Thanks Thanks:  10
Likes Likes:  16
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Match Committee - Round 7, 2017 vs Richmond

Nankervis just reported for a swinging elbow - should get a week - which will help our mid field match up given our current dwindling ruck position.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Doc26 View Post
    Nankervis just reported for a swinging elbow - should get a week - which will help our mid field match up given our current dwindling ruck position.
    It didn't look like something that could be defended.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    It didn't look like something that could be defended.
    Neither did head butting a player 2m from an umpire. I have no faith in the MRP.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Nankervis out would be massive for us.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hotdog60 View Post
    We could give Webb til the bye if he can hold his place and if the numbers don't stack up maybe he becomes surplus at years end.
    Pretty tough on a third year player trying to get consistent games in the reigning premiership side.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Doc26 View Post
    Who will mainly do our ruck duties? Boydy will probably be involved in there again but we still want him focused up forward. Will Campebell be ready to go? He was a late withdrawal on Friday night. Roughead another big out for us and look forward to when he returns.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocco Jones View Post
    Nankervis out would be massive for us.
    Its a good start for us.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    Pretty tough on a third year player trying to get consistent games in the reigning premiership side.
    Maybe a bit tough, I'd like to see him do well so if he could get a descent run at AFL level. But could he be the type that's too good at VFL level and not quite good enough at AFL level. I was just thinking of the 3 that have to go at years end but I guess there's some oldies that may not go on.
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

Post Thanks / Like

Will guys like Honeychurch and Hamilton get called up this year. HC very good in the VFL but can he take it on in the AFL. Hamilton been disappointing from what I've heard in the VFL reports. Guys like McHugh seem to be going better than Hamilton.

Post Thanks / Like

Ins- Boyd, Dickson
    Outs- Smith, Dale

Dale probably a bit stiff, but need Dickson for his sharpshooting.
    As much as I hate to say it, I think Clay needs to go back to the VFL and find some form.
    Webb still pushing for his opportunity good to see and Wallis needs at least another week. Not sure where big Tom Campbell is at but we are in need of a ruckman as well.

Post Thanks / Like

In: Campbell, Boyd
    Out: Dale, Smith
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Probably pre-mature to be giving ins and outs given that we are not sure on Libba and Dahlhaus' injury status, but what I would offer is;

- I don't think we should be rushing Wallis or Dickson in. After the time they've had off - second-up after a spell might be a tougher week for both.
    - I would be inclined to play Campbell. I don't believe for a second that he was out injured on Friday, we just went with a smaller team due to the conditions. Although Boyd has been poor, I would hope that playing him forward more often will straighten up our forward entries.
    - Clay Smith seems short of a gallop at the moment, just looks fatigued all of the time and its showing in his lack of composure.
    - Was pleased to see Bailey Dale get to so many contests on Friday. He probably didn't handle the conditions that well, but I'd be happy to see him get another crack at Etihad. If he got his hands on it 18 times at Etihad - I think he could do some damage.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hotdog60 View Post
    Maybe a bit tough, I'd like to see him do well so if he could get a descent run at AFL level. But could he be the type that's too good at VFL level and not quite good enough at AFL level. I was just thinking of the 3 that have to go at years end but I guess there's some oldies that may not go on.
    Murphy and Boyd likely, Prudden and Hamilton would be lucky to be at the kennel in 2018 (we should offer Prudden the Footscray captaincy if Russell walks, solid citizen).

I think we'll be ok for vacancies, assuming nobody is traded out which is unlikely as we trade someone pretty much every year.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ozza View Post
    - I don't think we should be rushing Wallis or Dickson in. After the time they've had off - second-up after a spell might be a tougher week for both.
    Bevo's post match presser seemed to indicate that Wallis would take a bit more time. He'll be given a few games at VFL level I suspect, needs match fitness and North Ballarat hardly count.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy Re: Match Committee - Round 7, 2017 vs Richmond

Peoples thoughts on Webb? He is just a bit vanilla for mine, struggles to win the ball and then seems to handball more than kick at the elite level for a player who is a solid kick. I've seen quite a few times people have had him in for Jong, but Jongy has 3 weapons speed, marking and his attack on pill which puts him well ahead of him.

He might get his chance this weekend lets hope he can take it.