Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  8
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Bankers And Anchors - Round 6, 2017 vs GWS Giants

This is the round 6, 2017 edition of the Weekly Bankers and Anchors Thread. Once the game against GWS Giants is concluded post your nominations for:

The Bankers = 3 guys/aspects of the game that we banked on to do the right thing during the game
    The Anchors = 3 guys/aspects of the game that weighed us down by their errors or poor play

Optional: New addition to the Bankers and Anchors Banchors 3 players we thought who were in the middle in how they went in the game neither a Banker or Anchor.

Please limit it to no more than three of each player or aspect of the game, but feel free to make honourable/dishonourable mentions. As usual try to make it constructive criticism.

Try and restrict it to individual players rather than aspects of the overall match - I will allow more freedom now as the thread seems to be going down more of the aspects of the game path so you can have 3 for each made up of aspects of the game and individual players.

The thread is named in honour of a popular WOOF Contributor, The Banker, who passed away on 22/04/2012 after a six month battle with cancer.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bankers And Anchors - Round 6, 2017 vs GWS Giants

Bump
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

B

Stringer. Set shots would be better, but our only dangerous forward.
    Bonts. Gem.
    Williams. For a pup, he looked composed.

A

MRP. You gutless flogs let another gutless flog play and perform another dog act.
    Goal kicking. Beyond embarrassing.
    Clay Smith. Credits for last year are gone. Your year so far has been very poor, tonight exceptionally poor.
    Two losses this year from what should've been winning positions. Sad or sick results and hombres.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Bankers

1. The Bont - this bloke is a beauty and really got us going

2. Stringers goal in a tight situation

3. Dahl, Macrae, Daniel - racked up disposals, and contested poss.

Anchors

1. JJ - 5 disposals in the 2nd half - not good enough

2. Hunter - Zero disposals in the 2nd half - disgraceful

3. Clay - too slow

PS: Dunkley - what was he thinking, when Bob passed the ball to him inside 50 - crucial mistake not to go back and have a shot.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Bankers
    Other than for inaccurate kicking we win the game, this mob fear us have no doubt.
    We don't play until Sat 6th, a lot of sore bodies from tonight.
    Bont's skills and Stringer's goals

Anchors
    Umpiring - bewildering, laughable and absurd decisions / non-decisions every week.
    Inaccuracy - woofers have been saying this for 2 years, coaching staff take note please.
    Our injury list.

Banchor - not sure where this fits but a gaggle of plastic orange supporters looked like they had come down by taxi from Oxford st Sydney

Post Thanks / Like

Bankers - Caleb Daniel , back to form tonight
    - The Bont ( who else )
    - Williams ( looks a good prospect )
    Anchors - Greene , what a s*** bloke . Sniper on field and a sniper off field
    - The whole deliberate, or not keeping the ball in , or whatever it's called. Just a dogs breakfast
    - The inaccuracy, and as Sedat alluded to the long bombs to snake .

Post Thanks / Like

Bankers:

Bonti - Just pops up in those most important moments and kicked a couple of important goals

Stringer - Played well and was involved and kicked goals. He is great on the run going for goal and if he improves he sets shots will be a hard forward to stop.

Bob - He played well in his 301st game and I particularly loved the moment he ran through the middle to escape an opposition GWS player and set us up going forward.

Banchor:

JJ - Very good early on in the match but yes was quieter afterwards so he is the Banchor

Anchors:

As Remi said yes the deliberate out of bounds rule needs to be reviewed and to make sure their is consistency throughout all games. They were very strict on it tonight.

Our inaccurate kicking - this needs to be addressed as we do not want to lose games while putting in a mighty effort for no reward and that is what happened tonight.

Greene for that incident
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

8. Thanks GVGjr thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Bankers:-

Every one of our players who gave it to Toby Greene.

Bontempelli and Stringer. Did some amazing things - the Bont is so clean, so important in the clutch.

Daniel - his best game for a while, good to see him back to doing what he does best - making smart decisions under pressure.

Anchors:-

Toby Greene - such a punchable face. I hope we gets rubbed out and I hope we get to destroy him at the end of the year in an important game.

Our kicking for goal - Dunkley is great in the F50 because he creates opportunities, but he needs a goal kicking coach along with a number of our players. Usually reliable Libba hits the post and a few others who you'd normally back missed chances they should nail.

Umpiring - decisions that impact the game, non-decisions that impact the game. It's a tough gig I know, but I don't think last night was a hallmark of consistent interpretation.

Post Thanks / Like

Bankers

Williams - looked composed and used the ball well.

Pressure - it's back. Our manic pressure where we deny the opposition time and space was excellent. It should've been enough to guarantee the win but our efficiency let us down big time.

Adapting to the Campbell late out. Boyd battled gallantly against arguably the best ruckman going around and let's face it, Boyd is just a part time ruckman still learning the craft. Dunkley done enough to make sure Mumford didn't have it his own way 100% of the time. GWS should of obliterated us in the clearances.

Banchor

Another classic game between these two teams. But we lost.

Anchors

Clay Smith - I thought his job was to kick goals being a forward and all. Oh may be he played as a defensive forward to nullify Haynes. Nope he tore us a new one. Clay was poor tonight.

Hunter - I've toyed with putting him in the Anchors for a little while. His form this year hasn't got anywhere near the heights of last year. He's had little impact.

19 behinds and a few that didn't actually reach the score line. In particular Tom Boyd. His set shot didn't even go 20 metres. He will know more than anyone that set shot was inexcusable. But the whole team needs to improve the kicking for goal in play and set shots.
    They've done studies you know, 60% of the time, it works every time!
    Brian Fantana.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Bankers

1. The Bont - this bloke is a beauty and really got us going

2. Stringers goal in a tight situation

3. Dahl, Macrae, Daniel - racked up disposals, and contested poss.

Anchors

1. JJ - 5 disposals in the 2nd half - not good enough

2. Hunter - Zero disposals in the 2nd half - disgraceful

3. Clay - too slow

PS: Dunkley - what was he thinking, when Bob passed the ball to him inside 50 - crucial mistake not to go back and have a shot.
    Are you sure on this? Whilst his influence was minimal he did pick up a few touches.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    Are you sure on this? Whilst his influence was minimal he did pick up a few touches.
    I could be wrong, but definitely, he had very few touches during the second half.

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    I could be wrong, but definitely, he had very few touches during the second half.
    Tipping you are wrong, his DT score went from 60 to 89 in the 2nd half, but no increase in score from about the 5min of the last qtr.

Not his best game, but he wasn't disgraceful.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    Tipping you are wrong, his DT score went from 60 to 89 in the 2nd half, but no increase in score from about the 5min of the last qtr.

Not his best game, but he wasn't disgraceful.
    I will check the stats

Post Thanks / Like

I've liked some of the Banchors posted. Its not essential to put 3 players or aspects that were in the middle from the game and so that is optional so you can put 1 if you have one.

Post Thanks / Like

Bankers
    1. Our pressure is back.
    2. The Bont and Stringer did their utmost to get us a win with some very determined and classy play.
    3. Caleb Daniel got his mojo back.
    Anchors
    1. Our costly misses
    2. Umpiring inconsistent
    3. We need an app that you can use to blot out the faces of those GWS tip rats. I just cannot abide them.
    http://journals.worldnomads.com/merantau
    "It's not about the destination - it's about the trip."

17. Likes N/A liked this post