Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  12
    Post Thanks / Like

Three things I've learned. Round 14 vs North

Lets hear the 3 things you have learned from our game against North.

3 things that genuinely surprised you.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Three things I've learned. Round 14 vs North

Bump
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

1. I'm gaining more concern on Honey. He's had 5 shots in his two games for 0.5. A small forward needs to kick goals. Sure he gets some touches, but Webb uses it better if goals aren't being kicked by Honey.
    2. Campbell gave his all and showed some good signs. Yet I've no idea whether if Boyd is fit what the hell we are going to do with English dropped down, Roughy at full back and Redders doing ok.
    3. Thank god we didn't drop that...
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

1. We need to recruit TWO KPD's.
    2. Redpath gives us some forward structure.
    3. Dickson must be injured

Post Thanks / Like

1. Thank goodness for this group winning games under pressure in finals. When everything turns against us and backs are to the wall we still have the mental disposition to do what it takes.
    2. Libba's fitness, I'm convinced, is his biggest issue right now. Never blessed with pace, he was always able to compensate by having the tank to get to repeat contests in time to influence multiple times. Not only is he not doing that right now but his lack of pace is seeing his opponent able to get clear and have an influence. I'm not convinced he's a lock for next week.
    3. Bontempelli just needs to be offered a career long deal soon. He is a major competitive advantage, and without him we would lose a great part of what makes this side a chance going forward. If Boyd was worth a 7 year big money deal, Bont is worth a stack more. He's signed up til end of 2019...make him a deal he can't refuse for a further 5 years. Don't let it get to a dmDusty or Fyfe situation.

Post Thanks / Like

1. Campbell and Redpath were significant inclusions.
    2. Bontempelli and Macrae keys in the midfield.
    3. Still prefer Roughead as a ruckman.

Post Thanks / Like

Oh. And 4. I know we're only meant to have 3 but anyway..
    I'm not usually a big drinker.. and I may need to rethink my bulk Cellarmaster purchases.. because the Dog's performances this year have seen my wine consumption each game go to unsustainable proportions.
    I was only 2 glasses in at half time.. and I've just cracked a second bottle..
    Thank goodness the shops are too far away or i might've been tempted to purchase a pack of darts too.. and that's been 7 years!
    C'mon Dogs..you're really tempting the latent recidivist in me!!!
    Think of my children. Oh please think of the children!!!

Post Thanks / Like

1. We kept them in it.
    2. We have some cool heads in a crisis. Suckers, Big Jack, Lachie and Jake - big shout out to you four. You won us the 4 points.
    3. We will beat the Cokes because we will be manic at the ball and we'll take our chances.
    http://journals.worldnomads.com/merantau
    "It's not about the destination - it's about the trip."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nuggety Back Pocket View Post
    3. Still prefer Roughead as a ruckman.
    Me too, never liked him at Full Back in the Macca era and still not much better.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Me too, never liked him at Full Back in the Macca era and still not much better.
    I thought he was really important tonight. Apart from that last goal by Daw, had some massive spoils and contests
    Park that car
    Drop that phone
    Sleep on the floor
    Dream about me

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    1 point different and the MC & coach would be under scrutiny for it. Roughy was fortunate to have good team mates to impact contests. Roughy is a good player, potentially very good player, but not as a deep defender.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

12. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Hotel Foxtrot View Post
    Oh. And 4. I know we're only meant to have 3 but anyway..
    I'm not usually a big drinker.. and I may need to rethink my bulk Cellarmaster purchases.. because the Dog's performances this year have seen my wine consumption each game go to unsustainable proportions.
    I was only 2 glasses in at half time.. and I've just cracked a second bottle..
    Thank goodness the shops are too far away or i might've been tempted to purchase a pack of darts too.. and that's been 7 years!
    C'mon Dogs..you're really tempting the latent recidivist in me!!!
    Think of my children. Oh please think of the children!!!
    I drink much more when it's a frustrating/nervous match too. Kinda sip each time there's a reason to go "fargffh'

14. Likes Yankee Hotel Foxtrot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    1 point different and the MC & coach would be under scrutiny for it. Roughy was fortunate to have good team mates to impact contests. Roughy is a good player, potentially very good player, but not as a deep defender.
    It places us in a difficult position..TC was very good tonight, dare I say he was the most influential of any ruckman this year for us.
    Where does this place Tom Boyd and Roughy as a combo. I too, whilst appreciative of Roughy's game tonight do not see him as the key defender answer.
    We clearly cannot play Roughy, Campbell, Redpath and Tom Boyd. And Campbell's influence in the ruck tonight cannot be ignored.

Redpath too looked better than Tom Boyd up forward as well, not withstanding his woeful free when Wally had the ball 50 out.

What to do?

Mid to long term we need Tom to be the million dollar forward we traded for. That has some way to go and we are clearly going to have to be patient. I hope we can afford that luxury.

Post Thanks / Like

1. We have a pulse.
    2. We have no goal kicking coach employed at the club, if we do sack him!
    3. We are carrying too many passengers atm and we got away with it tonight. We didn't get away with it last week any the week before that and we won't get away with it too many more times. Dickson and Libba are two that's need to pull their weight tha come straight to mind.
    They've done studies you know, 60% of the time, it works every time!
    Brian Fantana.

Post Thanks / Like

1. A wins a win to me. They all feel as good as each other and I hope I never end up one of those who aren't happy after a victory.

2. HC doing the number 22 proud with a tough as DFA performance, to bad he kicks like him too.

3. Campbell needs to play each week and Bont needs to be in the square.
    The curse is dead.

18. Likes bornadog, Bulldog4life liked this post