Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Question Your outside chance to make the eight.

It is a tick after quarter time in the season and it got me wondering who might make the eight. And what team that you didn't think at the start of the season had a chance at making the eight that you think might be a chance now?

I think Collingwood are an outside chance. I thought they were good against us even they had a few out. Moore will get better as he works into the season, they have a fairly decent ruckman and some quality onballers (don't bat very deep though) who use the ball well and their defence has been a lot better than most expected.

They are coming from a fair way back but I can see them getting on a roll and winning 5 or 6 games in a row during the middle of the year.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Your outside chance to make the eight.

Port have come from nowhere. Something in the water in SA at the moment (even more than usual)
    If you kicked five goals and Tom Boyd kicked five goals, Tom Boyd kicked more goals than you.

Formerly gogriff

Post Thanks / Like

I gave Port a chance at the outset, but they have performed strongly.

Melbourne have really lost games they should not have and will struggle to hold on with the loss of Gawn.

Geelong was a team I expected to drop out, but they have been incredibly fortunate with both Melbourne and North Melbourne failing to take chances to beat them.

St Kilda remain a chance and Richmond are certainly in the chances as well.
    Life is to be Enjoyed not Endured

Post Thanks / Like

Port will finish top 6, IMO.

Richmond have the inside running for the last spot in the 8, only having to win another 7/8 games with a soft draw. Can definitely see them stuffing it up.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    Port will finish top 6, IMO.

Richmond have the inside running for the last spot in the 8, only having to win another 7/8 games with a soft draw. Can definitely see them stuffing it up.

Lock Richmond in for ninth. It's been far too long.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.