Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  24

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Is Western Bulldogs star Tom Boyd suffering from a premiership hangover?

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    Which mature ruckmen were available?

Only a few changed clubs and they were guys like Vardy and Witts who had a legitimate chance of being their club's no 1 ruckmen when they arrive (and Vardy is more injury prone than virtually anyone else in the competition).
    Whoever came to us would know they are depth and would need to rely on multiple injuries to get senior gametime.

I'm sure we asked the question, there was just nobody good enough who was available.
    Yep, it's fine to say we should have prepared better/had more foresight but its not easy to just conjure up a quality depth ruckman that is happy to play 3rd fiddle on what's likely a below average contract ($$ wise).

And shock horror: perhaps Bevo sees Boyd more as a ruck/forward rather than a pure KPF (especially considering we brought in Cloke to fill that role) and considers him as part of our overall ruck depth.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Is Western Bulldogs star Tom Boyd suffering from a premiership hangover?

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    And shock horror: perhaps Bevo sees Boyd more as a ruck/forward rather than a pure KPF (especially considering we brought in Cloke to fill that role) and considers him as part of our overall ruck depth.
    I wouldn't think it would be very on-brand of Bevo to pigeon-hole someone so young with so much upside into a role that they've never really played previously; seems far more of a McCartney-type move.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -