That list is in a world of hurt.

Only Burton looks likely of the younger players.

They have an abundance of premiership players, but most were made to look better with the match winners around them.

With Sam Mitchell and Jordan Lewis gone, they will lose Hodge, Burgoyne and Gibson possibly by the end of this year. Roughead has been throw to the wolves as captain, when he should be given the opportunity to build confidence in his body. He may also be gone with 2 years or less.

Puopolo and Isaac Smith are being exposed as ordinary players when they are needed to show the way. Cyril is way off.

Ben McEvoy looks done and Birchall has struggled before his current injury. Ricky Henderson was unwanted by everyone else and Vickery is just not a quality player.

Schoenmakers, Duryea, Langford and Hartung have had abundant chances and would be fringe at best with other clubs.

They actually need O'Meara to be Gary Ablett and Chris Judd combined just to be competitive and they have sold out of this year's draft to get him.

They really need to get back in the draft, but I don't see anyone on the list who could provide the necessary trade.

Perhaps there is a locked in free agent coming their way at the end of the year.

Their drafting has been poor over the past few years. The Bulldogs have certainly selected better with later picks.

Having looked at that and the options available, I have just handed my resignation to Clarko.