Thanks Thanks:  6
Likes Likes:  11
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Match Committee - Round 6, 2017 vs GWS Giants

Quote Originally Posted by aker39 View Post
    Phil Davis ruled out with a hamstring injury.
    That helps.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Sweet

Post Thanks / Like

From AFL.com.au

Matthew Boyd (head) and Josh Dunkley (hip) should overcome minor injuries sustained in the win over the Brisbane Lions in time for Friday night's clash with Greater Western Sydney in Canberra.

If coach Luke Beveridge is looking to make a change to his inconsistent side, plenty of players in the VFL put their hands up for senior selection. Second-year midfielder Bailey Williams continued his blazing start to the season with a commanding performance in Footscray's win over Werribee. The 19-year-old amassed 31 disposals, 13 marks and three tackles in a best afield display.

Dumped playmaker Caleb Daniel gave another reminder of his worth by collecting 27 touches and six tackles. Versatile midfielder Lukas Webb continued his good form with 25 possessions and five tackles.

Impressive draftee Tim English was prominent in the ruck again with 31 hit-outs, 16 possessions and five marks. And while AFL selection would be a left-field call, first-year forward Fergus Greene finished with a bag of five goals after kicking four in his VFL debut last week. Taken with pick 70 in last year's NAB AFL Draft, the Bendigo product has great game sense and is a beautiful kick. - Ryan Davidson
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

4. Thanks bulldogtragic thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I am against dropping Biggs. Apart from that dropped mark I don't recall any other shockers. He gave us a bit,of run in the second half.
    http://journals.worldnomads.com/merantau
    "It's not about the destination - it's about the trip."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by merantau View Post
    I am against dropping Biggs. Apart from that dropped mark I don't recall any other shockers. He gave us a bit,of run in the second half.
    I think he's just going at the moment. Thing is, Bailey Williams is absolutely tearing it up in the twos and is ready and due.

Biggs has only just come back in again so can't see him being dropped so quickly.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Praise the Lord!
    They've done studies you know, 60% of the time, it works every time!
    Brian Fantana.

Post Thanks / Like

LB Press Conference:

* Williams and Caleb will make the trip to Canberra as part of squad of 23

* More decisions will be made this afternoon

* I think we've played our best at different times. How far off are we from four quarter? I don't have a crystal ball

* We had 16 scorers last week, so it's a good spread. We kicked a lot of points, plan is to improve there

* We are kicking some reasonable scores

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

9. Thanks bulldogtragic, N/A, josie thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

If my maths is right then two changes minimum this week.

22 team, 23 going. Dale, Williams and Daniel going. Two of them must be playing at least.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by robb View Post
    If my maths is right then two changes minimum this week.

22 team, 23 going. Dale, Williams and Daniel going. Two of them must be playing at least.
    They usually take a couple of travelling emergencies to each game, so there may not be any changes.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    They usually take a couple of travelling emergencies to each game, so there may not be any changes.
    if that was the case they would be taking 24 or 25!

Because they only have 23 it means 2 of Dale, Daniel and Williams are playing!

Post Thanks / Like

Bevo set to swap his Dogs in hunt for consistency

WESTERN Bulldogs coach Luke Beveridge could make several changes to his inconsistent side for Friday night's clash with Greater Western Sydney in Canberra.

While he wouldn't reveal specific omissions from the side that beat the Brisbane Lions last week, Beveridge confirmed midfielders Caleb Daniel, Bailey Williams and Bailey Dale were in the mix to play.

Despite winning four of their first five games this season, the Bulldogs are yet to string together a four-quarter performance in their premiership defence.

"We're taking a squad of 23 up (to Canberra), so we'll make some decisions this afternoon to finalise the team," Beveridge said at Melbourne Airport on Thursday morning.

"(Dale) is definitely in the mix to come in, but may not either.

"We're bringing Bailey Williams and Caleb (Daniel) up as well."

Beveridge confirmed midfielder Mitch Wallis would make his long-awaited comeback from a badly broken leg in the VFL on Friday night.

Forward Tory Dickson will join Wallis in the Footscray side to play North Ballarat, after overcoming a abdominal strain.

Fellow forward Stewart Crameri will miss another week with a hip complaint.

Beveridge conceded the Dogs' habit of coming from behind this season to win games was an "interesting" ways to secure four points, but he remains frustrated his players haven't been finishing off their good work in front of goal.

The premiers sit 17th in goal-kicking accuracy this season, with only 43 per cent of shots hitting the mark, and 17.20 against the Lions was evidence of their wayward ways.

On a positive note, they have been able to enhance their scoring efficiency from inside 50s significantly.

"We had 16 scorers last week off their own boot, so it's a good spread," Beveridge said.

"We had 12 goalkickers, but we kicked a lot of points that were very gettable.

"I think out of the five games (we've had some final scores) of 120 (and) 110, so we're kicking some reasonable scores.

"But if we can be a bit more accurate (in front of goal), who knows what that could turn into?"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jaytee View Post

It's unclear whether Dale is part of the 23 or just in the mix.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jaytee View Post

True. Surprised they aren't doing that anyway.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Mark Stevens‏ @Stevo7AFL

No Biggs for Dogs in Canberra ... Bailey Williams looks likely to come in, Caleb Daniel and Bailey Dale also training ...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Mark Stevens‏ @Stevo7AFL

No Biggs for Dogs in Canberra ... Bailey Williams looks likely to come in, Caleb Daniel and Bailey Dale also training ...
    Happy with this. I'm keen to see how Williams goes he's been in white hot form, is quick, a great size and kicks the ball well. With so many half backs in the team it also releases JJ and Bob forward which will help off-set the loss of Dickson and Crameri.

I have a feeling Daniel / Dale will play for Dunkley.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.