Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Father/Son Watch 2017

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    I believe our Next Gen Academy player is also listed in the initial Metro squad.
    Yes confirmed he is.
    Premierships: SENIORS - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, 2014, 2016 (10 total) AFL 1954, 2016. RESERVES - 1938, 1945, 1962, 1988, 1994, 1998 (6 total) UNDER 19S - 1954 (1 total) Other Premierships - Championship of Victoria 1924 (1 total); VFL Night Series 1963-64, 1967, 1970 (4 total) Preseason Cup, 2010 (total 1)

Post Thanks / Like

If I forget to check the squad, in the meantime the first under 16 Vic Metro game is in a month. Will hopefully see Libba & Kellett in the squad when it's announced.
    I'm worth a million in prizes, with my torture film. Drive a G.T.O. Wear a uniform. All on a government loan.

I'm worth a million in prizes. Yeah I'm through with sleeping on the sidewalk - no more beating my brains. No more beating my brains. With the liquor and drugs. With the liquor and drugs.

Well I am just a modern guy, of course I've had it in the ear before. 'Cause of a lust for life. 'Cause of a lust for life. I got a lust for life.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Yes confirmed he is.
    Yep, local rag says:

" Fellow forward Buku Khamis, who moved from South Sudan to Australia just over a decade ago, has been named in his teamís best the past three games and has seven goals to his name this year.

Khamis moves well, boasts a good vertical jump and is a strong mark."

Maribyrnong Leader
    I'm worth a million in prizes, with my torture film. Drive a G.T.O. Wear a uniform. All on a government loan.

I'm worth a million in prizes. Yeah I'm through with sleeping on the sidewalk - no more beating my brains. No more beating my brains. With the liquor and drugs. With the liquor and drugs.

Well I am just a modern guy, of course I've had it in the ear before. 'Cause of a lust for life. 'Cause of a lust for life. I got a lust for life.

4. Thanks Bulldog4life, Twodogs thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

When it comes to Next Gen players, the less exposure the better but good to see he has enough talent to be named in the initial squad.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Full metro list here:

https://www.afldraftcentral.com.au/tag/buku-khamis/

" 38 Buku Khamis – Provided a strong, leading target up forward. Was able to take multiple strong contested marks and was generally good at following the ball up if it came to ground. Very strong left foot kick for goal, on the run or set shot. Seem to also read the play well with solid leading patterns. "

Steve Wallis, legend, is in the coaching set up for Metro. I hope he's conservative if West or Khamis have general soreness...

7. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

SBS video and story of Buuks:

http://www.sbs.com.au/news/article/2...aking-his-mark

Already 188cm & 81kg as a bottom age player. Seems to move well, and neat kicking action, obviously athletic.

Watch this space I guess as Simon Dalrymple has said he's very likely to train with us later this year (preseason training).

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    SBS video and story of Buuks:

http://www.sbs.com.au/news/article/2...aking-his-mark

Already 188cm & 81kg as a bottom age player. Seems to move well, and neat kicking action, obviously athletic.

Watch this space I guess as Simon Dalrymple has said he's very likely to train with us later this year (preseason training).
    Post 15 here
    Premierships: SENIORS - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, 2014, 2016 (10 total) AFL 1954, 2016. RESERVES - 1938, 1945, 1962, 1988, 1994, 1998 (6 total) UNDER 19S - 1954 (1 total) Other Premierships - Championship of Victoria 1924 (1 total); VFL Night Series 1963-64, 1967, 1970 (4 total) Preseason Cup, 2010 (total 1)

10. Likes bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

What's the deal with us (and not GWS) drafting one of our next Gen listed players?
    AFL premiers 2016
    VFL premiers 2016

Get this bus in top gear. Get me out of here.

Post Thanks / Like

The Vic Metro team has been finalised:

7. Rhylee West - 180cm, 80kg (bottom ager) (fun fact: at 16 he's already taller than Scott, and the same playing weight)

21. Buku Khamis - 188cm, 81kg (bottom ager) (our next gen academy)

13. Likes The Doctor liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Just flicking through the U/16 TAC Cup results.

Libba playing for Calder Cannons. A few goals.
    Kellett playing for Western Jets. A few goals. Already 170cm, 58kg.

15. Thanks Bulldog4life thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

From Twitter on the TAC Cup game:

Buku Khamis takes mark of the day.
    Last edited by bulldogtragic; 18-06-2017 at 03:49 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    From Twitter on the TAC Cup game:

Buku Khamis takes mark of the day.
    What is the story here BT? Can another Club choose him in the draft or is he all ours?

18. Thanks azabob thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    What is the story here BT? Can another Club choose him in the draft or is he all ours?
    Correct me if I'm wrong but I think it's the same as a Father/Son selection. We need to bid for him if we want him.

20. Thanks Bulldog4life thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Hotel Foxtrot View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong but I think it's the same as a Father/Son selection. We need to bid for him if we want him.

I think so. Earlier in the a player made his debut at GWS who was in our Acadamy system but I'd never heard of him.
    AFL premiers 2016
    VFL premiers 2016

Get this bus in top gear. Get me out of here.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    What the others have said, we get first rights to match any bids on him like father/son.

23. Thanks Bulldog4life thanked for this post