Thanks Thanks:  5
Likes Likes:  21
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Match Committee - Round 12, 2017 vs Sydney Swans

Out: Williams, Murph, Suckling
    In: Libba, Cordy, Boyd

We have too many half backs and feel that JJ and Biggs provide enough run and Moz and Boyd can do the mopping.

Suckling's had enough chances he needs to work harder in the VFL we bat deeper now and have best 22 who aren't playing.

I agree that Cordy needs to come in to mind Franklin.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

In
    Boyd, Libba, McLean

Out
    Murphy, Suckling, English

Not sure the right blokes to play on Buddy can be found at Footscray. Neither Cordy or Roberts have the strength or pace, although it is possible that Roberts might come in to play on the resting ruckman. Adams is in great form to play on Buddy with support from Wood.

English unlucky but Roughy and Boyd are sufficient in our big men department.
    I thought I was wrong once but I was mistaken.

Post Thanks / Like

Will be interesting to see what's done with English. I think he genuinely helped our structure in the second half by moving into the ruck. I liked the two pronged talls playing deep and it helped us tie Carlisle to full back.

He looked a bit of a fish out water in the first half without an obvious role. Give it 3 years when he can spend half his minutes in the ruck and we've got a superstar.

4. Likes boydogs, BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Although he was in the ruck he was easily moved off the ball and a lot of time didn't even get near it.
    But for his first hit out I think he did well and there is plenty to work with.
    His after game interview gave me the impression he maybe in for just the one game as he stated that he hope to get more games in the future.
    Bevo may have just rewarded some good work in the VFL and to give him a taste of the different level.
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

Post Thanks / Like

In Cloke Cordy Libba McClean

Out English Murphy Williams Suckling

7. Likes bornadog, Mantis liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

English showed his skills and agility, had a few almost moments but you can see he will be an aerial threat, he was double-teamed at one stage in his first game

Don't think he can do enough at senior level to be best 22 yet, but the experience will benefit him

Honeychurch's VFL numbers were outstanding, I'd like to see him get another go at AFL level to see if he can bring the same high production & scoreboard hitting game
    If you kicked five goals and Tom Boyd kicked five goals, Tom Boyd kicked more goals than you.

Formerly gogriff

Post Thanks / Like

Out: Bob, Williams, English
    In: Roberts, McLean, Cloke

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocco Jones View Post
    Out: Bob, Williams, English
    Rocco, you have nailed it for me again. Roberts to play on Tippett, Adams to Buddy (or vica versa)
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Rocco, you have nailed it for me again. Roberts to play on Tippett, Adams to Buddy (or vica versa)
    Roberts isn't an ideal option but we need someone to support along the chain vs Buddy, Reid and Tippett (who I am not so much worried about).

On my other ins and outs- I really like Williams but struggling to consistently have an influence, which is fine as he is developing. Toby McLean is a very reliable option and deserves a game.

Cloke for English is again all about the short term aim of winning. We could also go with Honey for English and play a smaller set up but I think Cloke brings more in teams of greater needs of the team,

12. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Out: Bob, Suckling, English
    In: McLean, Cordy, Cloke

McLean was unlucky to be dropped and responded well. He offers a lot and his solid contested game should be suited for Swans/SCG.

Cordy was another a little stiff to be dropped. With Sydney's tall fowards, his inclusion makes sense structurally. His slightly better mobility, versatility and aggression give him the edge over Roberts for mine. Suckling is struggling to significantly impact games and is unlikely to find the time and space he craves against the Swans at the SCG.

English's huge potential is obvious but he's still in development mode. For this game and venue, we need a contested marking option to complement the fowards, Cloke looks the option.

Post Thanks / Like

Franklin gave Adams a hiding at the SCG last year. (He has done the same to others as well) The Swans isolated Franklin and Adams was completely lost. Adams prefers it where he can run and mark or spoil not looking to see his where his man is. May need back up in case Swans do this again.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocco Jones View Post
    Roberts isn't an ideal option but we need someone to support along the chain vs Buddy, Reid and Tippett (who I am not so much worried about).

On my other ins and outs- I really like Williams but struggling to consistently have an influence, which is fine as he is developing. Toby McLean is a very reliable option and deserves a game.

Cloke for English is again all about the short term aim of winning. We could also go with Honey for English and play a smaller set up but I think Cloke brings more in teams of greater needs of the team,
    After reading your post I've changed my mind Rocco as your rationale makes sense. Knowing Bevo's penchant for playing a bit shorter in defence, the only possible alteration might be for Honeychurch to come in instead of Roberts. Bevo likes to reward continued good form in the VFL and Honeychurch is pounding the door down for a chance in the seniors.......and I think the smaller SCG suits his style where he doesn't get exposed for lack of pace. His defensive pressure could be important.

16. Thanks S Coast Simon thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bullies View Post
    Franklin gave Adams a hiding at the SCG last year. (He has done the same to others as well) The Swans isolated Franklin and Adams was completely lost. Adams prefers it where he can run and mark or spoil not looking to see his where his man is. May need back up in case Swans do this again.
    Few teams have a good matchup for Franklin.....Adams is our best one but will need support from Wood and defensive pressure further up the ground.

Post Thanks / Like

At this point I would suggest the following changes;

Out:

Murphy Injured
    English - great that he got an opportunity, but 3 rucks is too many.

In:

McLean - dominating VFL, with Murph going fwd v the saints, and having plenty of half backs - McLean is a good replacement.
    Cordy - can go back as extra support, or forward.

Would probably leave it at that for now.
    Cloke may well have earned a spot with what looks like good output in the VFL, but I worry that the SCG might be the wrong track for him. Has only played there twice in his career - but two poor performances there. The congested nature probably doesn't suit his strengths.

Post Thanks / Like

The hard focus is coming down on Reid and Tippett. We need Roberts or Cordy as insurance against one of them clunking marks as a desperate survival response. Buddy of course isn't a great mark but is greatly mobile. Can Mozza contain him? I hope so. Sydney would love our scalp. I'd love for Honeychurch to be rewarded and to have the chance to ply his craft in the ones but no room with McLean ahead of him.
    Out: Murphy, Williams, English
    Footscray Football Republic.