Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  10
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Game Day Round 5, 2017 - Western Bulldogs V Brisbane Lions

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    It goes without saying we need to show up for work in the 2nd half. Brisbane had a purple patch where they could do no wrong but we have been very wasteful and have displayed appalling skill execution. We have panicked at times as well and have shown a poor game awareness.

Bevo and the coaches have a lot of work to do to turn this around.

How impressive has BT's boy McStay been?
    Thank you Captain Obvious
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

For us to win this game, Rockliff , beams, Zorko, mcstay and hip wood would all have to get gastro at half time.
    I thought Freo would have been the wake up call.
    I was wrong.
    I will never see #16 the same!!

Post Thanks / Like

5 goals from more than 30 entries into the forward line is a telling stat. Brisbane on the other hand have made us pay with their forward entries nearly every time.

If it swings it could get close
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

So many of our prime movers are just a fraction off and its consequences are huge. Tackles that don't stick, fumbly hands in tight, poor goalkicking.
    For all the good things Lin Jong does his skill deficiencies cost us dearly. Stringer plays like he believes the Gary Ablett Snr comparisons and even Bont has been fumbly whoch for the first time has exposed his lack of pace.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    Thank you Captain Obvious
    Id like to hear your thoughts?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    5 goals from more than 30 entries into the forward line is a telling stat. Brisbane on the other hand have made us pay with their forward entries nearly every time.

If it swings it could get close
    Might be worth a thread alone but our defensive setups are putrid this year.

Post Thanks / Like

Some pretty abject efforts and decision making. A couple of Hollywood centreing kicks by Jack Macrae that opened us up. Jack also fell asleep and let Hipwood wheel onto the left under no pressure. When Jack is not on tbe job, and he is probably the most selfless and team oriented player in the team, it smacks of an attitudinal problem today.

Our mids are not helping out the back 6 at all, and the defenders have made some half-hearted efforts in contests to say the least - JJ falling over and letting Taylor win a clearance inside 50, Picko not killing that ball in the goalsquare and allowing a soccer goal.

Lions were lucky to be in it halfway through that qtr but then they got on top around the ground and carved us up so easily in the last 20 mins.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

8. Thanks GVGjr thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    Some pretty abject efforts and decision making. A couple of Hollywood centreing kicks by Jack Macrae that opened us up. Jack also fell asleep and let Hipwood wheel onto the left under no pressure. When Jack is not on tbe job, and he is probably the most selfless and team oriented player in the team, it smacks of an attitudinal problem today.

Our mids are not helping out the back 6 at all, and the defenders have made some half-hearted efforts in contests to say the least - JJ falling over and letting Taylor win a clearance inside 50, Picko not killing that ball in the goalsquare and allowing a soccer goal.

Lions were lucky to be in it halfway through that qtr but then they got on top around the ground and carved us up so easily in the last 20 mins.
    It was actually Easton Wood who allowed the player to come from behind and get the toe in Sedat he has been incredibly poor defensively. For mine the leadership has been poor Murph Wood Boyd and Bont not too sure if they are getting their hands dirty enough for mine.

Really like Campbell in the ruck, Boyd played way too many minutes in the ruck in the second quarter and they took advantage.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post
    Might be worth a thread alone but our defensive setups are putrid this year.
    We always press up but their skills have been excellent so far. First 15 minutes of the 3rd might be the spark we need

Post Thanks / Like

Kind of glad im watching under 15s soccer atm.
    The curse is dead.

12. Likes HOSE B ROMERO liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Even after completely dominating we are still behind....our kicking is an absolute farce....laughable to be honest....I've seen better kicks in under 16's
    I will never see #16 the same!!

Post Thanks / Like

Better
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

I think the assistant coaches need to be looked at. Our kicking has been an issue for years, it's not getting better.
    [B][COLOR="#0000CD"]Our club was born in blood and boots, not in AFL focus groups.[/COLOR][/B]

16. Likes Twodogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Interminable rocking and rolling of reviews stops momentum in its tracks

Post Thanks / Like

Great quarter and the players answered the challenge. Zaine Cordy has been very impressive with his composure and decision making. How good was Stringers goal?