Thanks Thanks:  5
Likes Likes:  4
    Post Thanks / Like

Quarter Season Report Card

Ok, I have us finishing top 4 so there's at least two finals (minimum, plus one or two more footy gods willing) plus 22 H&A games = 24 games and we've played 6. Ergo, we are quarter season in, at a minimum.

Results:

4 wins - Collingwood, Sydney, North & Brisbane - in Melbourne against bottom 6 clubs.
    2 losses - Freo & GWS - in Perth & Canberra against top 8 clubs.
    Percentage - No big wins or losses means percentage isn't great, isn't in the negative either. Currently 110%. But teams like Adelaide (152%) & Geelong (147%) are going big again like last year.

We lead in both our losses, and arguably should've won both. But didn't. Our wins haven't been overly convincing, but they're wins and we take them.

Existing injuries to Wallis (mid), Prudden (HBF), Tweedie (forward) & Redders (KPF). New Injuries to Roughy (1st ruck/fwd), Roarke (HBF), Dickson (key mid forward), Crameri (key forward), Cloke (CHF), Morris (key defender), Campbell (second ruck) & Lipinski (forward). In game concussions and/or serious head knocks to Tom Boyd (FF/ruck), Picken (everything and everywhere player), Libba (inside class) & Matty Boyd (HBF).

Game plans tweaked. Zone defence still used. Players rotating, successfully with Stringer doing some more midfield and Bonts hitting the scoreboard. Goal kicking, well, GVGjr can address it again.

So, how's the premiership defence going so far?
    Last edited by bulldogtragic; 29-04-2017 at 02:24 AM. Reason: Typos
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

2. Thanks Twodogs, GVGjr, bornadog, Eastdog thanked for this post
    Likes KT31 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Quarter Season Report Card

After last night, all systems go.

Who ever wins the flag is going to have to beat us.
    The curse is dead.

4. Thanks bornadog thanked for this post
    Likes Bulldog4life, 1eyedog, Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Losing roughie, Morris and Dickson are massive losses for our club.
    Our first 4 games we looked hungover from the GF. Not playing with the same intensity as late last year, but after last night it was good to see it back. We are such a different team when we hunt the opposition instead of sitting back on our laurels. We were VERY lucky to be 4-0.

I thought the freo game would have been the wake up call, but it took us a good half to shake the lions in what was a putrid display of fwd work, goal kicking etc.

Obviously some changes to our game style with players playing a more utility role between fwd and back.

The 3 games coming up are massive for us.

We need to get those injured back into this team ASAP.
    I will never see #16 the same!!

Post Thanks / Like

We'd be 5-1 if GWS didn't resort to violence to steal the game from us, and praising our depth for getting to this point with so many injuries. We'll be fine
    If you kicked five goals and Tom Boyd kicked five goals, Tom Boyd kicked more goals than you.

Formerly gogriff

Post Thanks / Like

Reckon we're trundling along like an old cart on a Roman road. We're only in 1st gear, jumped to third on Friday night. I think we'll get to the point at some stage this season where we're unbeatable again. Hope the timings right.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

4-2 is a strong position to be in at this stage. Agree that we haven't been at our 100% best but was a good sign that we come back well in our last 2 wins.

On Friday night our pressure was there and we gave it pretty much 100% but our execution just needs to be a bit better. I think will be right.

The next 4 matches coming up are big. I reckon we should beat the Tigers next week at Etihad, the Eagles will be tough over there but let's not forget the elimination final last year, Cats at Simonds tough but a potential scalp I reckon and the Saints at Etihad is a dangerous game but one we should win.

We do have a few out. Look forward to Wallis tearing it up in the middle again.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"