Thanks Thanks:  6
Likes Likes:  44
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Three things I've learned. Round 4 vs North

1. North are a dirty side

2. I don't miss Higgins

3. I would never ever want to be tackled by Clay Smith
    The fight is here; I need ammunition, not a ride.

2. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

1. No teams this year are easy beats. Norf have surprised me and 0-4 doesn't reflect their form but because they are a dirty filthy scumbag club coached by an absolute tosser, they deserve it.

2. Tom Campbell is a competitor. He was terrible first half but he was part of the reason we worked back into the game. With a bit of confidence he could be a decent ruckman.

3. Our team defence that won as the flag has vanished. We used to be hard to score against but teams are cutting us to shreds. I think its a concern and if we don't sort it out we will struggle to make top 4.
    They've done studies you know, 60% of the time, it works every time!
    Brian Fantana.

Post Thanks / Like

1. Jack Ziebell is a workplace hazard and Worksafe needs to get involved. He's a stupid, stupid footballer who has no regard, and is much a danger to himself as he is to others.

2. Libba can't and shouldn't play full time forward. The sooner Dickson gets back and we can stop this subtraction by substitution of small forwards the better.

3. There is no one that you would rather have the ball in their hands with the game on the line than Lindsay Thomas (provided you support the other team).
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

5. Thanks SonofScray, jeemak thanked for this post
    Likes Go_Dogs, GVGjr, boydogs, BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Clay out of touch but finished like a freight train with 14 tackles

I hope Ziebell's hit on Cloke is looked at by the MRP

Our 7th win in a row in close games. Well done doggies.

Post Thanks / Like

1. Toby McLean can be a midfielder
    2. Umpires are looking much harder for throws with our side than with others. Dahlhaus free against was a shambles.
    3. Stringer has turned the corner, just needs to start holding his marks.
    'And the Western suburbs erupt!'

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Scorlibo View Post
    3. Stringer has turned the corner, just needs to start holding his marks.
    His defensive work and repeat efforts since being dropped late last year have gone up about ten-fold - even in the finals last year where he was clearly rusty from an attacking sense he worked his backside off defensively, which has continued this season so far.

I do hate the simple marks he drops - he actually has really poor hands in the marking contest.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    His defensive work and repeat efforts since being dropped late last year have gone up about ten-fold - even in the finals last year where he was clearly rusty from an attacking sense he worked his backside off defensively, which has continued this season so far.

I do hate the simple marks he drops - he actually has really poor hands in the marking contest.
    What would the count be on how many times he's gotten up for what would be a colossal hanger, only to spill it? I reckon it's at least at 20 without a grab.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Our 2 premium forwards (Boyd & Stringer) have the marking ability of my 4 year old.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

11. Thanks The Bulldogs Bite thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

1. Word is that the AFL Commission initiated the rule to ban the 3rd man up in ruck contests, and strongly encouraged the AFL Rules Committee to recommend the implementation of the rule back to the same commission. What a farce.....it wasn't a problem, and now it is severly broken.

2. The catalyst for the AFL Commission to change the above rule was a one off injury to Kurt Tippett during last year's Qualifying Final against the GWS. Tippett is the least resisliant player in the history of humanity. The same Tippett that 2 weeks ago left the game against us complaining of a broken ankle. It was later diagnosed as a minor ligament strain. Dale Morris played a whole finals series with 2 fractured vertebrae in his back. Nat Fyfe played with a real broken leg.

Stop making rule changes for soft players.

3. The first Good Friday game was rather underwheling on all counts. It wasn't a failure, but it was hardly an outrageous success either.
    Footscray member since 1980.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The bulldog tragician View Post
    I can't think of three things, because I'm chortling too much at the Terry de Koning reference. Well played Two Dogs!!! I thought I'd forgotten all about him. But it now all comes back to me... priceless..
    Terry has a son who is eligible for the draft this year. Evidently the boy can play a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post

I think he actually has really good hands. His problem is that he drops his head before he has complete control of the ball.

As for taking the hanger I think one of our guys should be the scapegoat and line himself up in front of Jake so Jake can take a hanger over him and just get it out of his system. Maybe one of the guys close to selection could volunteer to get a spot in the seniors?

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    Our 2 premium forwards (Boyd & Stringer) have the marking ability of my 4 year old.
    Look on the bright side. At least the little tike has plenty of time left for coaching and practice. He will get the hang of it.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Flamethrower View Post

3. The first Good Friday game was rather underwheling on all counts. It wasn't a failure, but it was hardly an outrageous success either.
    What were you expecting and where did it fall short?
    I thought I was wrong once but I was mistaken.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Flamethrower View Post
    42,000 supporters, close finish and a big TV audience. Tell me what would have made it better??
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    42,000 supporters, close finish and a big TV audience. Tell me what would have made it better??
    I agree, it was dour struggle in the first half but I was sitting on the edge of the seat in the last quarter and most of the 3rd.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    I agree, it was dour struggle in the first half but I was sitting on the edge of the seat in the last quarter and most of the 3rd.
    Even though the first half was frustrating, it was a great battle between the clubs. Very defensive stuff, and tough football.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Even though the first half was frustrating, it was a great battle between the clubs. Very defensive stuff, and tough football.
    Agreed, a great advertisement of a game that changed tempo.

The was some speculation on the ABC that we will get the home game next year

Apparently the AFL might feel like they owe Carlton because it was originally a combined bid with North that pushed the proposal.
    I think Gordon was the catalyst behind us being jumped into consideration.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

19. Likes chef liked this post