Thanks Thanks:  9
Likes Likes:  25
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Match Committee - Round 9, 2017 vs Geelong

Quote Originally Posted by Ozza View Post
    I don't think it would be ideal to bring in all 6 at once - 5 of which could potentially be under done.
    Yeah, it will probably be 3 or 4. Maybe Cloke & Roughead miss

Very much the same situation as before the EF though, we decided to bring them all in and it paid off

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    I'd keep Libba in and drop Smith. With the extra goal kickers coming in (Dickson / Cloke) and the addition of Redpath last week i feel we now have enough goal scoring potential. Clay has a knack of kicking bags of goals but he's been inconsistent. If he's not kicking goals regularly he lacks impact elsewhere, he'll continue to build no doubt.

I like Libba in the team against Geelong which is probably a reflection of how well he was going down there last time before he was injured. I'd be surprised if we tag Danger or Selwood but I reckon Bevo will be inclined to put a defensive mid on one of them and this role may be the tonic for Libba.
    Libba needs to lift his game, 8 touches doesn't cut it. Even a decent game from Libba last week could have been the difference

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    Probably not the exact thread to go into this in detail, but Crammers has been struggling with a hip injury all year and has missed at least 1 game with it already. Why has he been playing through it rather than getting it sorted out early, giving him a better chance to come back and play some meaningful footy in the back half of the year.
    They must have been hoping it would settle down after the swelling and bruising dissipated, but it didn't
    If you kicked five goals and Tom Boyd kicked five goals, Tom Boyd kicked more goals than you.

Formerly gogriff

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe bring in Our Mastermind for Bevo this week, seeing as Rhoder was the last Dogs coach to salute at the Cattery. Christ I hate that ground.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    Maybe bring in Our Mastermind for Bevo this week, seeing as Rhoder was the last Dogs coach to salute at the Cattery. Christ I hate that ground.
    Was he really?

I remember winning their in 1998 - but can't remember one since

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Revolution View Post
    Was he really?

I remember winning their in 1998 - but can't remember one since
    Late in season 2003 - we got the spoon but beat Geelong twice that season. In R1 we beat Geelong at Etihad when Granty did his ACL. From memory we didn't win another game until the return fixture at the Cattery about 16 weeks later. Just a bloody awful season.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

Post Thanks / Like

Geez I'm getting bloody edgy about this game. There's no one I'd rather beat than this mob.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm with you 1ED. I hate the dominance these jerks have over us, I hate their faces and I hate their arrogance.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    I'm with you 1ED. I hate the dominance these jerks have over us, I hate their faces and I hate their arrogance.
    What I hate is that we know in advance that Dangerfield won't get holding the ball against him, while we will. And that Selwood will get high contact frees for dropping his knees, while Toby McLean will not and that knob Ling will laud the first two names and criticise McLean for trying to get frees and calling out comments about our handballs being 'too quick' etc.

Death, taxes and this shit.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

One thing I can give credit to Cameron Ling for is that he's realised a career as a sycophant will be more prosperous for him than one as a coach.

Unfortunately for us we have to hear the reasons why every weekend on the TV, rather than watch him torture and prove himself to be no good at the latter.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Watching the West Coast game last week my wife asked "Does Cameron Ling not like the Bulldogs or something?"

She doesn't barrack for the dogs and I've never mentioned him to her before, so there is a neutral view of his continual extremely thinly veiled swipes as us.

Post Thanks / Like

But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

11. Likes Bulldog4life liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    What I hate is that we know in advance that Dangerfield won't get holding the ball against him, while we will. And that Selwood will get high contact frees for dropping his knees, while Toby McLean will not and that knob Ling will laud the first two names and criticise McLean for trying to get frees and calling out comments about our handballs being 'too quick' etc.

Death, taxes and this shit.
    Correct me if I'm wrong but has Toby ever not been given a high freekick? And tbf he contributes to his fair share of them.
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by soupaman View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong but has Toby ever not been given a high freekick? And tbf he contributes to his fair share of them.
    Yep a clear one paid in the WC game and a clear one not paid.

Post Thanks / Like

The best thing about Toby is when he draws a free it looks like attempted murder and the umpires find it hard not to pay it.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by soupaman View Post
    Only one this year from memory, since the rule change.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Does the poor weather forecast change our selections?

I had Libba as an out initially, but in an in-close game he needs to play... Not sure what impact Redpath has in the wet, damn those 2 joe-the-gooses as I prefer others.