Thanks Thanks:  6
Likes Likes:  11
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Match Committee - Round 6, 2017 vs GWS Giants

Biggs is out of form.
    Bailey Williams is in good form.

Would give Williams an opportunity this week. Otherwise it is just down to who is sore.

Post Thanks / Like

In: Williams, Webb
    Out: Biggs, Suckling

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    In: Williams, Webb
    Out: Biggs, Suckling
    Was about to post the same changes. I like what Webb brings around the ball and I like what Williams does when he has it.

We need to freshen up that midfield mix.

Post Thanks / Like

Allow me to indulge in some lateral thinking. When we played GWS last year during the season it was with a team full of kids and we let Heath Shaw bring his own footy - I'm convinced there was a little 'keeping our powder dry' for later in the season both from a tactical and personnel perspective, and it certainly worked wonders in the PF when they didn't know what hit them. Do we 'rest' 2-3 players and do something similar again? It's a 6 day turnaround and we're travelling interstate - not saying we should or we shouldn't but it is an interesting discussion either way. We have Richmond, West Coke in Perth, Geelong in Geelong and St Kilda following this week's match prior to the bye, so as a block of matches it is a very difficult stretch.

Not saying we lay down this week - we didn't lay down in the same game last year and actually acquitted ourselves well.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

Post Thanks / Like

Its an interesting discussion Sedat.

My gut feel is that because we have a few out, and a few knocking down the door in the VFL - that we can achieve a degree of player management without the strength of the available side being too discernibly weaker.

The side we take into a potential final with GWS, or in later in the season's game - will (hopefully) have Roughead, Morris, Dickson, Wally, maybe Crameri - included. Plus we have the likes of Williams, Daniel, Honeychurch, Webb, Dale on the cusp at the moment. So we could, for instance, give Matty Boyd a freshen up - and bring in Williams. I'm sure there are a sore body or two through the mid/fwds who could also get a freshen up and allow Webb or Daniel another opportunity.

I think it is responsible for the MC to at least consider using 25-26 players as a 'squad' over the next 3 weeks in particular with two interstate trips.

6. Likes Sedat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by westbulldog View Post
    I thought Clay Smith was far better than Shane Biggs.
    Last year's prelim against GWS : Clay Smith 16kicks 10 handballs disposals 26 marks 5 tackles 8 goals 4 behinds 1 afl ranking points 140
    Some declared M Boyd finished several times last year.
    Smith plays with courage and great passion for this club and imo his form is nowhere near omission.
    So he tries hard, played a good game several months ago, and that people incidentally and incorrectly potted another player all mean that Smith shouldn't be dropped? Why didn't he play in the first two games if his form is so good?

I re-watched the game and Smith's skills are far too much of a detriment when the rest of his game isn't clicking. Daniel absolutely should come in for him.

I've softened a bit on Biggs; for every bad thing he did (dropping the chest mark in the first leading to their second goal) there was something of equal benefit (winning a 2-on-1 with a little underground kick to (I think) Picken on the members' wing). I wouldn't have any beef with Williams coming in for him, but also wouldn't mind if he stays in. His form is somewhere in between the perception of it on this forum and how awesome his instagram account is.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

8. Likes bornadog, soupman liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I hadn't read this anywhere, but Toby Greene was reported for head butting against the Swans.

http://www.afl.com.au/video/2017-04-...reene-reported
    For those who were always the underdogs and wore it as a badge of honour.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by aker39 View Post
    I hadn't read this anywhere, but Toby Greene was reported for head butting against the Swans.

The previous week he whacked someone and got a $1000 fine. He probably will get the same. AFL are weak as water.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ozza View Post
    Its an interesting discussion Sedat.

My gut feel is that because we have a few out, and a few knocking down the door in the VFL - that we can achieve a degree of player management without the strength of the available side being too discernibly weaker.

The side we take into a potential final with GWS, or in later in the season's game - will (hopefully) have Roughead, Morris, Dickson, Wally, maybe Crameri - included. Plus we have the likes of Williams, Daniel, Honeychurch, Webb, Dale on the cusp at the moment. So we could, for instance, give Matty Boyd a freshen up - and bring in Williams. I'm sure there are a sore body or two through the mid/fwds who could also get a freshen up and allow Webb or Daniel another opportunity.

I think it is responsible for the MC to at least consider using 25-26 players as a 'squad' over the next 3 weeks in particular with two interstate trips.
    Libba could with a break to rest whatever injury it is he is obviously carrying.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Suckling won't be getting dropped. I'd entertain Williams for Biggs.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Insufficient force and cleared.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

His third incident this season, six charges in six years as well as assault charges. What a germ.

15. Likes bornadog, josie, Bulldog Revolution liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    Suckling won't be getting dropped. I'd entertain Williams for Biggs.
    Williams for Biggs is my choice.
    Love Bailey, we should get games into him and he can play wing or halfback. His disposal is excellent
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Williams for Biggs. Williams to play on GWS small forward to release JJ and Bob.

Dunkley had a sore ankle and hip during the game. Would be silly to risk him. If he isn't right, I'd play Caleb. The bigger dimensions will hopefully help him find a bit of space.

Post Thanks / Like

Out: Biggs, Suckling, Jong
    In: Williams, Webb, Daniel
    If you kicked five goals and Tom Boyd kicked five goals, Tom Boyd kicked more goals than you.

Formerly gogriff