog, Bulldog4life, boydogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    Interesting quote I read on twitter by Mick Le Grand.....Amazing fixturing has seen the Western Bulldogs play just 3 home games out of our last 15 games. Must be due for a home run.
    Does that include the four consecutive 'away' finals?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by westdog54 View Post
    Does that include the four consecutive 'away' finals?
    yeah it must.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eastdog View Post
    One week at a time but very winnable games the next few week coming up particularly having more players coming back very soon.

Swans at SCG then Demons at Etihad, Kangaroos at Etihad, Eagles at Etihad

Very important win yesterday and that put us in that echelon of teams on 6-4
    10-4 would be a good place to be.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

10. Likes Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The run home

This time last year, the Bulldogs went into the break nursing their wounds after a 57-point drubbing from the Cats, but there’s a different feeling around the kennel this week, as the Dogs completed final training session before the break.

After disposing of St.Kilda by 40-points on the weekend, the Dogs sit in fourth place on the AFL ladder after ten rounds of football, and are in a ‘good position’ according to coach Luke Beveridge.

“Considering what happened last year, Geelong really beat us quite easily before our bye and it wasn’t a nice way to go out on a break,” Beveridge told media post-match on Saturday.

“So this is a nice time to reflect, think about the work we’ve put in, how it sets us up for the back end of the year, and back full of energy and try and string some wins together.”

The Bulldogs had their final training session for the week yesterday, ‘a really good session’, according to the coach, before a CBA mandated four day break.

But while Beveridge said it’s important the players get some rest, with the Swans in Sydney looming after the break, football won’t be far their minds.

“I think we’re in a good position in that now is the time to relax our minds a little bit.

“But we play Sydney on the Thursday, so our players have got to really look after themselves, which they do. We can’t really let our hair down on the bye weekend as such, because we have to prepare for a game that’s pretty close to it.”

The Dogs play seven of their last 12 matches in Melbourne, plus one in Ballarat, with trips to Cairns, Adelaide, Brisbane and of course, Sydney to come.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

12. Thanks Eastdog thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

After this round just played the next few weeks will be vital to get us in position for a top 4 finish.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    10-4 would be a good place to be.
    That would be a great position going into the Crows game pretty confident.