Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 45
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    E.J. Whitten Stand
    Posts
    8,423
    Post Thanks / Like

    Father/Son Watch 2017

    Some good news after a crappy night...

    1. Jacob Smith kicked a goal and featured in the bests for the Western Jets (in a loss to Sandringham).

    2. Rhylee West played in the U/18 representative curtain raiser as a bottom ager (up against 2017 top age draft potentials and hand picked 2018 eligible draftees). He kicked a goal and featured in the bests.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

  2. Thanks Bulldog4life, KT31, bulldogtragic thanked for this post
    Likes BornInDroopSt'54, Mofra, Topdog liked this post
  3. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    18,975
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Father/Son Watch 2017

    That's great Comrade. Such an exciting few years coming up, headlined by Rhylee. Followed by Kellett, Liberatore, plus there's a young Darcy, Dimmattina & three younger West sons. A part from hoping they're all guns, but, if we can keep the list in the 'window' and access talent above what our natural draft picks would be then we may extend our window. Rhylee is certainly getting a lot of attention.
    Everything. Okay! I'll talk! In third grade, I cheated on my history exam. In fourth grade, I stole my uncle Max's toupee and I glued it on my face when I was Moses in my Hebrew School play. In fifth grade, I knocked my sister Edie down the stairs and I blamed it on the dog.

    When my mom sent me to the summer camp for fat kids and then they served lunch I got nuts and I pigged out and they kicked me out.

    But the worst thing I ever done -- I mixed a pot of fake puke at home and then I went to this movie theater, hid the puke in my jacket, climbed up to the balcony and then, t-t-then, I made a noise like this: hua-hua-hua-huaaaaaaa -- and then I dumped it over the side, all over the people in the audience. And then, this was horrible, all the people started getting sick and throwing up all over each other. I never felt so bad in my entire life.

  4. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    E.J. Whitten Stand
    Posts
    8,423
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Father/Son Watch 2017

    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    That's great Comrade. Such an exciting few years coming up, headlined by Rhylee. Followed by Kellett, Liberatore, plus there's a young Darcy, Dimmattina & three younger West sons. A part from hoping they're all guns, but, if we can keep the list in the 'window' and access talent above what our natural draft picks would be then we may extend our window. Rhylee is certainly getting a lot of attention.
    We've had our own Riverina-like academy with our father/sons. Fair to say, without them we're stuck on 1 flag.

    Looking forward to seeing how Libba Jr Jr develops. There have been whispers that he's even more talented than Tom. If that's the case, giddy up!
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

  5. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    17,010
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Father/Son Watch 2017

    Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    We've had our own Riverina-like academy with our father/sons. Fair to say, without them we're stuck on 1 flag.

    Looking forward to seeing how Libba Jr Jr develops. There have been whispers that he's even more talented than Tom. If that's the case, giddy up!

    I saw Libba Jr Jr playing in an under 11s game that he dominated to the extent that I sought someone out from his club (it was a game at West Footscray's ground) and asked if the Bulldogs knew about this kid playing footy on their doorstep? "You'd hope so" said the bloke I asked "that's Tony Liberatore's youngest son"
    AFL premiers 2016
    VFL premiers 2016



    I hold this letter in my hand
    A plea, a petition, a kind of prayer
    I hope it does as I have planned
    Losing her again is more than I can bear
    I kiss the cold, white envelope
    I press my lips against her name
    Two hundred words. We live in hope
    The sky hangs heavy with rain

  6. Likes Mofra, Topdog liked this post
  7. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    18,975
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Father/Son Watch 2017

    Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    We've had our own Riverina-like academy with our father/sons. Fair to say, without them we're stuck on 1 flag.

    Looking forward to seeing how Libba Jr Jr develops. There have been whispers that he's even more talented than Tom. If that's the case, giddy up!
    Libba & Kellett are the same draft year as you'd know. Libba has been picked and playing interleague every year and been doing well. Based on finishes/winning club B&Fs, finishes/winning entire league B&Fs, interleague performances and general reputation, Josh Kellett has the better CV. Thanks God his old man fell just over 100 games.

    We can only hope their development under our academy continues or improves. Then wait for the outcry about how the father/son rule is rigged towards us...
    Everything. Okay! I'll talk! In third grade, I cheated on my history exam. In fourth grade, I stole my uncle Max's toupee and I glued it on my face when I was Moses in my Hebrew School play. In fifth grade, I knocked my sister Edie down the stairs and I blamed it on the dog.

    When my mom sent me to the summer camp for fat kids and then they served lunch I got nuts and I pigged out and they kicked me out.

    But the worst thing I ever done -- I mixed a pot of fake puke at home and then I went to this movie theater, hid the puke in my jacket, climbed up to the balcony and then, t-t-then, I made a noise like this: hua-hua-hua-huaaaaaaa -- and then I dumped it over the side, all over the people in the audience. And then, this was horrible, all the people started getting sick and throwing up all over each other. I never felt so bad in my entire life.

  8. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    E.J. Whitten Stand
    Posts
    8,423
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Father/Son Watch 2017

    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Libba & Kellett are the same draft year as you'd know. Libba has been picked and playing interleague every year and been doing well. Based on finishes/winning club B&Fs, finishes/winning entire league B&Fs, interleague performances and general reputation, Josh Kellett has the better CV. Thanks God his old man fell just over 100 games.

    We can only hope their development under our academy continues or improves. Then wait for the outcry about how the father/son rule is rigged towards us...
    It's actually incredible the quantity of father/sons that our club has produced, including those that didn't reach 100 games yet had quality kids (Hanners, Reid brothers, I'm sure I'm missing some).

    The fact we've got another handful of potential good ones may turn out to be the key differentiator in such a competitive environment.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

  9. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Seddon
    Posts
    4,448
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Father/Son Watch 2017

    There's another fleet coming through as younger teenagers.

    Think the names Eagleton (sorry mantis), Smith, Hudson, Darcy, Kolyniuk and Macpherson are amongst them.
    The Western Bulldogs.....shortest premiership drought in the league.

  10. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    17,010
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Father/Son Watch 2017

    Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    It's actually incredible the quantity of father/sons that our club has produced, including those that didn't reach 100 games yet had quality kids (Hanners, Reid brothers, I'm sure I'm missing some).

    The fact we've got another handful of potential good ones may turn out to be the key differentiator in such a competitive environment.
    Alex Rance, Darcy MacPherson of the top of my head. I'm sure there is another one.

    Ryan O'Keefe until recently. Billy Stanlake.
    AFL premiers 2016
    VFL premiers 2016



    I hold this letter in my hand
    A plea, a petition, a kind of prayer
    I hope it does as I have planned
    Losing her again is more than I can bear
    I kiss the cold, white envelope
    I press my lips against her name
    Two hundred words. We live in hope
    The sky hangs heavy with rain

  11. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    E.J. Whitten Stand
    Posts
    8,423
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Father/Son Watch 2017

    Quote Originally Posted by Ozza View Post
    There's another fleet coming through as younger teenagers.

    Think the names Eagleton (sorry mantis), Smith, Hudson, Darcy, Kolyniuk and Macpherson are amongst them.
    Either there was something in the WO water supply throughout the 90s & 2000s or the Bulldogs were conducting a top secret eugenics program.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

  12. Likes Yankee Hotel Foxtrot liked this post
  13. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    1,756
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Father/Son Watch 2017

    Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    Either there was something in the WO water supply throughout the 90s & 2000s or the Bulldogs were conducting a top secret eugenics program.
    Reckon the secret program may have had more to so with the forays into local drinking establishment's

  14. #11
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    17,010
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Father/Son Watch 2017

    Quote Originally Posted by FrediKanoute View Post
    Reckon the secret program may have had more to so with the forays into local drinking establishment's
    You obviously never checked the talent available in local drinking establishments back in the '80s and '90s. I reckon the players might have been trawling further afield in their pursuit of the ladys.

    The Tunnel or Bojangles rather than Bunnies.
    AFL premiers 2016
    VFL premiers 2016



    I hold this letter in my hand
    A plea, a petition, a kind of prayer
    I hope it does as I have planned
    Losing her again is more than I can bear
    I kiss the cold, white envelope
    I press my lips against her name
    Two hundred words. We live in hope
    The sky hangs heavy with rain

  15. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    12,638
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Father/Son Watch 2017

    Ahhhh Bunnies , where it was compulsory to be under 18 to get in

  16. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Moe's Tavern
    Posts
    2,678
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Father/Son Watch 2017

    Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    Either there was something in the WO water supply throughout the 90s & 2000s or the Bulldogs were conducting a top secret eugenics program.
    I still think we should be running a dating style match up service for our current players where we set up top female athletes with various sporting attributes to engineer the perfect father son babies.

    Ie Female High Jumpers for ruckmen, 400m runners for our outside running players like JJ etc.

    It's a little weird and probably not PC but I think it's a winner.

  17. Likes bulldogtragic, bornadog liked this post
  18. #14
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Hillside. (carn the sharks)
    Posts
    1,969
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Father/Son Watch 2017

    Gattaca!!

    Lets use Vic uni connection to genetically modify the embryos so they are born the prefect specimen like in the movie gattaca
    They've done studies you know, 60% of the time, it works every time!
    Brian Fantana.

  19. Likes Twodogs liked this post
  20. #15
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    north-west willy
    Posts
    445
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Father/Son Watch 2017

    Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    You obviously never checked the talent available in local drinking establishments back in the '80s and '90s. I reckon the players might have been trawling further afield in their pursuit of the ladys.

    The Tunnel or Bojangles rather than Bunnies.
    eek!!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •