Thanks Thanks:  6
Likes Likes:  44
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Three things I've learned. Round 4 vs North

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    1. Jack Ziebell is a workplace hazard and Worksafe needs to get involved. He's a stupid, stupid footballer who has no regard, and is much a danger to himself as he is to others.

2. Libba can't and shouldn't play full time forward. The sooner Dickson gets back and we can stop this subtraction by substitution of small forwards the better.

3. There is no one that you would rather have the ball in their hands with the game on the line than Lindsay Thomas (provided you support the other team).
    Ziebell hit Cloke like a wrecking ball, AFTER he kicked the ball. Ziebell has a habit of doing this and he would have a very good idea if his hit is going to make contact before or after yet he does it regardless and the judiciary and commentators are supporting him in what was an attack on an open, vulnerable player, who sustained a serious and extremely painful injury. This is an OH&S issue that the players association and our club need to act on. Late hits are illegal. Players know how to time a kick, they can time a hit.
    Footscray Football Republic.

Post Thanks / Like

So if that is the standard then the next time we play North we can take their guys out with impunity when they are perfectly set up for it (ie from behind just when they are least expecting it.) Just as long as we don't make contact to the head we can can break as many ribs as we like (or is six the maximum? I'd say so, after all wanting to break more than six is just silly) or put an opponent in the queue for a kidney donation.

OK. So we won't hit them in the head then.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

3. Likes BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BornInDroopSt'54 View Post
    Ziebell hit Cloke like a wrecking ball, AFTER he kicked the ball. Ziebell has a habit of doing this and he would have a very good idea if his hit is going to make contact before or after yet he does it regardless and the judiciary and commentators are supporting him in what was an attack on an open, vulnerable player, who sustained a serious and extremely painful injury. This is an OH&S issue that the players association and our club need to act on. Late hits are illegal. Players know how to time a kick, they can time a hit.
    I agree. He should be rubbed out for it. The hit was late. And those commentators saying it didn't make contact to the head are missing the point. Head high contact is not the only thing that can rub out a player. A player in the middle of their kicking motion is very very vulnerable as they have no way to protect/brace themselves. It's only a matter of time before this tactic causes more injuries. It's a shame the AFL didn't use this opportunity to put an end to this rubbish.

Also on this note, how it wasn't a down-field free kick is beyond me. Lucky enough we got a goal anyway but there were some very interesting umpiring decisions. I can't count with fingers how many holding the ball non-calls went against us.

5. Likes BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

To be fair Cloke does not seem to have a collision radar at all. Cleaned up by Jones two weeks previous. He really needs to be more aware of those around him. He's been very Koschitzke-esque.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    To be fair Cloke does not seem to have a collision radar at all. Cleaned up by Jones two weeks previous. He really needs to be more aware of those around him. He's been very Koschitzke-esque.
    Are you being serious?

Post Thanks / Like

Can't agree with that. The Zak Jones hit was in a marking contest and the Ziebell hit was as he disposed of the ball by foot. Tom Ruggles yesterday was a far more accurate comparison of a Kosi stlye lack of awareness hit.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

Post Thanks / Like

Ziebell could have tried to smother the ball and may have succeeded in stopping the kick getting to Libba. I'm glad he went the thug route and ultimately helped us win the game.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

10. Likes Sedat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Remi Moses View Post
    Should have been a down field free . ( actually surprised it wasn't )
    He won't get suspended, but it wasn't a tough act , in fact was a cheapie .
    Do you honestly expect anything else from that club?
    [CENTER][B]WOOF Member 315[/B][/CENTER]

Post Thanks / Like

Words fail me.
    I thought I was wrong once but I was mistaken.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    Are you being serious?
    Moderately.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by always right View Post
    Words fail me.
    There's always a first.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    Can't agree with that. The Zak Jones hit was in a marking contest and the Ziebell hit was as he disposed of the ball by foot. Tom Ruggles yesterday was a far more accurate comparison of a Kosi stlye lack of awareness hit.
    Fair call. Unlucky then on two occasions in 3 weeks. Why didn't he brace himself for impact?

Post Thanks / Like

Fair call. Unlucky then on two occasions in 3 weeks. Why didn't he brace himself for impact?
    Because he was kicking a football. Hard to brace in the middle of a kicking motion.
    The curse is dead.

17. Likes The Bulldogs Bite, always right liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by craigsahibee View Post
    Do you honestly expect anything else from that club?
    Just look in the coaches box I guess .

Post Thanks / Like

How would he do that whilst in the kicking motion?
    I thought I was wrong once but I was mistaken.

20. Likes chef liked this post