Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  6
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bankers And Anchors - Round 5, 2017 vs Brisbane Lions

Bankers

1. Macrae. Never stops running. Smart footballer.
    2. Dahlhaus. Fights incredibly hard for the jumper. Sets an example for everyone.
    3. Adams. Great game. He gave us something up forward too which can be handy.
    3.a. Cordy. Love his competitiveness. His kicking has improved a lot this year. He is super careful with his kicking action and it's making him a neat kick. Plays within his limitations much like Dale Morris.

Banchor.
    Winning by 5 goals yet really worried about our form. Take the 4 points and run for the hills.

Anchors.

1. Missing simple set shots and shots under little pressure. Against slightly better opposition we lose. % already looking like a problem. It may very well cost us top 4 or a home final.
    2. Biggs is really off at the moment. He has a bad case of the fumbles and for a defender that can be costly. He'll be lucky to retain his spot next Friday.
    3. Jong. His kicking is a major worry.
    They've done studies you know, 60% of the time, it works every time!
    Brian Fantana.

Post Thanks / Like

Bankers - Macrae just outstanding
    - To have the belief to comeback from any position
    - the turnout , was outstanding
    Anchors- Reckon the whole week got to the players a bit
    - The defensive efforts of the mids was poor in the first half , and we played a high defensive line . Coaches are watching to much world game, and just a reminder there is no off side .
    - goalkicking ... embarrassing to say the least

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ratsmac View Post
    Bankers

1. Macrae. Never stops running. Smart footballer.
    2. Dahlhaus. Fights incredibly hard for the jumper. Sets an example for everyone.
    3. Adams. Great game. He gave us something up forward too which can be handy.
    3.a. Cordy. Love his competitiveness. His kicking has improved a lot this year. He is super careful with his kicking action and it's making him a neat kick. Plays within his limitations much like Dale Morris.

Banchor.
    Winning by 5 goals yet really worried about our form. Take the 4 points and run for the hills.

Anchors.

1. Missing simple set shots and shots under little pressure. Against slightly better opposition we lose. % already looking like a problem. It may very well cost us top 4 or a home final.
    2. Biggs is really off at the moment. He has a bad case of the fumbles and for a defender that can be costly. He'll be lucky to retain his spot next Friday.
    3. Jong. His kicking is a major worry.
    Agree with point 3 . Lin's got great attributes, but his decision making and execution will continually put him under the pump.

Post Thanks / Like

On Jong I usually have him as an OK set shot. Hopefully yesterday was a one off like Dickson's final against the Hawks and he comes back strong against GWS (like Dickson did)

5. Likes Bulldog4life liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    On Jong I usually have him as an OK set shot. Hopefully yesterday was a one off like Dickson's final against the Hawks and he comes back strong against GWS (like Dickson did)
    I agree, he's become quite reliable with his set shots, so hopefully he gets the chance to atone next week. He was everywhere early and had he been a little cleaner, the score at half time could've been very different.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Bankers

1. The second half of footy, was brilliant

2. Bob Murphy - 35 years old and still runs around like a 2 year old.

3. Adams for steadying the ship in the backline and taking some good grabs in the forward line.

Anchors

1. AFL app and Etihad wifi - never works.

2. Etihad management - for calling security on the guy with the drum on the second level - What a pack of douche bags. The crowd was having fun, but oh no, sit down, shut up and watch the game.

3. Goal kicking - 20 behinds, not good football.
    Referring to point 2 in the anchors yes I was wondering what that was looking up from my seat in Level 1 to Level 2. Agree that is poor I think I saw him last week with the drum at the North match. They need to just let supporters be passionate in anyway they want as long as it's not hurting anybody else there is no reason to call security. I'm also wondering if SonOfScray still hangs the flags out on Level 3?
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by westbulldog View Post
    Fortunately this bloke one hopes wouldn't be typical of a Bulldog supporter, the 2 teams here in the West have them in abundance.......Fickle frontrunning fatuous flogs

Hopefully he went home at halftime.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eastdog View Post
    Referring to point 2 in the anchors yes I was wondering what that was looking up from my seat in Level 1 to Level 2. Agree that is poor I think I saw him last week with the drum at the North match. They need to just let supporters be passionate in anyway they want as long as it's not hurting anybody else there is no reason to call security. I'm also wondering if SonOfScray still hangs the flags out on Level 3?
    I will be writing a letter of complaint to Etihad as well as the AFL, plus asking the Club to support the guy. He has been doing that for a couple of years now, but yesterday Etihad decided they didn't like it.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Bankers

1 Zaine Cordy. Looked really composed and authoritative in defense and had the confidence to run forward to create an option

2. The crowd. Over 30 000 is a great result against an interstate team.

3. Liam Picken. Makes me wonder if we would have lost to Freo if he'd been sitting on the bench, he's that important

Anchors

1. JJ's deliberate, he's being slung around by an oppononent. How is he even in control of the direction the ball is going to travel in?

2. Defence in the second quarter.

3. Shocking kicking for goal. It's going to cost us and it's so simple to fix.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    I will be writing a letter of complaint to Etihad as well as the AFL, plus asking the Club to support the guy. He has been doing that for a couple of years now, but yesterday Etihad decided they didn't like it.
    Good idea BAD. Yeah why did it all of sudden become a problem yesterday?
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    3. Shocking kicking for goal. It's going to cost us and it's so simple to fix.
    On the plus side, we did nail some of our most difficult set shots in the last qtr when the whips were cracking and kicked 8.3 for the term. We ended up having 46 shots at goal for the match (9 missed altogether), which is an astonishingly high percentage against 61 inside 50's. It is also the most number of shots at goal in any one match this season by anyone.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    On the plus side, we did nail some of our most difficult set shots in the last qtr when the whips were cracking and kicked 8.3 for the term. We ended up having 46 shots at goal for the match (9 missed altogether), which is an astonishingly high percentage against 61 inside 50's. It is also the most number of shots at goal in any one match this season by anyone.

Looking at that through a glass that is half full those are impressive figures. Especially the inside 50 to shots on goal ratio. I make it 75 %.

Post Thanks / Like

Bankers
    M Boyd knocked out then returns to go back with the flight of the ball and take the grab without flinching. Legend Bulldog right there. Anyone knocking him can get stuffed he puts his body on the line every week

Macrae and Dal just go about their business

Cordy. Getting close to Morris as a dour tough as nails defender. Ugly kicking style but very effective on both sides.

Anchors
    I find it difficult to fault our boys to much. Have you ever seen a magnet keep the footy out of the goals as much as that first half. Not sure I have ever seen the ball curve so much as the first half goal shooting

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by S Coast Simon View Post
    Bankers
    M Boyd knocked out then returns to go back with the flight of the ball and take the grab without flinching. Legend Bulldog right there. Anyone knocking him can get stuffed he puts his body on the line every week

Macrae and Dal just go about their business

Cordy. Getting close to Morris as a dour tough as nails defender. Ugly kicking style but very effective on both sides.

Anchors
    I find it difficult to fault our boys to much. Have you ever seen a magnet keep the footy out of the goals as much as that first half. Not sure I have ever seen the ball curve so much as the first half goal shooting
    It was probably that bloke from the TAB ad with the big leaf blower blowing the ball away. They had the big magnet at their end attracting the ball through the middle of the goals.