Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  10
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: All The Small Things, Round 5, Vs Brisbane

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    It's a Don't Argue. Mark Kellet may not have invented it but he was the first player I saw who perfected it enough to turn it into a part of his game.
    Mickey Conlon invented the don't argue but Mark Kellett was certainly an early adopter. I remember Conlon once using his head for a don't argue and kicked a goal straight after it.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ozza View Post
    I'm not sure what the story is with Brisbane and their trainers for interstate games - but I understand (form a mate who works with him) that the trainer that gave away the 50m lives/works in Melbourne. Feel sorry for him.

I think that, a bit like the interchange, you can look at it and go "one off, one on - how hard could it be"....but its a pretty chaotic game, and a lapse in concentration get very very severe penalties.
    Pretty sure it's standard for the non-Vic teams to have Melbourne based non-core staff.

Ie. I know Port Adelaide's matchday trainers and bench officials for their Victorian games are all Melbourne based. Not sure how it works for other away games where you only play once a season (Sydney, Brisbane etc.) although I believe Port would fly their Melbourne crew down for the Tassie matches.
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    Mickey Conlon invented the don't argue but Mark Kellett was certainly an early adopter. I remember Conlon once using his head for a don't argue and kicked a goal straight after it.
    Oh yeah I remember that. He was quite a player with that combination of speed and power he could change a game with ten minutes of footy.

I'm not sure what the story is with Brisbane and their trainers for interstate games - but I understand (form a mate who works with him) that the trainer that gave away the 50m lives/works in Melbourne. Feel sorry for him.

I think that, a bit like the interchange, you can look at it and go "one off, one on - how hard could it be"....but its a pretty chaotic game, and a lapse in concentration get very very severe penalties.
    Fagan said on Sunday's footy show that the trainers are Melbourne based. I don't really see what where he lived had to do with him running through the mark like that though.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

Fagan said on Sunday's footy show that the trainers are Melbourne based. I don't really see what where he lived had to do with him running through the mark like that though.
    The point is, that they don't do it every week - rather, a handful of times per year - so are probably more likely to make a blue.

Post Thanks / Like

Oh yeah I remember that. He was quite a player with that combination of speed and power he could change a game with ten minutes of footy.

Alright I will admit it, I'm actually that trainer being discussed. I just really wanted Bob to kick it, so I took the opportunity.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

6. Likes Mofra liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Alright I will admit it, I'm actually that trainer being discussed. I just really wanted Bob to kick it, so I took the opportunity.
    You don't look Chinese?

How was that fool who racially abused the trainer - there are some real dicks in this world.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

The point is, that they don't do it every week - rather, a handful of times per year - so are probably more likely to make a blue.

Can't remember the exact quote but one of the panel said something like "so they aren't your usual trainers so there's some excuse because those trainers wouldn't be doing that job very often" and Fagan shot back "i thought it was often enough but obviously it wasn't" with a rueful smile.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    You don't look Chinese?.
    Don't you oppress me.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Come and see the violence inherited in the system...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    That was Jack Dyer.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.