Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Father/Son Watch 2017

Some good news after a crappy night...

1. Jacob Smith kicked a goal and featured in the bests for the Western Jets (in a loss to Sandringham).

2. Rhylee West played in the U/18 representative curtain raiser as a bottom ager (up against 2017 top age draft potentials and hand picked 2018 eligible draftees). He kicked a goal and featured in the bests.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

2. Thanks Bulldog4life, KT31, bulldogtragic thanked for this post
    Likes Mofra, Topdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Father/Son Watch 2017

That's great Comrade. Such an exciting few years coming up, headlined by Rhylee. Followed by Kellett, Liberatore, plus there's a young Darcy, Dimmattina & three younger West sons. A part from hoping they're all guns, but, if we can keep the list in the 'window' and access talent above what our natural draft picks would be then we may extend our window. Rhylee is certainly getting a lot of attention.
    At home drawing pictures of mountain tops. With him on top, lemon yellow sun, arms raised in a V. Dead lay in pools of maroon below. Daddy didn't give attention to the fact that mommy didn't care. King Jeremy the wicked ruled his world.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    That's great Comrade. Such an exciting few years coming up, headlined by Rhylee. Followed by Kellett, Liberatore, plus there's a young Darcy, Dimmattina & three younger West sons. A part from hoping they're all guns, but, if we can keep the list in the 'window' and access talent above what our natural draft picks would be then we may extend our window. Rhylee is certainly getting a lot of attention.
    We've had our own Riverina-like academy with our father/sons. Fair to say, without them we're stuck on 1 flag.

Looking forward to seeing how Libba Jr Jr develops. There have been whispers that he's even more talented than Tom. If that's the case, giddy up!
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    We've had our own Riverina-like academy with our father/sons. Fair to say, without them we're stuck on 1 flag.

Looking forward to seeing how Libba Jr Jr develops. There have been whispers that he's even more talented than Tom. If that's the case, giddy up!

I saw Libba Jr Jr playing in an under 11s game that he dominated to the extent that I sought someone out from his club (it was a game at West Footscray's ground) and asked if the Bulldogs knew about this kid playing footy on their doorstep? "You'd hope so" said the bloke I asked "that's Tony Liberatore's youngest son"
    AFL premiers 2016
    VFL premiers 2016

Get this bus in top gear. Get me out of here.

6. Likes Mofra, Topdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Libba & Kellett are the same draft year as you'd know. Libba has been picked and playing interleague every year and been doing well. Based on finishes/winning club B&Fs, finishes/winning entire league B&Fs, interleague performances and general reputation, Josh Kellett has the better CV. Thanks God his old man fell just over 100 games.

We can only hope their development under our academy continues or improves. Then wait for the outcry about how the father/son rule is rigged towards us...
    At home drawing pictures of mountain tops. With him on top, lemon yellow sun, arms raised in a V. Dead lay in pools of maroon below. Daddy didn't give attention to the fact that mommy didn't care. King Jeremy the wicked ruled his world.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Libba & Kellett are the same draft year as you'd know. Libba has been picked and playing interleague every year and been doing well. Based on finishes/winning club B&Fs, finishes/winning entire league B&Fs, interleague performances and general reputation, Josh Kellett has the better CV. Thanks God his old man fell just over 100 games.

We can only hope their development under our academy continues or improves. Then wait for the outcry about how the father/son rule is rigged towards us...
    It's actually incredible the quantity of father/sons that our club has produced, including those that didn't reach 100 games yet had quality kids (Hanners, Reid brothers, I'm sure I'm missing some).

The fact we've got another handful of potential good ones may turn out to be the key differentiator in such a competitive environment.

Post Thanks / Like

There's another fleet coming through as younger teenagers.

Think the names Eagleton (sorry mantis), Smith, Hudson, Darcy, Kolyniuk and Macpherson are amongst them.
    The Western Bulldogs.....shortest premiership drought in the league.

Post Thanks / Like

It's actually incredible the quantity of father/sons that our club has produced, including those that didn't reach 100 games yet had quality kids (Hanners, Reid brothers, I'm sure I'm missing some).

The fact we've got another handful of potential good ones may turn out to be the key differentiator in such a competitive environment.
    Alex Rance, Darcy MacPherson of the top of my head. I'm sure there is another one.

Ryan O'Keefe until recently. Billy Stanlake.
    AFL premiers 2016
    VFL premiers 2016

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ozza View Post
    There's another fleet coming through as younger teenagers.

Think the names Eagleton (sorry mantis), Smith, Hudson, Darcy, Kolyniuk and Macpherson are amongst them.
    Either there was something in the WO water supply throughout the 90s & 2000s or the Bulldogs were conducting a top secret eugenics program.

12. Likes Yankee Hotel Foxtrot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Either there was something in the WO water supply throughout the 90s & 2000s or the Bulldogs were conducting a top secret eugenics program.
    Reckon the secret program may have had more to so with the forays into local drinking establishment's

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FrediKanoute View Post
    Reckon the secret program may have had more to so with the forays into local drinking establishment's
    You obviously never checked the talent available in local drinking establishments back in the '80s and '90s. I reckon the players might have been trawling further afield in their pursuit of the ladys.

The Tunnel or Bojangles rather than Bunnies.
    AFL premiers 2016
    VFL premiers 2016

Post Thanks / Like

Ahhhh Bunnies , where it was compulsory to be under 18 to get in

Post Thanks / Like

I still think we should be running a dating style match up service for our current players where we set up top female athletes with various sporting attributes to engineer the perfect father son babies.

Ie Female High Jumpers for ruckmen, 400m runners for our outside running players like JJ etc.

It's a little weird and probably not PC but I think it's a winner.

17. Likes bulldogtragic, bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Gattaca!!

Lets use Vic uni connection to genetically modify the embryos so they are born the prefect specimen like in the movie gattaca
    They've done studies you know, 60% of the time, it works every time!
    Brian Fantana.

19. Likes Twodogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    You obviously never checked the talent available in local drinking establishments back in the '80s and '90s. I reckon the players might have been trawling further afield in their pursuit of the ladys.

The Tunnel or Bojangles rather than Bunnies.
    eek!!