Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  24
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Three things you've learned-round 6 v the Plastics.

Any touching of the other players face is normally a free kick. It should have been reversed.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    Any touching of the other players face is normally a free kick. It should have been reversed.
    It should at minimum be a fine by the MRP, possibly more. We saw with the punching players in the stomach last year, if you ignore it, you condone it, and players will do it. Players deserve not to aggressively have their jaws grabbed.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

3 things....

1. We're back. I'm now more confident than ever, that we can win the flag again. We have several key players coming back. The Giants are gettable - we clearly should have won on Friday, and if we either kick straight, or Libba stays on the ground, we win.

2. Luke Beveridge was more filthy with our two losses this season than me. If you saw his members message after Friday night - you'll have noted he was seething and that "4-2 is not the ideal start - we should be 6-0". High expectations. And here I was thinking we are building into the season.

3. The 'no Boydy, no Bulldogs' theme continues. We haven't won without him in 2015, 2016 & 2017. Get him back in the team.

Post Thanks / Like

1. Our intensity has returned, it's almost like we're starting the season proper when the non-finalists did (noting we started 5-6 weeks later than those teams)

2. Our kicking for goal is horrendous, perhaps the worst I can ever remember. We may need to sacrifice ability to win the ball for guys who will get it less but finish more effectively.

3. Question marks over the head of some regulars last season should give fringe players more opportunity. Still harping on about it, but I really hope Bailey Williams gets another week in the seniors. He's gonna make it.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ozza View Post
    3 things....

1. We're back. I'm now more confident than ever, that we can win the flag again. We have several key players coming back. The Giants are gettable - we clearly should have won on Friday, and if we either kick straight, or Libba stays on the ground, we win.

2. Luke Beveridge was more filthy with our two losses this season than me. If you saw his members message after Friday night - you'll have noted he was seething and that "4-2 is not the ideal start - we should be 6-0". High expectations. And here I was thinking we are building into the season.

3. The 'no Boydy, no Bulldogs' theme continues. We haven't won without him in 2015, 2016 & 2017. Get him back in the team.
    Geez, its all down hill from next year then.
    It's better to die on our feet than live on our knees.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    Only 6 games after a premiership and that patented Bulldogs nihilism has already set it.
    Didn't mean to come across as negative, just that it was much further out than the poster recalled
    If you kicked five goals and Tom Boyd kicked five goals, Tom Boyd kicked more goals than you.

Formerly gogriff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SonofScray View Post
    Green raked his face. Should have been reported again. High, intentional, low impact = weeks. There is no reason whatsoever any player should be gripping an opponents face when the ball is not in play.
    "Below the impact level required to constitute a reportable offense"
    If you kicked five goals and Tom Boyd kicked five goals, Tom Boyd kicked more goals than you.

Formerly gogriff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Scorlibo View Post
    Agree with you, but 'Move it ON!' and 'play ON!' are too similar for mine. Good opportunity for umpires assoc. to review the phrases they're teaching the umpires to use on the field.
    Nothing wrong with 'hurry up' I wouldn't think?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rooner View Post

Something that can't get misconstrued for 'play on' anyway.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Is there really that many cases of players misconstruing the instruction that this is really an issue that needs to be addressed? And we aren't sure that Easton misheard anyway - could have just been impatience and NOT listening which brought him undone.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ozza View Post
    Is there really that many cases of players misconstruing the instruction that this is really an issue that needs to be addressed? And we aren't sure that Easton misheard anyway - could have just been impatience and NOT listening which brought him undone.
    I think it was the arm action from the ump that caught him out.. I think he thought the 'move it on' gesture was actually a 'play on' call.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    I think it was the arm action from the ump that caught him out.. I think he thought the 'move it on' gesture was actually a 'play on' call.
    Think it was bloody ordinary by Easton, i was pretty filthy on him.
    "Loves a scrap....oh yeah & he's a pretty handy footballer as well"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rooner View Post
    "Get on with it!!!"

Post Thanks / Like

Say nothing except play on. No warnings. The player knows he has 6 seconds or whatever the number is.
    They've done studies you know, 60% of the time, it works every time!
    Brian Fantana.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SlimPickens View Post
    Think it was bloody ordinary by Easton, i was pretty filthy on him.
    I can forgive him....considering he saved our arse on numerous occasions in the game.
    I thought I was wrong once but I was mistaken.