Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
It feels a little Edgewater to me. Another $15,000,000 or so to increase crowds for 2 games a year is irresponsible by any government. Irrespective of what we want as members of a football club. North Ballrat could fold (like Bendigo Gold) and then it's a big money pit with little return on investment for the branches of government. They'd probably need 4 games to argue the case, and mirror the Hawthorn example. That we are obviously not interested in dropping the Cairns match, has me concerned as a member. Firstly, that we've lost every week, every time after playing in Cairns which hurts us on field, but if we are flogging off 3-5 games to make more money then that also hurts us potentially by reducing our games at Etihad. Then as above, if members can't get in, then members get pissed off. There's a fair bit of risk financially, on field and impact on members - I hope the reward is worth it and eventuates.
Agree that we must cut ties with Cairns if we are to proceed with Ballarat.

Disagree that this is an Edgewater type scenario. For one, the club isn't on the hook for millions, nor are they tasked with running the stadium. The Ballarat council is about to pay millions to take over the stadium from North Ballarat to ensure its long term survival, so even if the Roosters fold, the ground isn't at risk.