Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  10
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The small, quick forward pocket.

We didn't rate Cameron in his draft year.

No-one seems to rate Liam Ryan (undrafted last year) but he is as talented as any player in Australia - inside or outside of the AFL system.

I left the game half way through the last quarter on Friday but I think he already had 6 playing against the West Coast reserves (Erik McKenzie was running around down back) and seems to be able to do whatever he wants to do.

Here's a mark he took last week but he does this every week! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n7UrIhpyTrc
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

2. Likes bulldogtragic, strebla, boydogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Any reasons rumoured as to why he was not drafted?

I wonder if we move him into the Ballarat region, if can we category B rookie him? Neither WA club wanted to even Cat B him?
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

With Hawthorn finally diving off the cliff and in dire need of picks, what would they ask in return for Cyril? Would they even consider trading him? Would he suit us?
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    With Hawthorn finally diving off the cliff and in dire need of picks, what would they ask in return for Cyril? Would they even consider trading him? Would he suit us?
    I reckon they'd shop Puopolo first. Not they would do it, and Rioli has a huge Hawk tattooed across his chest. He'd look pretty silly showering at a new club.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    I reckon they'd shop Puopolo first. Not they would do it, and Rioli has a huge Hawk tattooed across his chest. He'd look pretty silly showering at a new club.
    Wouldn't take much for a tattooist to change it to an Eagle. Other than that he is stuffed
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

7. Likes bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    Wouldn't take much for a tattooist to change it to an Eagle. Other than that he is stuffed
    What about the Hawk wearing a Bulldogs jumper? Or get it named Dougie, and he can tell everyone it's because how much he always loved Dougie 'The Hawk' Hawkin's.

9. Likes chef, Sedat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    A Crow. A weird looking swan.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

11. Likes Sedat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Any reasons rumoured as to why he was not drafted?

I wonder if we move him into the Ballarat region, if can we category B rookie him? Neither WA club wanted to even Cat B him?
    Didn't test well. I wouldn't think he would interview well.

He is from Geraldton so not sure how that works for Cat B or what club has access to that area...I probably should understand the academy system a lot better than I do.
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

Post Thanks / Like

I recall us being linked to Daniel Rioli before Richmond took him - no idea if we would've taken him if available, but I agree that a player of that ilk would be ideal.

We do miss Dickson, though he is a terrific contested mark/lead for his size. More Brad Johnson really (and no, not as good)
    Float Along - Fill Your Lungs

Post Thanks / Like

I think Ben long was our target for the role but saints got him first.
    Bring back the biff