Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  6
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: AFL Round 7, 2017 Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by merantau View Post
    I really dislike both teams but will be rooting for St Kilda. Can't stand the talk about "the GWS franchise winning 3 out of the next five" (McAvanney speculating just now). I want to see them crash and burn like cheap plastic.

KB keeps calling them the Winx of the competition. There is an obvious flaw in that logic. Winx has never lost and has a houseful of trophies and cups and stuff and GWS have never actually won anything.

Nada.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    KB keeps calling them the Winx of the competition. There is an obvious flaw in that logic. Winx has never lost and has a houseful of trophies and cups and stuff and GWS have never actually won anything.

Nada.
    If the comp was smart, the clubs would gut GWS with the AFEL unable to do anything. North have the right idea with Kelly, us to a lesser extent with Boyd (as ours was a reactive strike, but a strike).

Make huge cash offers on their elite talent. Years and dollars the player can't say no to. Refuse to trade in any meaningful way with GWS. If Kelly accepts and North don't trade, he gets there in the psd without any doubt. If they lose 6-8 of their gun players for little back, then let's so how they are going to cover them with ageing players like Gryphone, Lids & Mzungu who have trouble getting on the park.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

3. Likes 1eyedog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Umpires love GWS. I thought it was anti-dogs last week, but maybe it was pro-GWS umpiring.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

GWS playing on their own terms again .

Post Thanks / Like

I wonder if the media narrative about how the 2018 GWS Premiership being done and won might change...
    Last edited by bulldogtragic; 05-05-2017 at 10:22 PM. Reason: Tie Poh

Post Thanks / Like

Dogs bashes up the Giants. Saints couldn't have got them at a better time.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Saints absolutely smashed them in the last qtr and a bit

Post Thanks / Like

I still like Koby's attack on the ball and man. A shame his skills and decision making aren't at the same level. For his sake I hope he doesn't get done for his sling tackle.

Post Thanks / Like

The ball jyst pings out of their back half to easily

Post Thanks / Like

Impressive result by the Saints. They've been super aggressive with their tackling and they run forward with numbers.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    I still like Koby's attack on the ball and man. A shame his skills and decision making aren't at the same level. For his sake I hope he doesn't get done for his sling tackle.
    He has no chance of getting off for that one.

Post Thanks / Like

GWS still yet to impress me this year.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post
    GWS still yet to impress me this year.
    I have big doubts on them. When they are up and going they are gods. But under pressure if you make them pay (which we failed to do last week) you are a big chance, and I am completely unconvinced by their depth. For all the high draft picks playing in their reserves we have seen through their performances at Carlton that maybe 1 in four is actually half decent. If they get injuries, which they finally seem to be getting, their lack of depth is going to be exposed.
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    I wonder if the media narrative about how the 2018 GWS Premiership being done and won might change...
    Media carried on about how good they were and hot favourites for the flag, blah blah blah. I think they have been believing their own publicity and thinking how good they are. Really should have knocked them off last week.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

They tend to go all Hollywood when things are on their own terms .
    Heath Shaw had a mare , and that's a thing of beauty