Thanks Thanks:  6
Likes Likes:  11
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Match Committee - Round 6, 2017 vs GWS Giants

Quote Originally Posted by boydogs View Post
    Out: Biggs, Suckling, Jong
    In: Williams, Webb, Daniel
    Have to agree with this, when you you miss so many crucial easy shots ( for $%&# sake one was in the goal square) an example must be set.
    It's better to die on our feet than live on our knees.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KT31 View Post
    Have to agree with this, when you you miss so many crucial easy shots ( for $%&# sake one was in the goal square) an example must be set.
    Dunno if we'd drop someone based just on set shots, particularly not a running player with pace. I'd keep Jong in.

Out: Biggs In: Williams

Post Thanks / Like

Out: M Boyd (rest) Jong/Dunkley

In: Williams for Boyd, Webb for Jong or Dunkley

If Dunkley is sore Jong stays otherwise Dunkley definitely stays in. Jong's skill errors and decision making worry me, but he brings physical pressure so what do we need more at the moment? I'd say neat skills against the Giants.
    Matty Boyd could do with a freshen up so it would be a good time to give young Williams another crack.

I want to see Daniel back in the team so he could possibly replace Smith but maybe wait another week.
    They've done studies you know, 60% of the time, it works every time!
    Brian Fantana.

Post Thanks / Like

We simply don't have any easy games between now and the bye, my preference would be to get Boyd through to then if possible as I think he's a stabilising influence and would be a noticeable absentee if rested. Like the rest of the team he's taking time to warm into the season, though there's nothing within his form that suggests he shouldn't be selected within the 22.

Injuries aside, I can actually make a case for no changes. The difference between a 32 point win and an 11 goal win on Saturday wasn't huge, our last hour or so of football was excellent and the group may benefit from being given confidence to take that into Friday night.

But, I think one change is likely.

Out - Biggs
    In - Williams

Biggs has been a bit off, Williams is playing well so it's time to give him a run.

If Dunkley is sore and can't play, Daniel or Honeychurch to come in. The latter has earned a spot and it would be solid reward for effort.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe we could rest Boyd from playing but use him as a runne instead and he spend the night running around in defence setting zones up and pointing out players to kick the ball to.

We'd just have to tie his arms behind his back though so he doesn't forget and pick up the ball.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

If the weather is bad I could see Daniel coming in .. I'm hoping weather is bad becuse we are light in talls and wet weather brings it down to hardness not skill as much. We are a more hard ball side, they like to look pretty and arrogant.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    If the weather is bad I could see Daniel coming in .. I'm hoping weather is bad becuse we are light in talls and wet weather brings it down to hardness not skill as much. We are a more hard ball side, they like to look pretty and arrogant.
    I still reckon Darling shitting himself like a big black Alsatian and dropping that mark when he was 15 metres in the clear in last year's elimination final is the funniest thing I have seen on a football field.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

How's lynch Been playing?

I'd like to see him get a crack at some point soon

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    How's lynch Been playing?

I'd like to see him get a crack at some point soon
    He is still listed as a Rookie so would need to be upgraded.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

10. Thanks N/A thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The more skillful the side the more likely they are to win a game in the wet.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    He is still listed as a Rookie so would need to be upgraded.
    Whoops my bad

Post Thanks / Like

Weather forecast is good.. Cold, but clear skies.

Post Thanks / Like

Our contested ball numbers are way down this season, way down. Can't rely on wet weather to beat teams we must beat as part of our premiership defence.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    So he tries hard, played a good game several months ago, and that people incidentally and incorrectly potted another player all mean that Smith shouldn't be dropped? Why didn't he play in the first two games if his form is so good?

I re-watched the game and Smith's skills are far too much of a detriment when the rest of his game isn't clicking. Daniel absolutely should come in for him.

I've softened a bit on Biggs; for every bad thing he did (dropping the chest mark in the first leading to their second goal) there was something of equal benefit (winning a 2-on-1 with a little underground kick to (I think) Picken on the members' wing). I wouldn't have any beef with Williams coming in for him, but also wouldn't mind if he stays in. His form is somewhere in between the perception of it on this forum and how awesome his instagram account is.
    Not sure what you are getting at. I gather you aren't a Smith fan, time will tell You are in the minority re Biggs.

Post Thanks / Like

Phil Davis ruled out with a hamstring injury.
    For those who were always the underdogs and wore it as a badge of honour.