Thanks Thanks:  5
Likes Likes:  28
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Three things I've learned-round 5 v Brisbane

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    How did it finish up for them?

I think we are all a little intrigued by where we sit in the food chain... I guess we will find out in due course.
    Exactly right. Was it just a good month of footy or what? I want Roughead and Morris back, especially Roughead, before I decide how much of a chance we are. He takes most of the ruck contests and Boyd and Cloke (I want him back too) get to double team defenders. Stringer and the rest get to run around relatively unfettered.

Like the old guy says in the ad. I'd like to see that.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Three things I've learned-round 5 v Brisbane

If we had our best 22 out there and we were still putting up average performances, I'd be more concerned.

Take out the best ruckman and the best defender out of any team and they just won't play to their full potential. Adding the most efficient forward in the league to a team that struggles to convert shots on goals and you'd see a fair difference. If it was Dickson on the end of 3 or 4 of those inside 50s instead of say Jong or Clay, and we win by close to 10 goals.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.