Likes Likes:  12
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: AFL Round 6, 2017 Discussion

I don't think I've ever seen a club so reliant on two players like Geelong
    Adelaide very impressive early days

Post Thanks / Like

Tigers exposed as the pretenders they are, but damn Adelaide are going to take some beating. Especially over there.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Maybe. I understand Bevo's logic about not tagging, but with this team that's where the weakness is to destroy the Deathstar. So someone who can tag, but also impact the other way and perhaps kick a goal or two. If Mitch was fit enough to go the distance, he'd be a good type whose very strong, a great gut runner, experienced tagger, can hurt going our way too and can hit the scoreboard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    Libba ran with Damgerfield in the game at KP last year after Danger had done some damage early running around by himself. Tom was going pretty well until his ankle went. That's when Danger ran rampant again and they pulled away.
    And Macrae had Selwood on toast up until he went off injured.

If those two stay on the field we win that game.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    Tigers exposed as the pretenders they are, but damn Adelaide are going to take some beating. Especially over there.
    Let Adelaide do their damage early. They are playing spectacularly well - but I still reserve judgement on their premiership credentials until they can perform to that high standard late in the season and bring that into the finals.

The crows have had a lot of good regular season teams in the last 19 years.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Remi Moses View Post
    I don't think I've ever seen a club so reliant on two players like Geelong
    Adelaide very impressive early days
    The key seems to be to hard tag Selwood, stop him getting first possession, and that prevents Danger from getting a lot of his 2nd/clearing possession. Danger looked a bit sore yesterday - didn't have his absolute power.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ozza View Post
    The key seems to be to hard tag Selwood, stop him getting first possession, and that prevents Danger from getting a lot of his 2nd/clearing possession. Danger looked a bit sore yesterday - didn't have his absolute power.
    Yes I watched the whole game and I thought Danger seemed to be carrying an injury.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ozza View Post
    Let Adelaide do their damage early. They are playing spectacularly well - but I still reserve judgement on their premiership credentials until they can perform to that high standard late in the season and bring that into the finals.

The crows have had a lot of good regular season teams in the last 19 years.
    I think Neil Craig had them finish on top of the ladder two or three times didn't he and barely won a final.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    I think Neil Craig had them finish on top of the ladder two or three times didn't he and barely won a final.
    Top 4 in 2002, 2005,2006 & 2012.

Post Thanks / Like

Adelaide have begun spectacularly well and are definitely flag favourites. But let's not forget that they capitulated to the Cokers at home in the last round of 2016, beat an ordinary North Melbourne side and then got smashed by Sydney. Downhill skiers maybe?
    As for Geelong, putting some work into Dangerwood didn't do the Pies any harm. Pies will make the 8 this year.
    http://journals.worldnomads.com/merantau
    "It's not about the destination - it's about the trip."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by merantau View Post
    Adelaide have begun spectacularly well and are definitely flag favourites. But let's not forget that they capitulated to the Cokers at home in the last round of 2016, beat an ordinary North Melbourne side and then got smashed by Sydney. Downhill skiers maybe?
    As for Geelong, putting some work into Dangerwood didn't do the Pies any harm. Pies will make the 8 this year.
    They made us work harder for the four points than most teams this year I reckon.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.