Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  48
Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1112131415161718192021
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Game Day Round 6, 2017 - GWS Giants V Western Bulldogs

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Discussion on Fox last night after the game about the 50 metre penalty and the actions of umpires. I agree with Eddie, the umpires have to just umpire the game and stop trying to coach players, stop trying to warn them about over the mark, etc etc.

Patton took so long to kick the ball and the umpire started carrying on about move it move it. - Wood then thinking it is play on. Like Eddie said, the umpire should just blow the whistle and say PLAY ON and stop waving his arms and saying move it move it.
    The umpires give the same instruction everytime. They blow there whistle, then say and signal move it on, then they call and signal play on. The man in the mark can not move forward until the play on call.

I have noticed in recent weeks that umpires have been telling players to wait for the play in call.

Easton clearly moves, and not just a little bit, before the umpire calls play on.
    For those who were always the underdogs and wore it as a badge of honour.

Post Thanks / Like

I felt that Libba was having an influence in the centre of the game in that he maybe wasn't getting massive stats but he was stopping them from clearing it if that makes sense.
    Mummy decided to knock the wind out of his sails with a hard tackle. But went one better with Libbe knocking his head on the ground.
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by aker39 View Post
    The umpires give the same instruction everytime. They blow there whistle, then say and signal move it on, then they call and signal play on. The man in the mark can not move forward until the play on call.

I have noticed in recent weeks that umpires have been telling players to wait for the play in call.

Easton clearly moves, and not just a little bit, before the umpire calls play on.
    Easton was dumb but the umpire let it go for waaaaaay too long. Both Easton and the umpire were in the wrong.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

On the ABC they were wondering if there were any terse words or ill feelings after the game from Libba to Mumford. They haven't figured out GWS are a pack of cocky wankers with Mumford being one of the ring leaders of it all.

As I said last night GWS behave as if they've won a prelim and a grand final already. Dicks.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Last minute of the 2nd quarter, Smith gets ridden into the fence on a mark. Head first. No call. Bloody disgraceful.
    [B][COLOR="#0000CD"]Our club was born in blood and boots, not in AFL focus groups.[/COLOR][/B]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    How's the one against Stringer? He was in the centre square charging forward and was pushed off his kick and the ball went straight towards the boundary. No player in the league would deliberately kick the ball out of bounds from the middle of the ground.

Umpires just get caught up in the interpretations and leave common sense at the door.
    That was unbelievable. I thought the one against JJ when he was being spun in a tackle the week before was bad.

Were there 5 50s paid against on Friday night? That's got to be a record.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.