Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  15
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: AFL Round 4, 2017 Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    Dockers have kicked the last 8 goals of the game and lead by 22 points at 3/4 time. Last week's loss has a slightly different perspective all of a sudden.
    Freo's last quarter last week was excellent. We had that game in the bag and they turned the clock back to their 2013 form
    If you kicked five goals and Tom Boyd kicked five goals, Tom Boyd kicked more goals than you.

Formerly gogriff

Post Thanks / Like

Most impressive thing about Adelaide is their drafting & development. I don't think they've got 1 top 10 draftee on their list and their best 22 is filled with late picks and rookies.

On top of that they lost some good players to expansion (Bock & Davis) and other destination teams (Gunston & Tippett). As much as I'll always hate them after 97, you can't begrudge them any success.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    Most impressive thing about Adelaide is their drafting & development. I don't think they've got 1 top 10 draftee on their list and their best 22 is filled with late picks and rookies.

On top of that they lost some good players to expansion (Bock & Davis) and other destination teams (Gunston & Tippett). As much as I'll always hate them after 97, you can't begrudge them any success.
    They lost an amazing spine, you could build a very successful team around this:

Bock
    Davis
    Dangerfield
    Gunston
    Tippett
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    They lost an amazing spine, you could build a very successful team around this:

Bock
    Davis
    Dangerfield
    Gunston
    Tippett
    Forgot about Danger!
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Just saw this article . Wtf ? 4 rounds in and they have won two . Should be the last thing a club says after round 4 .. Hit the wall ?
    https://www.zerohanger.com/worsfold-...it-wall-11386/
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    Eddie betts is a superstar, poor bloke could have been an absolute legend of the game if he wasn't stuck at Carlton for years.
    If there is a footballer I really appreciate in the game that isn't a dogs player it's him.
    Good call. He's great to watch-he really is the full package. Even if the game is a blow out its worth watching still just to see what he does.

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Impressive performance by the Suns. Attractive and skillful football.
    Just in the nick of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Ozza View Post
    They are playing exceptionally well......but they have a tendency to play like this at the start of the year, and taper off. Happy for everyone to declare the Crows as premiership fancies...and see how they are going in August.
    It's like Adelaide can't win a final unless they get advance information about the opposition gameplan or something.

Sounds familiar. Except we've had a few more first round picks. Probably why we've won a flag this century and they haven't.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

7. Likes Remi Moses, 1eyedog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Speaking of divulging info on game plans , what's happened to Michael Talia ?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Remi Moses View Post
    Speaking of divulging info on game plans , what's happened to Michael Talia ?
    He's where Liam Jones is. Footy's no mans land, earning a wage to play lower league footy.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    Just saw this article . Wtf ? 4 rounds in and they have won two . Should be the last thing a club says after round 4 .. Hit the wall ?
    https://www.zerohanger.com/worsfold-...it-wall-11386/
    They are struggling without their usual plethora of off-site injections. Have a look at Jab Watson - cooked as a footballer
    Last edited by Sedat; 16-04-2017 at 08:26 PM.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

Post Thanks / Like

Must admit I enjoyed seeing Tex give Hurley an absolute bath last night. Enjoy your drug stained money, Michael.

12. Likes Twodogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Tigers giving it to the Lions and are 53 points up. Jack Riewoldt with 4 goals and Stefan Martin with 49 hit outs.
    Mitch Robinson has put the breaks on Dustin Martin

About 10 minutes to go.

Nice win by the Saint against the Pies
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Watched parts of the Saints Pies and just again emphasised Collingwood's awful kicking skills, and no 2nd big target inside 50.
    They halfed their tackles from last week also . No more excuses for Buckley as they've got a full list to choose from .

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    They are struggling without their usual plethora of off-site injections. Have a look at Jab Watson - cooked as a footballer
    Funny isn't it , they were all dying to get Back and we're going to be the powerhouse they were before the scandal , thing is they haven't been a powerhouse since 2000!
    What have they left of the players that got done 6 ? And Watson Is old, by the way Luenburger has no idea what he is doing out there it seems , I'm still in shock the Worsfold said they have hit a wall
    After just four games they should be as motivated as ever!
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Hit a wall. What a bunch of crap.

I can't coach and I've got a shit list anyway is closer to the truth,
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Try living here. They can Gagf.

18. Likes Twodogs liked this post