Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  23
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Next Month

Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Next Month

I think we'll go 2-2. I think GWS and Geelong will be too tough at this point in time.
    [B][COLOR="#0000CD"]Our club was born in blood and boots, not in AFL focus groups.[/COLOR][/B]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    We now hit a month vs teams that are in form
    West Coast no longer in form. They're a different side at home though. The way we've been playing we'll go 1-3, if we actually play 4 quarters we could beat all of them
    If you kicked five goals and Tom Boyd kicked five goals, Tom Boyd kicked more goals than you.

Formerly gogriff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post
    If we lose to Geelong again, quote Terry Wallace.
    It would be nice to meet them on level terms... Just once.

Re: OP - I would be happy to go 2-2, but more interested in performances (both team and individuals) than results.. But obviously I don't want to lose them all.

4. Likes GVGjr liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

We certainly need to improve on what we have done in the first 5 rounds.

Really want to beat GWS this week. That would boost the belief for the group.

The following weeks may be determined by how we manage the GWS game.

Possible that we win all 4, but also possible to lose the lot.

I would be happy with 3-1 and beating Geelong.
    Life is to be Enjoyed not Endured

Post Thanks / Like

I'm certainly nervous about the next month. Perhaps the stronger teams will bring out our best and be the circuit breaker we need to capture the intensity and performance level of last year.

I worry that the recent comeback wins has merely papered over the cracks a bit - and that we on the cusp of being on the receiving end of a big loss.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ozza View Post
    I'm certainly nervous about the next month. Perhaps the stronger teams will bring out our best and be the circuit breaker we need to capture the intensity and performance level of last year.

I worry that the recent comeback wins has merely papered over the cracks a bit - and that we on the cusp of being on the receiving end of a big loss.
    Have a little faith.

Over the past 30 odd games we have been beaten once by more than 26 pts.. if anything else this team has some spirit, and whilst our execution hasn't been great, we won't be rolling over.

8. Likes hujsh, Eastdog, Bulldog4life liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    Have a little faith.

Over the past 30 odd games we have been beaten once by more than 26 pts.. if anything else this team has some spirit, and whilst our execution hasn't been great, we won't be rolling over.
    I have faith!
    But I also have some nerves!

To clarify that a bit - and I think in the second half of this year, we could really hit our straps and come home looking the goods and primed for the finals. If we could get to 7-4 at the half way point, that would be huge - because we'll win 9 or 10 of our last 11.
    2-2 in the next four matches would see us very well place IMO. 3 or 4 wins would be a bonus.
    Last edited by Ozza; 24-04-2017 at 06:04 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Geez seems like the premiership belief is gone from many.

I'd be shocked if we go 0-4, absolutely gobsmacked to be frank.

I don't see why we should be fearing teams at all. GWS in NSW will be the most difficult of the bunch, rest we should win.

11. Likes Twodogs, Eastdog, Bulldog4life liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Will go 4-0.
    #stillbelieving

13. Likes Twodogs, ratsmac, Bulldog4life liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Topdog View Post
    Geez seems like the premiership belief is gone from many.

I'd be shocked if we go 0-4, absolutely gobsmacked to be frank.

I don't see why we should be fearing teams at all. GWS in NSW will be the most difficult of the bunch, rest we should win.
    Quote Originally Posted by redders70 View Post
    Will go 4-0.
    #stillbelieving
    Amen to that. We are the premiers. We've lost twice in the last 13 games. We will beat the plastics.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

I'd be content with going 2-2, but like others, our form line and improvement in a few areas will be the biggest takeaways.

Post Thanks / Like

We can beat anyone.

No reason to concede acceptance of anything less than 4-0.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    Amen to that. We are the premiers. We've lost twice in the last 13 games. We will beat the plastics.
    So right. Teams should still be fearing us. I have a good feeling this Friday night.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    Both to Freo and we have worked hard this year to win all our games this year. We have a lot of spirit and fight in us and I still give us very chance to win the whole thing again.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

This is definitely going to test us this next month but I have a feeling we have been building towards this next period up to the bye. We have been playing in patches but I thought the Brisbane game was one of our better games. Had we not wasted our chances we would of won by 10+ goals. Coulda woulda shoulda I know but we showed what we are capable of in the 2nd half.

Brisbane showed how easy we are scored against when we push too far up with our forward press. Once we adjusted Brisbane couldn't score. A lesson learned I hope.

However our next opponents are not Brisbane and I think (hope) we are prepared for it. The players will be super pumped for this and its going to be on like donkey kong.

I think we'll win 3 out of the 4 but If we win 2 -2 please please please footy gods make it against GWS and Geelong. Although I'd be proper pissed if we lose to Richmond.
    They've done studies you know, 60% of the time, it works every time!
    Brian Fantana.